ebay dresses

quandrea

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever buy their dresses on ebay? I found one I love at a great price. Don't want to spend much because this is a VR not a wedding. Measurements were given and they match mine. Was this a terrible idea?

I personally have never bought a dress from eBay, but I would definitely recommend checking the seller's feedback. Read through the notes left by other buyers. If it's really good, I say go for it. It's kind of shaky or bad, run and pick someone else.

I have bought some dresses... I got my wedding dress there, went to a local store to find out what size I would need to get and got that size. I saved about 600.00.

I also got 2 dresses for my daughter as she was a flower girl and needed 2 dresses.

All of purchases were great! just make sure to check out the seller, find out if you will have to pay any custom fees if it is being shipped from a far. Make sure they have postive feedback. Last but not least don't be rushed, if there is a mix up make sure you have time to exchange it or run to a store to get something.

HTH

I bought my wedding dress on eBay too. I had already tried it on in the store, though. Also, I felt more secure because the seller ran a small bridal shop in the Midwest and seemed established. Everything was so easy, and I ended up getting more than 60% off the price quoted to me by the shop where I tried on the dress.

Well if its any help, I have brought a made to order long evening dress off ebay before from China, and it fits me like a glove - it only cost about £60 but looks like it cost much much more!!

Its always a bit of a gamble but as long as you check the feedback and you are prepared to accept theres a chance it might not be as expected.... then I'd say definitely go for it! And it'll probably save you lots of money!!

I bought my dress off eBay. I'd done some dress shop research first, so I knew which designers I liked. The one I bought was from a private seller who hadn't worn the dress. It was bnwt but a 1/4 of the price.

i bought mine off of ebay, it was a discontinued alfred angelo so i never got to try it on before i bought it but im very happy with it.

I also bought mine off ebay, from a seller named best-love-u. It was custom made direct from China. I had tried on the dress from Alfred Angelo at the store, and saved $1200 by buying it on ebay. :yay:

I'd say go for it if the seller has a fair amount of feedback and a high rating. If you pay with paypal you have some protection and can file disputes through paypal (they play middle man for you) and you can get your money back if something is horribly wrong.

I haven't but I would consider it- I would make sure based on feedback sales, the person wasn't a "seller" of dresses by nature- but a real person selling their dress- you can usually tell if you look at feedback, listings etc- I would be worried about being scammed otherwise.

Did you receive the dress yet?

I absolutely love eBay. I have saved so money on there and have gotten such great deals. I think eBay is a fantastic place, you just have to rad careful the listings and keep your fingers crossed, that the description does match what you get. Im sure it will look great :goodvibes

No dress yet. I ordered it on Tuesday, I think it was, so I suspect it will be a while. I can show you a picture if someone tells me how to upload a photo from ebay.

I love you guys for starting this thread! I looked on ebay last night and found a flower girl dress for my daughter for $20 with shipping :) We were planning on buying one @ David's and the one I liked was $100. They even have little tuxes. If the dress is as nice as it looks online I'm going to order tuxes for my boys. Here is the dress: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...833&var=570019900577&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT Thanks ladies for the useful info, I never even thought to look on ebay

That is the same seller I got some dresses for my DD, everything was great, just make sure you put some money in the budegt to have it dry cleaned, I got that done and it fixed all the wrinkles and made the dress "poof" more.

I was inspired by this thread too! I had been searching off and on for Maggie Sottero dresses in a 10 for the past couple of months. I knew I wanted a empire waist, flowy type dress for my second gown. I had tried on Vanessa and Ireland in a store and I loved them both. Well, I left work early yesterday afternoon and was searching Ebay and found a new with tags Maggie "Cassia" which is very similar in style to the Vanessa and they had it for $250 on Buy It Now, so I bought it! I had looked earlier this month at having a knockoff made in China and it would have been about the same price.

I will update once I receive the dress which should be around June 7-13.

I just made my first ever purchase on ebay a few days ago for my rehersal dress. I wanted a simple white dress and something that i would be comfortable in while going to epcot for our dessert party. I only paid 15 bucks so if it's not exactly what I expected, I won't be too heart broken :-)

I love you guys for starting this thread! I looked on ebay last night and found a flower girl dress for my daughter for $20 with shipping :) We were planning on buying one @ David's and the one I liked was $100. They even have little tuxes. If the dress is as nice as it looks online I'm going to order tuxes for my boys. Here is the dress: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...833&var=570019900577&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT Thanks ladies for the useful info, I never even thought to look on ebay

I wanted to update that the dress came and it is beautiful! Woohoo for the money I saved!

Well the dress arrived and I LOVE it! It fits perfectly, don't even have to shorten it. Now how do I store the thing until December?:confused3

I wanted to update that the dress came and it is beautiful! Woohoo for the money I saved!

The link you provided I bought my flower girls dress from them too! Its similiar to the one you have but had lifts! Turquoise even too!:)
These are the only photos I really have of my girls in them though, but the one is real tall and it fit her so well

Hope the flower girl dresses work wonderfully for your wedding. It was a nice ebay purchase for mine! :)

Arden-76.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter