Ebay Collectible Selling Question

rmb

Mouseketeer
Calling all Ebay experts: I have 20 new in their original box Dept 56 Snowbabies. Would you advise selling them as a lot or individual? They are the smaller ones and the average price was $30 each. I have looked on Ebay and seems people sell them individually and in lots - I just wanted to get some advise on what others thought would be the best way to sell these.

Thanks, Robyn

You could certainly sell them in lots of 5 or 10, or even a single lot of 20. It would certainly make it easier on you to collect your money and ship everything off to one buyer. But unless they are companion pieces or a complete series, I would sell them individually. You can always offer to combine shipping for winners of multiple auctions.

Having purchased several collectible pieces on eBay, I can say that often times, if a piece that I want is part of a lot, I will pass on bidding. I don't want to pay for the other pieces that I don't want or already have and I certainly don't care to pay to ship them!

I suggest that you sell them individually. Yes it would be easier to sell them as a lot, but even with fees I think you would get more lookers and eventually more money. Some people a scared off by big quantities and large prices. I might buy two for 25.00 each, whereas I would never buy the lot for 250.00. And two at 25 is much better than 20 at 250.00.

I sell alot (and my wife buys alot) :love2: on ebay and have found that the inconveinence often pays greater dividends.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the quick reply- I will go with selling individually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter