EBay assistance needed...

BlessedMomOfTwo

Mouseketeer
I am currently selling some items on eBay and I am pretty new to it all. We have had a family trip planned since early this year, however all our vacation funds needed to go to medical bills as my husband has been dealing with some cardiac issues that they haven't been able to get resolved since their onset in January.

My dh really wants to make this trip with the kids, so I have been trying to pull it together. I am really getting down to the wire now as we are to go in early December.

I have all my auctions set up for payment via PayPal only. I had someone email me today to ask if I would accept payment by Cashier's Check if she did a Buy-It-Now.

Is there anything I should be concerned about with a Cashier's Check? Like a certain brand of them, etc? Do I need to make sure it clears before shipping the item, etc,. How long would that take? The item she is interested in is my highest price item so I am really hoping it will sell to have that money for the trip. I would hate to lose out on the listing, etc were this to not go thru for some reason.

Any advise you can offer? Thanks so much.
Carol
eBay id - CarolineScraps

I accept Paypal and MOs. If the buyer can send a cashier's check, they can send a MO. I would trust that more. Like you, almost all my auctions are paypal only, but for some bigger items, I add MO to attract as many bids as I can. I'd accept a MO from this person, and ship when you successfully cash it. Hope you have your $ in time to go!

Thanks so much for your help. In this case, someone else bought it via Buy-It-Now before I could get back to the person who had sent the email.

At least I know for future reference should the situation arise again.

Thanks again!
Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter