Ebates?

ChrisinNJ

DIS Veteran
I have been using Sun Shine Rewards for a while to earn Disney gift cards. I hardly ever do surveys just get the % for shopping.

I just looked at ebates and the % back looks higher on most vendors. How does ebates pay? Paypal? Check? Gift Cards?

Do you request payments or are they automatically sent when you earn them?

TIA

Any of the 3 I believe... I've only ever received PayPal from them and even though its only 4 times a year it's a nice surprise and deposit into the vacation fud.

Any of the 3 I believe... I've only ever received PayPal from them and even though its only 4 times a year it's a nice surprise and deposit into the vacation fud.

So they send you rewards quarterly? We have a paypal account foe ebay so that would work.

I like SR for the Disney gift cards. But if I can get more $$ back, that is better!

So they send you rewards quarterly? We have a paypal account foe ebay so that would work.

I like SR for the Disney gift cards. But if I can get more $$ back, that is better!

i think it's quarterly. you can ask for a check.

Yes, its quarterly and automatic - you don't need to request it. I received a check, but it can be deposited into Paypal too. They also run promos where they increase the %s. On black Friday, for example, the %s were doubled.

They automatically send you a "big fat check" (their term, not mine) every four months. From their website:
Purchases Posted Between--- Big Fat Check Sent
Jan 1-Mar 31--- May 15
Apr 1-June 30--- Aug 15
July 1-Sept 30--- Nov 15
Oct 1-Dec 31--- Feb 15

I've been using them for years and have never had a problem. They send me an email letting me know that my check is being mailed to me and about a week later, it's in my mailbox. You can also elect to have it deposited in your paypal account or designate the money to be sent to anyone you know or any charity you prefer. :)

I used them diligently over the holiday season and watched for stores offering double cash back and was able to accumulate ebates amounting to $180. Highest amount I ever earned!

I used to use Sunshine also, and although the lady that runs it is very nice, I was having lots of problems with things not crediting, surveys not working or 10 minutes in suddenly not qualifying, so switched to Ebates. I've never had an issue with them and questions have been answered quickly. I get quarterly checks mailed to me and have made over $300.

I also like Ebates better than SR....I just booked Pop Century, using the Ebates link, on Priceline for $2 less than the cost @ WDW reservations (including the new Spring savings offer) Plus I get 4.5% back on Published-Price Prepaid Hotels. :)

I sunshine for the surveys (when I have time) because it is free money. I use eBates for my shopping because the % is usually higher. Sometimes, I double-dip and buy a gift card from eBates (earn the % rebate) then turn around and buy something through sunshine and earn the % rebate there too. I have all of my rewards sent to my PayPal account so there really is no big difference in how I earn them. I shop with the higher % and do surveys for the free money.

I have been using "Add it Up" with my Bank of America card. I've noticed that ebates / mrrebates offer a higher cash back at times, but the thing that I like about BoA is that the cashback gets credited directly into my bank account. Never heard of sunshine rewards. I'll check it out tonite.

I switched from the Big Fat Check to an Amazon gift card 2 quarters ago. I get it right away and I got an extra dollar last quarter for taking the gift card. Wish Shutterfly hadn't stopped doing ebates. Also wish Pottery Barn was on there.

For those of you who get your Ebates deposited into a PayPal account, does PayPal take out any fees? I have a Premiere (I think that's still what it's called) PayPal account, so I can accept credit cards for my eBay sales. I've always gotten a check from Ebates b/c I wasn't sure if the PayPal deposits would be subject to PayPal fees.

I have been using ebates about 8 months & I get "big fat check". My only problem is to remember to go to ebates before I go to the company website as I keep forgetting that part!!!

I switched from the Big Fat Check to an Amazon gift card 2 quarters ago. I get it right away and I got an extra dollar last quarter for taking the gift card. Wish Shutterfly hadn't stopped doing ebates. Also wish Pottery Barn was on there.

Me too! I got most of my cash back from Shutterfly because I order a lot from them. I wish all Amazon purchases counted on ebates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter