Ebates-Orbitz 10.5% question - upgrade to APs?

EpcotMatt2

DIS Veteran
I think this is possible, but wanted to check with the veterans out there. If I get a 7-day hopper through Ebates at Orbitz, the ticket is $367.43, plus the 10.5% cash back from Ebates I get later. My question, when I pick up the voucher for my 7-day hopper, can I upgrade that to an Annual Pass? And if so, do I pay the difference based on the full price of my original ticket, ie $611.31 - $367.43 = $243.88? If all this is correct, it seems that this is a nice little extra savings rather than just getting an Annual Pass from the start which is what I was considering anyway. Thanks.

I think this is possible, but wanted to check with the veterans out there. If I get a 7-day hopper through Ebates at Orbitz, the ticket is $367.43, plus the 10.5% cash back from Ebates I get later. My question, when I pick up the voucher for my 7-day hopper, can I upgrade that to an Annual Pass? And if so, do I pay the difference based on the full price of my original ticket, ie $611.31 - $367.43 = $243.88? If all this is correct, it seems that this is a nice little extra savings rather than just getting an Annual Pass from the start which is what I was considering anyway. Thanks.

Yes, you can upgrade your ticket to AP. However, make sure you use the ticket once before you upgrade. That way Disney gives you the full value of the ticket and not what you paid for it.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, especially Post #7, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

If you really want to maximize your savings, you should buy the ticket from orbitz closest in price to the AP so you get the full 10.5% off. I figured it out using the 8 day hopper with no expiration ($607) would give you 64 bucks off vs a cheaper ticket.

Can someone talk me thru the Orbitz thing? If I go thru ebates/orbitz - do I get a voucher? And then I bring the voucher to WDW? Or how does it work?

Thanks!

Can someone talk me thru the Orbitz thing? If I go thru ebates/orbitz - do I get a voucher? And then I bring the voucher to WDW? Or how does it work?

Thanks!

Make sure you are logged into your Ebates account and then from Ebates go to Orbitz and order your tickets, it's an "Activity" in Orbitz. Orbitz will then send you an email with a voucher. You print it and bring it with you when picking up your Disney park tickets- they can be redeemed at any of the theme parks, and others have said Guest Services in Downtown Disney allows you to pick them up from there too, which I will be doing.

If you really want to maximize your savings, you should buy the ticket from orbitz closest in price to the AP so you get the full 10.5% off. I figured it out using the 8 day hopper with no expiration ($607) would give you 64 bucks off vs a cheaper ticket.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hadn't considered this.

Ok, I'm hoping someone can help me. I did the above {prior to the price increases}, but now upon crunching the numbers, I'm thinking this was a mistake. The current Disney price for an 8-day Hopper No Exp ticket is more than an AP. And from what the sticky says, higher priced tickets cannot be changed to a lower priced ticket. So, am I out of luck here?

Just got off the phone with ticket services and yes, it seems we're out of luck. Cannot change these tix to APs. Very disappointed to say the least. For others out there that were considering this, please be aware that this is not a valid option for upgrading to APs.

Just got off the phone with ticket services and yes, it seems we're out of luck. Cannot change these tix to APs. Very disappointed to say the least. For others out there that were considering this, please be aware that this is not a valid option for upgrading to APs.

Are you saying that you couldn't upgrade because your 8 day was priced higher than the AP or that the tickets in general cant be upgraded to APs. My understanding was that most any tickets could be upgraded to APs ( unless superficially stated on the ticket/voucher). Is there something on the voucher that says you can't? Sorry your final posted confused me.

My specific ticket {8-day MYW Hoppers with No Exp}could not be upgraded as it is priced higher than an AP & would be considered a "downgrade" which isn't permitted. Sorry for the confusion.

Looks like there are some Premium Annual Passes in my future. Gonna cost a little more, but it'll save the situation it seems.

My specific ticket {8-day MYW Hoppers with No Exp}could not be upgraded as it is priced higher than an AP & would be considered a "downgrade" which isn't permitted. Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe I'm wrong but why not buy a lesser priced ticket since you will be upgrading? Don't pay for the non expiring tickets.

Maybe I'm wrong but why not buy a lesser priced ticket since you will be upgrading? Don't pay for the non expiring tickets.

He purchased the tickets trying to maximize the 10% back from ebates. At the time he purchased the ticket that he bought was slightly less expensive than the AP he wanted to purchase. At the beginning of June this year, Disney raised their prices but the price of the 8 day non expiring hopper jumper over the price of an annual pass, thus making it impossible to upgrade to a regular AP.

He purchased the tickets trying to maximize the 10% back from ebates. At the time he purchased the ticket that he bought was slightly less expensive than the AP he wanted to purchase. At the beginning of June this year, Disney raised their prices but the price of the 8 day non expiring hopper jumper over the price of an annual pass, thus making it impossible to upgrade to a regular AP.

Question: in this scenerio, could he pick up his tickets and upgrade to an AP BEFORE walking through a turnstile and thus NOT bridging the tickets to current value? In that inastance, wouldn't the original purchase price be below the price of an AP ? I would imagine that the rebate percentage doesn't factor into the face value of the ticket when he picks it up...

An interesting discussion. Here is my question...

Going to DL for 2 days. Bought through the Ebates/Orbitz deal 2-day non-hopper passes. Now I want to make them hoppers.

Do I do that at pickup time since all I have so far is a voucher? Do I walk into one park and then back out to upgrade the pass? How do I handle this?

thanks in advance...

---Paul in Southern NJ

An interesting discussion. Here is my question...

Going to DL for 2 days. Bought through the Ebates/Orbitz deal 2-day non-hopper passes. Now I want to make them hoppers.

Do I do that at pickup time since all I have so far is a voucher? Do I walk into one park and then back out to upgrade the pass? How do I handle this?

thanks in advance...

---Paul in Southern NJ

You can walk in and go to guest services in the park to upgrade. :goodvibes

Question: in this scenerio, could he pick up his tickets and upgrade to an AP BEFORE walking through a turnstile and thus NOT bridging the tickets to current value? In that inastance, wouldn't the original purchase price be below the price of an AP ? I would imagine that the rebate percentage doesn't factor into the face value of the ticket when he picks it up...

That sounds like an idea..I wonder if that would work?? I've never seen these orbitz vouchers. Do they have a bar code or something they scan at GS to then give you the tickets?

I don't know if this helps, but just this week I went to GS at International Gateway to renew my AP. I did not enter the park. I went to GS outside the park with a 2 day ticket (I had bought as part of a package) to apply to my renewal. They did not "bridge" the ticket-in fact I was rather surprised with the "value" I got for the ticket.

Without the bridge price would you be below the cost of an AP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter