EB Repositioning 4/10/2010 Taking the MAGIC out to sea again in April!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 35... currently planning cruises 3 & 4. We'd probably have twice as many sailings by now if our family wasn't double the size of most! ;) I love my large family, but I will admit I'm often envious of those of you that can get away with booking a single stateroom!
My family isn't too large but we decided to pay for our son and daughter's tuition off for the next few years so there went our money to cruise every year. (But I guess they're worth it) Hee hee hee. I am 34 and my DH will be 36 in a few days.

Well.....my 2010 Baltic cruises is officialy cancelled.

Whatever shall I do in the spring of 2010 now? :scratchin

Good news here- Salvatore Daniel has been evicted from my womb and is a sweet and adorable baby boy. He was born on 12-27-08 and was 7 lbs 6 oz. He's gaining weight well and is already 7 lbs 15 oz as of this morning's check-up. I can't wait to take both kids to WDW in April, and on this cruise next year!

Congratulations Ginamarie. Glad everything is going well for you and welcome to Savatore Daniel :goodvibes

Kathe

Kathe, I was just discussing this with my carpool pal on the way home tonight. Doing both EB & WB would take up nearly all of my vacation days, but I sure would get a lot of bang for my vacation dollar! She mentioned that I could always just use sick days when I needed a random day off!

Think I'd need 2 wks 2 days for the EB: arriving in FL the day before, and flying home from Barcelona the day after (as all flights are early in the morning and we won't dock in time to make them) and 2 wks 1 day for the WB: arriving in Spain the day before, but flying home from FL the same day we arrive. That would leave 4 unused vacation days...which I'd have to spend at home anyway as there would be no money left! :lmao:

Assorted family members think I'm crazy for considering it. :sad2:

Kathe, I was just discussing this with my carpool pal on the way home tonight. Doing both EB & WB would take up nearly all of my vacation days, but I sure would get a lot of bang for my vacation dollar! She mentioned that I could always just use sick days when I needed a random day off!

Think I'd need 2 wks 2 days for the EB: arriving in FL the day before, and flying home from Barcelona the day after (as all flights are early in the morning and we won't dock in time to make them) and 2 wks 1 day for the WB: arriving in Spain the day before, but flying home from FL the same day we arrive. That would leave 4 unused vacation days...which I'd have to spend at home anyway as there would be no money left! :lmao:

jackie as far as air fare you could book ur BCN-phx/Phx-Bcn and always go thru dublin it save much $$$.. we think ur crazy also but for thinking you couldn't do it LOL

karl

Darn it you're younger and have more money!!! (JOKING)! We have only cruised one other time and it was with DCL. We would like to cruise every year so I plan on booking again once on this cruise!! The cruise seemed the most economical vacation as well!! I can't wait to get on board for 14 days!!

Really, you can't beat the value on the repo cruises. We did the WB repo this past May, and it was a great deal for 15 nights of living in luxury! As soon as we got off the ship we were already talking about booking another trip for 2010 (the 2009 itineraries weren't that tempting to us and we needed to save up $$ for our next trip either way). Actually, two of our last three cruises have been repo trips (both through the Panama Canal, once on DCL and once on NCL). The NCL repo was ridiculously cheap and turned us onto the whole repo cruising idea.

Come on Jackie-- you know you want to join us!!!

Glorious days around here lately. I'm home with the two kids today and just loving it (not even minding the laundry that I need to do daily at this point).

Congrats to Ginamarie. I love the way you phrased your announcement "evicted from my womb" :lmao:

my age? I am proud to say I am 41 (42 this year - July).

.. we think ur crazy also but for thinking you couldn't do it LOL

karl

:lmao: :lmao: Well, maybe I'll wait till I'm on the Magic in September and book this one with a 10% discount and an OBC. If prices go up much in the meantime, I can just downgrade my catagory of cabin...although I'd probably be booking an 11 anyway. Perhaps I'll have to campaign for a cabin mate for this one, though I don't know who could put up with my snoring for two weeks. :lmao:

Good news here- Salvatore Daniel has been evicted from my womb and is a sweet and adorable baby boy. He was born on 12-27-08 and was 7 lbs 6 oz. He's gaining weight well and is already 7 lbs 15 oz as of this morning's check-up. I can't wait to take both kids to WDW in April, and on this cruise next year!

Congrats! Enjoy him while hes this little...Soon he will be talking back to you...It seems like just yesterday mine were that small!

If it's not rude, how old is everyone? Seems like everyone here has been on so many cruises and I feel so inexperienced!! LOL Either everyone is older than me or I just don't make the same amount of money as the rest of you!! LOL

Not rude at all...We are 31(myself), 34(DBF), 3 DD's ages 12, 10, and 5. We have cruised 6 times with Disney....We are booked for #7 this April, and #8 April 2010...Those are both without our daughters...We have fallen in love with cruising!

Not rude at all...We are 31(myself), 34(DBF), 3 DD's ages 12, 10, and 5. We have cruised 6 times with Disney....We are booked for #7 this April, and #8 April 2010...Those are both without our daughters...We have fallen in love with cruising!

How do you get away with cruising without the kids?? We would like to cruise (or vacation) without them sometimes but I always feel guilty and decide to take them along!! (I'm such a sucker)!! LOL

How do you get away with cruising without the kids?? We would like to cruise (or vacation) without them sometimes but I always feel guilty and decide to take them along!! (I'm such a sucker)!! LOL

They have school, and we have taken them out for a week in Sept 08...So we decided that school was more important...Yes we will feel guilty, but we have a 15 night vacation planned at animal kingdom for the 4th of July with them. My mom is going to take care of them for us, this wll be the longest that we have ever been with out them, before we have done either or 4 night cruises without them, but they have gone on the 3 or 4 night cruise right before or after those with us, this week in April will tell us...We will see...

If it's not rude, how old is everyone? Seems like everyone here has been on so many cruises and I feel so inexperienced!! LOL Either everyone is older than me or I just don't make the same amount of money as the rest of you!! LOL

Hello! I am 38 and hubby is 37 - we have only been cruising for over 2 years and this will be our 4th cruise. We took our first cruise in April of 2006, then Dec of 2007 and then May Repo in 2008. We sacrafice other things in order to go on the cruises - we always book a cat. 10 and that is the best we are willing to give up so we can have money to spend on other parts of the cruise - but if we wanted a different room we would give up the other things and so on - so for us it is like other things in life - we give up some things to do other things and we give up certain things to cruise. Now I gave up cruising in 2009 to have a swimming pool and sometimes I have to go look out the window and look at the pool to remind myself I choose the pool this year over cruising :)

Krisann

Hey all!
My family and my best friends family just booked today. We will be a party of 8 adults. I'm sooo excited! Right now we have two sets of adjoining rooms right across from each other. I think my friend will ask for us to be moved a bit closer to the adults only area of the ship. Disney is always so accomodating. The countdown starts!!! Do any of you fine Disney veterans know the price for the Rainforest Room? It sounds fantastic. Also, do we have to pay for the gym?
Cheers!

Hello! I am 38 and hubby is 37 - we have only been cruising for over 2 years and this will be our 4th cruise. We took our first cruise in April of 2006, then Dec of 2007 and then May Repo in 2008. We sacrafice other things in order to go on the cruises - we always book a cat. 10 and that is the best we are willing to give up so we can have money to spend on other parts of the cruise - but if we wanted a different room we would give up the other things and so on - so for us it is like other things in life - we give up some things to do other things and we give up certain things to cruise. Now I gave up cruising in 2009 to have a swimming pool and sometimes I have to go look out the window and look at the pool to remind myself I choose the pool this year over cruising :)

Krisann
Thanks for everyone's responses!! This cruise sounds wonderful and everyone on here has been so nice and supportive!! Most of my friends think it's not worth the money to cruise and it's hard convincing them how economical it can be with a family. My goal is to cruise at least once a year, with or without the children (Thanks to Tinkerbelle) LOL!! Hopefully we can all get together and meet once on board!! I can't wait!!

Hi again everyone. Sorry I've been absent, but I think the rollercoaster is slowing down a bit so hopefully I'll be around a little more often. :surfweb:

Hey all!
Do any of you fine Disney veterans know the price for the Rainforest Room? It sounds fantastic. Also, do we have to pay for the gym?
Cheers!

Hi amydy, I know it's $15 a day and I think $75 per week (right?) so I would assume you could pay around $150 and get it for the whole cruise......but don't quote me on that. I know $15 for sure, and usually cheaper if you book for multiple days. The gym is free, and has a fantastic view.

Hi again everyone. Sorry I've been absent, but I think the rollercoaster is slowing down a bit so hopefully I'll be around a little more often. :surfweb:

Hi amydy, I know it's $15 a day and I think $75 per week (right?) so I would assume you could pay around $150 and get it for the whole cruise......but don't quote me on that. I know $15 for sure, and usually cheaper if you book for multiple days. The gym is free, and has a fantastic view.
Do these fees allow you unlimited access throughout the day or are you assigned a specific time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter