Eating in Epcot

michelle06

DIS Veteran
We are trying to making a touring strategy for Epcot. We are thinking of 2 days and each day doing a CS in countries. We want to plan our touring around where we'd like to eat. I thought everywhere had kid friendly stuff, but is that just TS? I've looked up several menus and they seem to be short and specific to the country. If I want something my kid will eat, what are my options? Ideally, we'd like to tour the left half on one day and the right half on another day to minimize walking and allow us to do FW in the morning and then head over to WS for lunch. This isn't set in stone, just thought it would work out nice that way.

BTW, we've not eaten in Epcot before, and only spent one day touring in Epcot previously, so it's all still new.
Thanks!

The CS options are limited to the cuisine for that country. Mexico is pretty tasty and they have some kid friendly options.

I second the Mexico vote. My picky eaters both found stuff they liked there. Plus they loved the churros for dessert!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

You could always eat at sunshine seasons in FW before you head over to WS. It has lots of choices. Also I think America has burgers and chicken if your kids don't like ethnic.

I don't know about a CS meal for kids, but the fish and chips over the England area are awesome.

Not sure if you are doing the Dining Plan or not..here are some things that might be *kid friendly* - some on the kids CS menus - some on the regular menu.

In France at the bakery they can get Ham and Cheese sandwich.
Japan - Teriyaki Chicken with rice and vegetables.
Norway - PB&J or Ham and Apple sandwich.
Mexico - Cheese Empanada served with tortilla chips and fruit or Chicken Tenders served with tortilla chips and fruit.
Morocco - Hamburger or Chicken Tenders.
UK - Fish and Chips

Sunshine Season has a bunch of different kid friendly options.

HTH. :)

Why not just go to the American pavilion....they'll have something
your kids will like............not that big of a deal.......how can people
forget that one:confused3

It sounds like you're planning FW in the morning, have lunch next, then start touring the WS countries. There are CS in many of the countries so I would suggest looking at the menus on allears and deciding where you want to eat.

If the country is on the near side (e.g. Mexico, Norway, UK) you can walk there and start your tour of WS on that side. If the country you choose is on the far side of the lagoon (e.g American Pavilion, Germany, Morocco, France, etc) take the appropriate Friendship boat to either Germany or Morocco to save on walking, have lunch and start touring from there.

It is also fun to try something from several countries - basically eat your way through the Showcase. In which case, not only are there CS places to try, there are also kiosks and stores like Karamel Kuche in Germany, Kaki Gori (shaved ice) in Japan, crepes in France, churros in Mexico. :)

Not sure if you are doing the Dining Plan or not..here are some things that might be *kid friendly* - some on the kids CS menus - some on the regular menu.

In France at the bakery they can get Ham and Cheese sandwich.
Japan - Teriyaki Chicken with rice and vegetables.
Norway - PB&J or Ham and Apple sandwich.
Mexico - Cheese Empanada served with tortilla chips and fruit or Chicken Tenders served with tortilla chips and fruit.
Morocco - Hamburger or Chicken Tenders.
UK - Fish and Chips

Sunshine Season has a bunch of different kid friendly options.

HTH. :)

These are good kid friendly choices. Also check the menus in Germany and China.

Would depend on what your kid will eat. Are you looking for specific kids meals or just food that appeals to them? What are their normal meals like?

My kids love all sorts of foods- some that would appeal
France- ham and cheese quiche/crossant/sandwich
American Turkey Legs
Pretty much anything in italy- kiosk has Pasta e Fagioli, chiabatta sandwich with mozzerella and tomato or ham, salami and cheese...
Teryaki chicken in Japan with edamame
Anything in Mexico
Germany-franks or brats
Fsh and chips England

You should try Via Napoli in Italy. My family loved it! The pizza is phenomenal! There are plenty of other great Italian dishes on the menu too. It's a very casual sit down restaurant with great service...very kid friendly. My kids still talk about that restaurant.....

Thanks, everyone. I looked at several menus and did not see some of the items suggested. I will take another look. One pp was right about America. I guess I unnecessarily ruled that one out because my dh and I would like to eat somewhere different and would like to not have to walk to America to get her something different.

It does seem like there are a lot of options though, so it doesn't seem as difficult as I thought it would be.

If you eat at the Biergarten during lunch/dinner hours they have live polka music and do a show where kids can come up and participate. Plus it is a buffet so picky eaters can hit up what they like.

In Japan they have a hibachi grill which, depending on where you are from, may be a novelty or not. That is also essentially a little show by the chef as they cook your food in front of you (just be wary if any of your kids are terrified of fire).

Inside Mexico is spectacular with the volcano as a backdrop.

I don't know about a CS meal for kids, but the fish and chips over the England area are awesome.

I recently split this with my DS8 who really isn't a fish lover and even he liked it (or at least ate it with no complaints.) It was pretty good -- 2 large pieces of fish and steak fries for about $8. He also liked the sugar cookie that they sell for dessert. There's a great patio area overlooking the lake too (to the left of the pub.)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/18/epcots-yorkshire-county-fish-shop/

I also brought DS to the Nine Dragons in China for a light snack -- he had the low mein with meatballs and I had the vegetable spring roll off the children's menu (I had to order off the children's menu because the adult menu had shrimp.) Both were good even if I normally don't think of meatballs when eating Chinese food.

http://allears.net/menu/men_9dk.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter