Eating .. GASP .. Offsite - Non-Chain Restraunts?

CharlieGrl

Earning My Ears
Did a search but only saw suggestions for big time chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Chilis, Ruby Tuesdays, etc). Hate going to big chain restaurants. I vacation to escape everyday life so Why go to a place I can go to any ole time? Any suggestions?

Honestly??? What we do everytime we travel is ask the front desk people. We let them go through the chains that they have to plug and then we ask them "okay so now where do the "real" people eat, not the tourists". Have never been disappointed. It may look like a hole in the wall when you pull up, but the locals know where to go.

I really like Bahama Breeze located on Rte. 525 (I think??) Man, now I'm confused... Anyways, you can google for directions.

If I stay offsite again, I wouldn't hesitate to dine there again. Yummy! And very cool atmosphere.

We like Celebration Town Tavern, Agave Azul, and Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. We also like most of the restaurants at City Walk and House of Blues.

Most of these places have websites with menus.

check out opentable.com. There is a huge list of restaurants all over orlando and there are ratings too. It was how we found our anniversary dinner place because we wanted something more romantic than the Disney restaurants and much cheaper than V&A . . . the only adult-only place at Disney :-(

We actually eat at Sizzlers our first night there. We used to have it near us, but they closed it, so now we make sure to eat there at least once during our trip! Their food is fantastic!!

Charley's steakhouse is a bit pricey, but it pretty consistently makes at least a couple of lists a year as being one of the top 10 steakhouses in the U.S. They have a really extensive wine list too, if you like that sort of thing. It's on International Drive (I think there are actually a couple of them around town, but that is the one that is close to WDW). DH and I both agree we have had probably close to, if not, the best steaks we haver ever had at Charleys. They have a website if you want to check them out.

We love Cafe TuTu Tango it is a small chain but really good & fun. check out their web site.

Kae

Seasons 52 (small chain), Two Jays, Roys, etc. up near Dr. Phillips (Sand Lake Road.) D'Antonios, Columbia, Plantation Room, Imperium Wine Room, Thai Thani, etc. in Celebration. Everglades in the Rosen hotel. Tchop, Tchop in the Royal Pacific and The Palm at The Hard Rock Hotel (Universal.) Lots to eat and do in Winter Park (about 20 minutes up I-4 with no traffic.) The Gaylard Palms has some nice restaurants. Arshwand-sp? (Indian) in the Crossroads.

I really like Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze is a chain. The OP is looking for non-chain suggestions.

The best restaurant we've been to outside of WDW is the Ravenous Pig in Winter Park. It's about a 25-30 minute drive up I-4, and very worth the drive. Very interesting, creative menu (which changes frequently depending on what is fresh), chef owned/operated, good beer and wine list, casual atmosphere. They do not have a kids' menu, but kids are welcome.

Seasons 52 (small chain), Two Jays, Roys, etc. up near Dr. Phillips (Sand Lake Road.) D'Antonios, Columbia, Plantation Room, Imperium Wine Room, Thai Thani, etc. in Celebration. Everglades in the Rosen hotel. Tchop, Tchop in the Royal Pacific and The Palm at The Hard Rock Hotel (Universal.) Lots to eat and do in Winter Park (about 20 minutes up I-4 with no traffic.) The Gaylard Palms has some nice restaurants. Arshwand-sp? (Indian) in the Crossroads.

Oh I've been to the Seasons 52 in Palm Beach and love it!

Another way to get some good ideas is to ask your servers at Disney. They tend to know the good, out of the way places to eat.

Although I live here, I really don't eat out much, apart from my Disney trips, so I'm afraid I'm not much help. I add that potential eating out money to my vacation funds!

Another recommendation for the Town Tavern in Celebration. The have very good fresh seafood and a very relaxing atmosphere. A walk around the Town of Celebration is also interesting.

The owners have one other restaurant on the south shore of Ma.

Have a great trip.:cool1:

Golden corral - cheap and good and I think there's like 5 of them in Orlando

ooops never mind you're from NC and I think you'd consider Golden Corral a chain restraunt - I'm from up north and every time we head south we can't wait to go to Golden Corral - we have none up here!

We really liked Miller's Ale House. It's right off-property, you get huge (shareable) portions, and it's not too expensive. We heard about it from locals.

Edited to add:

This is the seafood platter for $12.99:

P1040943.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter