EATING at Universal Orlando & Seaworld with Multiple Food Allergies?

PixieintheCity

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

My son with ASD has multiple food allergies (gluten, casein (milk), and egg). WDW does such a great job with this, and he always eats like a king when we go (sit down and counter service spots!). On our last trip to WDW, though, we visited Islands of Adventure one of the days and I just brought his food with me into the park because I had not inquired with them before the trip and I didn't want to chance it.

However, on our next trip later this year, we'll be in Orlando for two weeks, so I can def see us wanting to go to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and/or SeaWorld for a change of pace. However, it would be nice if my son could sit down to a warm meal at these places rather than brown bagging it all the time. I intend to call those parks and inquire, but I am always interested in first hand accounts from folks who have lived through it.

So, wondering - anyone with food allergies/intolerances successfully have meals prepared for them at Universal Orlando and/or Seaworld? My bet is that the sit down spots were accomodating, but what about the counter service spots? Any tips, ideas, accounts would be appreciated! THANKS.

Hi and :welcome: to disABILITIES!

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information. Posts 9 and 10 deal with Universal and Sea World; you might want to check those out.

Or, if you want an easier route, click on the link in my signature.

Also, I am moving this over to the disABILITIES Communtiy Board as we try to keep the main disABILITIES for WDW.

Sea World in San Diego was very helpful and I was able to have dinner with only one problem one time. I ate something that had wheat soy sauce added. My fault. Call Sea World in Orlando and find their restaurants people as they will explain what is available. Avoid soy sauce as some of their restaurants may use the brand that has gluten. Barbecue sauce usually contains soy thus not safe all the time.

Outback has a gluten free menu but the thunder down under brownie has egg. I have not had a problem with that restaurant except when it was my fault.

As for universal studios florida I found the following link.
http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=32630&st=0&p=289208&#entry289208
We went to Universal in February. The park itself was very helpful and sent me a list of what I could eat and where. My highest recommendation is for Margaritaville in City Walk.

We are dealing with newly discovered milk/egg/MSG combo of allergies. My son really wants to do Universal this year so I'm hoping that we'll have a few options there. I nearly cried when I read how helpful the folks at WDW can be. The shock of this development is wearing off (I'm drowing in label-reading). But I'm also realizing that "everything" seems to have at least one of our 3 problem ingredients. Is there any hope for safe food at Universal or Sea World?:confused3

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/all/index.php#mi
They are in Minneapolis and St. Paul.

I am no egg and dairy but cheat on that and I can tell you there are a ton of egg/dairy/MSG free things out there. Mom is no MSG. Check the Celiac and Autism groups for food that are dairy/egg free. There are lists somewhere on this site and the internet. Also watch for foods listed at vegan sites and vegetarian sites. The vegans avoid anything with animal like honey, leather, eggs, and milk.

http://nomilk.com/
Try that site which lists casein free sites.

Disney spoils guests but the other places you should be alright. You will have to contact them ahead of time and then reiterate the allergens. I got sick at Sea World San Diego because one restaurant used soy sauce with wheat and the other restaurant did not use soy sauce in its barbecue. I was fine in one restaurant and in the trash can after the next. Normally I have done ok with Sea World in San Diego but learned to double check with the restaurants.

Trying to find more updated info ( or any info) on eating at US with multiple food allergies. Please post any experiences or info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter