Eat my Way Around Epcot

Bethpremier

Kidanites Unite!
Ok, so this has been a tradition for how our family circles Epcot. We also try a little something from each country. Can you guys give me some suggestions for what to get from each place? I wasted money last time on some things that werent that good.

In France, I would take the time to go into the Boulangerie Patisserie rather than eating the crepes at the cart outside. Although they can satisfy a sweet tooth, the pastries inside are so much nicer and the choices are much better. Worth the wait:thumbsup2

I am very interested in this, too. I am hoping to find things other than sweets (we will be eating plenty of those!) and we are not against using CS credits to try things.

One place we are planning to hit for sure is the bakery mentioned by the PP. You can get a ham & cheese croissant for a snack credit - can't wait!!!

Fish & Chips in Great Britain are good. We always get a bakery item at Boulangerie Patisserie. Nachos are good in Mexico, but I like any Nachos. And we like lots of items from the menu at Yakitori House.

The biggest problem we face is being full before we complete the circuit! Some of the smaller items that were tasty included churros or bunuelos at Mexico, egg rolls or red bean ice cream at China, apple strudel or soft pretzel at Germany, pastries at France, funnel cake at US, and while not as small, the fish and chips in England. We still miss the beaver tails in Canada. Were not real impressed by the gelato in Italy. We may also have tried pastries there at a cart which were not as good as I am used to either. We have tried several items at Norway bakery but have yet to hit one we love, despite some of them having been raved about on these boards. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

My kids always insist on schoolbread at the bakery in Norway. They also like to get pretzels in Germany. Kaki Gori in Japan has become a new favorite. HTH,
Melanie

Dh and I split everything so we can eat more
Canada....popcorn or beer (never had anything else)
UK-fish and chips (split)
france-pastries, ham and cheese croissant or cheese plate
morocco- schwarma platter with baklava
japan kaki gori
germany pretzel and beer or apple strudel
norway cinnamon roll
mexico....churros

Dh and I split everything so we can eat more
Canada....popcorn or beer (never had anything else)
UK-fish and chips (split)
france-pastries, ham and cheese croissant or cheese plate
morocco- schwarma platter with baklava
japan kaki gori
germany pretzel and beer or apple strudel
norway cinnamon roll
mexico....churros

This list looks really good. We will be splitting everything between 4 people. We should be ok if its all "small" items. I got the turkey leg from US last time and it was gross. What should I get there?

DH and I wanted to do this on our honeymoon but feared costs and being too full, so in each country, we shared:

1 kiddie meal (entree/side/ soda)
1 alcoholic beverage

It went really well! The kiddie meals are usually the most popular thing in that country, so that worked out well. In some places (like China) we just got something small-- an eggroll to split, etc.

Wonderful thread!

I'm going to be doing the same with my niece on her birthday at Epcot. We are planning to "Snack Around the World". LOL!! :lmao:

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions.

Yeah even though we have only been to Disney a few times, we decided this on our first trip so we could take as much away from Epcot as possible. Its so much fun to do. I just go stuck in Morroco with bad food. I think the chicken stuff was blue or yellow or something. It tasted so bad!

Have to give a shout out for the waffle in Norway. Made fresh in front of you so it was warm with strawberry jam and powdered sugar. Fresh tasting and not super sweet.

I definitely agree about the pastries in Italy - not great if you're used to the good stuff. The chocolate and pistachio gelati, however, we found to be outstanding.

Kaki gori in Japan is better than any sno-cone I've ever tasted. We also enjoy the funnel cakes in US, pastries in France, soft pretzel in Germany, schwarma platter in Morocco...never all in one day, though!

:sunny:

me and hubby did this last year, and it was fun to see how much we could actually eat!

Japan- Kaki Gori/went back 3 times..lol!!!
Mexico- nachoes and magarita
France- frozen orange marnier
Italy/france area- glass of wine, and small candy
China- inside the store they have the best candies, and try the rammune soda!! and sake!!
also try to be first in line for the candy lady.
usa- funnel cake
canada- fries.lol
Norway- lufsa and school bread, and viking coffee
Germany- gotta have a pretzel...

The other places we didn't find too appealing , so we just got a candy of some sort from that country.
Have fun..
We also ate dinner in Germany so that filled us..it was a buffet..so we didn't have too much room left in our tummies..lol!!
We got to the showcase at 11-9pm..so it was a long day!!popcorn::

Have to give a shout out for the waffle in Norway. Made fresh in front of you so it was warm with strawberry jam and powdered sugar. Fresh tasting and not super sweet.

Now you are speaking my language. Waffles is one of my food groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter