Eat, drink, and we are married! Our Disneymoon with the Mouse!

Alrighty, on we go!

Here's Daniel's recap of day 2:

Wow.

Monica and I just got in from quite possibly the most terrifying ride featured on Disney property: traveling to our hotel while standing on a Disney bus. Aside from the journey home, today was a great day. On the docket for September 2nd was Epcot. It was simply amazing. We arrived at Epcot and took full advantage of the morning’s Extra Magic Hours, meaning we were able enter the park an hour before it became open to the general public. Just another perk of staying in one of the Disney resorts. Bwahahahaha!

First up in Epcot was a ride called Test Track. My newfound courage held true today, and I was able to really have a blast on the attraction. Test Track essentially put us in the roles of crash test dummies, without too much crash thankfully, and then sling-shot us through a twisty track. It was great! We hoped to go again, and snagged up some fast passes, but there was too much to do today, and we weren’t able to utilize them. I’m sure we’ll make time to go back to Epcot so that we can give Test Track another go.

A short way across from Test Track was Mission Space. I had no idea of what this attraction was prior to riding, but I’m a sucker for stuff about space and what not, so I was thrilled to give it a try, whatever it may be. It turned out to be a demented box from hell, but in a truly good way. Mission Space was a simulated mission to Mars, and subjected the riders to the affects of space travel, such as escape velocity, navigating an asteroid belt, and entering an alien atmosphere. Mission Space had two options for the level of intensity of the simulation. We went on both and they were incredible!

Following our journey to Mars, Monica and I wandered over to our next destination: Soarin’. Sourin’ was another simulator, this time taking us up into a gliding ride throughout the state of California. I found this one to be pretty intense, personally, but it was quite a rush going through the different landscapes of the Golden State while appreciating the fact that we’d yet to have breakfast. The remainder of our time at Epcot was spent going on boring “tour” rides at the World Showcase portion of the park. Well, the Viking tour for Norway was cool, but the rest were all pass on it material.

The highlight of our day at Epcot was our lunch at Tutto Italia. Tutto Italia was simply delicious! It certainly blew our meal from the Sci-Fi out of the water. Monica and I were served and entertained by a staff almost completely comprised of real Italian folks who happily shared their enthusiasm for their culture and its cuisine. Monica ordered the lasagna, which was probably the best that either of us has ever had. I don’t believe I’ve ever had real lasagna such as that one, which featured a béchamel sauce within its layers as opposed to a combination of cottage and ricotta cheeses. It was wonderful, and the portion was huge. Monica ate less than half of it! I helped as much as I could, but I had my own dish that had me salivating. My meal was comprised of angel hair pasta tossed with olive oil, halved cherry tomatoes and herbs, and topped with jumbo lump crab meat. Quite possibly the best pasta I have ever eaten and I assure you that I took no prisoners in regards to my dish. We finished our meal with a gelato over fresh berries for Monica and a Sweet Ricotta Cake for me.

Disney%20079.JPG

Disney%20159.JPG

Disney%20163.JPG

We get up super early to get on the bus to Epcot for AM EMH. I thought the previous PM EMH at DHS were a total waste of time, so I was hoping and praying that the AM ones would be worth my grumpiness.

They were!! :worship:

We got into the park, and I immediately stalked the men in the khaki vests and got a few Photopass pics. Then we decided to head left to try and knock out Test Track and Mission Space. I was pretty familiar with the general premise of each ride, but I was still pleasantly surprised by how much fun they both were!

We got on Test Track first, and we walked straight onto the ride- no wait whatsoever! YAY!! I loved it, but I will admit that during that one particular part where you are about to slam into a wall I got a bit nervous. Surely, we wouldn't really hit the wall...but I still got nervous! Once those doors opened and we were going really fast through the track I was so incredibly happy. It's moments like these when you truly feel alive...I can't explain it.

Then we looked at our funny picture, and walked over to Mission Space. We chose to start off with the green version, and I will admit- I hate the pre-ride videos. I know it makes it seem like you're really into the whole ride, and I know they're meant to kill time, but I don't like them. Once you've seen it once, you've seen it. Again, I have adult ADD (self-diagnosed thank you!).

I end up being commander, but the 2 people ahead of me end up going into the wrong spaceship so I end up pilot or something. I think the guy didn't like that he wasn't commander and decided to screw it up for me. ;)

I thought the ride was fun, but I kept thinking to myself that orange must be way better...so we get on orange.

And I almost turned orange. It was intense! I didn't like the "I'm having botox and I can't breathe" type of feeling I got in my face and chest. Not so much that I was scared, but I just didn't like the feeling. Daniel, the one afraid of all rides, loved the orange version. Go figure.

By this time I am hungry, but I also realize that it is only 8:30 and we did 2 of the most popular rides! AM EMH rock!!

We head over to look for Sunshine Seasons (review in my DDP reviews), and can't find it and look for Soarin' and then we find Sunshine Seasons. 2 for 1! We get on Soarin' and I can see why I always read the following comment:

"Soarin' is the only ride I hear applause in when it is over."

I thought to myself, "It can't be that good."

IT IS!!

We were lucky enough to be seated in the front row, and while I was a bit nervous, I was exhilarated by the sights, sounds, and SMELLS! They even incorporate smells. Best ride at WDW hands down. I love the golf ball coming at you, and the fireworks...amazing!

Later during the week we were on the monorail chatting with a lady who was talking about how awesome it would be if Epcot had a foreign Soarin' featuring the countries in World Showcase- that would be amazing!! Breathtaking even... wow. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

Anyway, Daniel thought Soarin' was really intense, and it is, but I think it is one of the most beautiful sights anyone could hope to see at an amusement park ride. Bravo!!

After this we go on Living With The Land, and at first I am thinking it is really lame, but when we enter the green house I am instantly fascinated:

Disney%20094.JPG

Us on the boat

Disney%20097.JPG

Disney%20101.JPG

Disney%20104.JPG

Disney%20111.JPG

Adorable!

To be continued in the next post...

So, by the time we ride on Soarin' (30 minute wait or so...we didn't mind), and eating at Sunshine Seasons, it is about 10:30 or so.

All my life I have heard and dreamt about going to World Showcase. It seems beautiful, and it's a unique experience. When else can you walk around the world?! So, we head out that way.

Canada is beautiful! I will admit to not knowing much about Canada, but we ended up seeing O Canada later on in the week, and it is now on our must-visit list.

Disney%20122.JPG

Disney%20124.JPG

Disney%20125.JPG

The UK was lovely as well:

Disney%20130.JPG

Disney%20133.JPG

Disney%20135.JPG

Then we walked past France, Morocco, Japan, Germany, Italy, etc. All very lovely! The CMs in the Morocco shop weren't very friendly, but I can't blame them as it was 150 degrees in there. Overall, I felt truly on vacation while walking through the World Showcase. It was so serene and beautiful. My other comment is that it didn't look dated- to me it looked fresh and new.

Here are some of my fave pics:

Disney%20137.JPG

Disney%20139.JPG

Disney%20141.JPG

Disney%20152.JPG

Disney%20164.JPG

Disney%20171.JPG

We eat lunch at Tutto (review in DDP reviews), and I make it a point to return to World Showcase in the evening sometime during our vacation to get pics of it at night and to watch Illuminations.

We walk off our lunch by finishing off our loop by visiting Norway, China, and Mexico. In Norway they have a fun boat ride and in Mexico they have a boring boat ride, but it's nice to ride through the restaurant. The boat rides are a nice way to relax, but does anyone notice the funky smell in all the boat rides?

Coming up in the afternoon, the moment we have all been waiting for:

THE MOUSE!!!

As I mentioned in my previous post, we make our way around the World Showcase, and we decide to go to Journey Into The Imagination or something like that...the one with Figment.

It's cute and memorable. Why is it memorable? Daniel forgets our bag of souvenirs on the ride!

We get off the "ride" and we're looking around the Kodak stuff and making a postcard, when he realizes he doesn't have the bag. We go into a panic, but luckily a very nice and good person turned the bag in at the ride, so we get it back. By this time I am grouchy. I was really upset by losing our bag of souvenirs because it had about $30.00 worth of stuff. I thank God that there are nice people who will turn stuff in instead of keeping it. I return the favor later on in Epcot when I find a keychain from a gift shop on a bench before a show.

Then we stroll around Innoventions, when we see a really long line for something...I peek inside... *gasp* it's the Mouse!!!

We get in line, and it is a LONG line. I almost give up because it is so long. With all the autographs and cameras and poses people/families do, I was picturing a super long wait. Well, it didn't end up being super long, but it was long enough...

However, once I saw the Mouse, it was worth the wait!!

Disney%20173.JPG

Disney%20174.JPG

23 years in the making...the MOUSE!!

Disney%20177.JPG

Disney%20179.JPG

The one I am linking arms with proposed to me, so here's our engagement picture...I said yes!! What a furry fiance I have, he's a cutie. :love:

You know how they say that a woman forgets all the pain of labor once she has her child? That's the way I would describe the wait to meet Mickey. Seemed like an awfully long wait at the time, but after you see him for the first time, the memories of how long you waited fade away and you just remember the sheer JOY you felt when meeting him. The characters were all very nice, and I will cherish those memories forever. Minnie was a doll, Goofy was cool, Pluto was ADORABLE, and Chip and Dale are simply hilarious. My fiance is so cute though, huh? I end up getting ANOTHER fiance during the trip, but you'll have to stay tuned for that. :goodvibes

I am on :cloud9: after seeing the whole gang, so we skip on over to the Universe of Energy. I love Ellen, she is a funny woman, but this attraction was such a waste of 45 minutes. The whole production is very outdated, and I read somewhere inside Innoventions that it was made in 1996. Let's update the info Disney!! Anyway, I use this attraction as an opportunity to rest my aching feet.

I'm getting really tired by this point because we've been at Epcot since 8 am (it's now about 4 pm), so we decide to go on Spaceship Earth and then head to the resort.

I didn't know what to expect during Spaceship Earth, but I really liked this attraction because it was interactive. Very neat!!

iPhone%20Disney%20044.jpg

Then I realize we didn't do the Nemo ride. Again, I didn't know what to expect with this ride, but it was a cute ride, kind of boring though. I love thrill rides, but I can also appreciate a cute ride. This ride was cute until we were stuck ride at the end of it where that "In the big, blue world..." song is playing. We were stuck there for about 5 minutes. We heard that song who knows how many times. I STILL have it stuck in my head. More about "the big, blue world" song in the Day 6 post...!

Disney%20185.JPG

The last thing we do at Epcot is go to Club Cool. This place was AWESOME! Yay for a place to get free soda. No snack credits needed! My fave was the one from China, the worse was Beverly. I knew it was going to taste awful, but did that stop me from trying it? No. A word of caution: It's as bad as they say. The Fanta is yummy, but it is readily available in most stores in Texas, so no biggie.

Here are some pics:

Disney%20186.JPG

Disney%20188.JPG

Disney%20191.JPG

Disney%20193.JPG

Daniel's reaction to Beverly

The whole bus ride back to ASMu I am babbling about meeting the Mouse, and I am sure Daniel wishes I had a mute button, but I don't, so he's stuck listening to me. We're hungry, and we decide to head to DTD after freshening up...

I am on :cloud9: after seeing the whole gang, so we skip on over to the Universe of Energy. I love Ellen, she is a funny woman, but this attraction was such a waste of 45 minutes. The whole production is very outdated, and I read somewhere inside Innoventions that it was made in 1996. Let's update the info Disney!! Anyway, I use this attraction as an opportunity to rest my aching feet.

I'm getting really tired by this point because we've been at Epcot since 8 am (it's now about 4 pm), so we decide to go on Spaceship Earth and then head to the resort.

I didn't know what to expect during Spaceship Earth, but I really liked this attraction because it was interactive. Very neat!!

iPhone%20Disney%20044.jpg

Then I realize we didn't do the Nemo ride. Again, I didn't know what to expect with this ride, but it was a cute ride, kind of boring though. I love thrill rides, but I can also appreciate a cute ride. This ride was cute until we were stuck ride at the end of it where that "In the big, blue world..." song is playing. We were stuck there for about 5 minutes. We heard that song who knows how many times. I STILL have it stuck in my head. More about "the big, blue world" song in the Day 6 post...!

Disney%20185.JPG

The last thing we do at Epcot is go to Club Cool. This place was AWESOME! Yay for a place to get free soda. No snack credits needed! My fave was the one from China, the worse was Beverly. I knew it was going to taste awful, but did that stop me from trying it? No. A word of caution: It's as bad as they say. The Fanta is yummy, but it is readily available in most stores in Texas, so no biggie.

Here are some pics:

Disney%20186.JPG

Disney%20188.JPG

Disney%20191.JPG

Disney%20193.JPG

Daniel's reaction to Beverly

The whole bus ride back to ASMu I am babbling about meeting the Mouse, and I am sure Daniel wishes I had a mute button, but I don't, so he's stuck listening to me. We're hungry, and we decide to head to DTD after freshening up...

:lmao: Loving your report & congratulations!!!

Thank you! Glad to know you're enjoying our trip report. It's helping us feel like we're still at Disney, even though we're not. :)

There's lots more to come.

Enjoying your food report, so I came over to sub to this.
I'll have to come back and read it all later. :thumbsup2

We get to our room at ASMu and we open the door to find this:

Disney%20211.JPG

Disney%20212.JPG

100_1844.JPG

And my question is this...how did Cinderella get into my room? ;)

But seriously, we're excited and I think it's a nice gesture by the CMs at ASMu. At first I thought it was Mousekeeping, but when I asked she said it was the front desk.

Yay for a magical moment! princess:

We change and freshen up, and wait FOREVER for a bus to DTD. When we finally do get on I'm smothered by girls in short dresses and too much perfume- great for Daniel, bad for my allergies.

The bus ride to DTD is also really long- it took about 45 minutes and it was around 7 pm. We then eat at Wolfgang Puck Express (review in siggy) and it is amazing! I highly recommend it!

100_1852.JPG

We're happy to be at Disney!

100_1856.JPG

100_1857.JPG

We decide to do some shopping, but I will be honest- I didn't enjoy it one bit. It was too crowded and I kept getting hit by strollers. We go to the World of Disney and then we decide to head back to the room to rest up for day 3: Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom!

A sneak peek of Day 3: We were guinea pigs for Disney!! If that doesn't get you interested, I don't know what will.

We're exhausted, but I get us up early to be at AK for park opening. We were a bit late, but we still got there pretty early!

We get our pictures taken by the Photopass people, and we're walking by guest relations staring at a map of AK when a man asks us if we'd help him out.

It's a Disney research guy in a white polo, so we say sure. :goodvibes

He has a nifty little device called a Fun Finder that they are testing, and they wondered if we would use the device all day and in return they would give us a free 5X7 Photopass voucher. COOL! Our first time ever at AK, and we get to have a personal little Fun Finder with us all day...lucky us!

Daniel (being the guy) decides to hoard it all day, but here's a basic overview of how it works.

DSC07308.JPG

Look at my toy!

DSC07324.JPG

I am so cool, and you're not.

DSC07338.JPG

I can find anything with my Fun Finder!

DSC07339.JPG

It's powered using GPS technology. The FF knew exactly where we were in AK at all times. If you needed to find a restroom, store, ride, attraction, exhibit, you just click on it and it finds your location and tells you how to get there both using a map and VOICE commands.

"turn left in about 20 feet, then turn right, etc"

It was loud in AK, so we had to hold the FF to our ear to be able to hear, but it came in handy for first-time visitors like us. You use a stylus to click on things. Also, after you visit a store, ride, show, restaurant, a little survey comes up asking you 3-4 questions about the service, the food, the ride, etc. The questions were quick and painless to answer. The battery life is good also- it lasted us from 9:15 am til we left at 5 pm.

Ken, the dude in the white polo, said they are testing them with 20 random people a day in AK only. They are working on the other parks, too. They hope to work out all the kinks and begin offering an option to rent the FF at the various parks by mid-to-late 2009. He didn't mention cost or anything like that, but he did say it'd be affordable.

Our verdict? It's nice for someone's first visit to the parks. We loved it because it got us to and from everything we needed that day, but after that we were pretty familiar with the park to not need the FF anymore. Same can be said for the other parks. We felt it would be more of a distraction than an aid after the first initial visit.

The bad: Hard to read in the sun, not loud enough to hear voice commands.

The good: Weather/water proof, light/portable, very reliable and accurate directions, easy to use.

My suggestion to Ken (and I told him this) was to offer this type of software/service to people who have iPhones or other type of GPS enabled devices. If I could do that sort of thing from my iPhone, I'd be so happy! I bet it would also help a lot of people that take their own car to be able to use something like this when getting around WDW in general, not just in the parks.

It was fun to be able to help out Disney, and we are eager to see what they do with the FF in 2009.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled trip report...:happytv:

I haven't forgotten about my trip report- work seems to be getting in the way of DISing!! :( No fair.

Anyone want to pay me to be on the boards so I can quit my job? ;)

Subscribing! Can't wait for more! popcorn::

I'm loving your trip report! :thumbsup2 Very fun and entertaining...you guys are a blast!

Congrats on your marriage too! My fiance and I are honeymooning in Disney next year.

First of all, congratulations on your marraige! I'm really enjoying your trip report and I'm going to start reading your dining review too. Looking forward to more of your TR. :)

Ok, I finally had time to read the whole report! :thumbsup2

Really enjoying it.

You'll really appreciate having this all written down someday...I hardly remember anything from our honeymoon trip 17 years ago.

I would like to go back for a dh & I only trip, but I think the kids would mutiny. LOL

Looking forward to the rest!

Hello wonderful readers and subscribers and anyone else who has browsed my trip report.

I did NOT forget about all you lovely people, but life is busy...I am off to San Antonio, TX to attend a baby shower, and on Sunday I plan on continuing where I left off.

Hope you all didn't give up on me- be back soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter