eat at Mimi's - worth the short walk out of park

lillady718

Earning My Ears
:flower:
We ate at Mimi's several times during our stay last week. Everything was always soooooooo good! Especially compared to some of the sit down restaurants in the parks....plus the prices are so much more reasonable.
The petite salads are fantastic- and only 6.99 plus come with a HUGE muffin/or lots of garlic bread, etc.
Shrimp Spaghettini is great
Chicken Tuscany mmmm

AND you HAVE TO HAVE one of the triple chocolate brownies ! OMG you can easily share it with 2-3 people. (It is 4.99)
The brownie is soooooo good- and comes with a couple scoops of the best vanilla ice cream. (They will put it all together- unless you tell them differently- we had ice cream in a bowl, and brownie separate from that)

Ooh sounds good. I am considering staying at the Hojo's. I saw pics of Mimi's and wondered if it was good. Thanks for the report.

Mimis Cafe is awesome! mimis cafe dot com. Kid friendly with more than PB&J and chicken strips as offerings. The wait can get very long around dinner time but you can make resservations (I'm pretty sure you can call at 5 for a 6pm resservation).

mmm... Mimi's is great, all of their deserts are spectacular and shareable. I particularly :love: the Bananas Foster Mud Pie and the New Orleans Bread Pudding.

:3dglasses

we have eaten there several times and will agree it is certainly worth the walk. Last year we stayed at the Hojo so it was very convenient. This year we are staying at the Clarion, but we are still planning on walking down there a couple of times for meals.

4 more sleeps :banana:

We love Mimis Cafe :) The breakfasts are wonderful! I LOVE their corn chowder too. Make sure to ask for a bread basket at lunch/dinner too :)

Where is Mimi's located? Sounds like it'd be a good place for us to grab lunch on our trip!

On Harbor Blvd

Walk out past the shuttle areas, keep going straight till you get to the stop light, cross the street, then turn to your left. It is maybe equivalent to 3 or 4 blocks?
*you'll walk past some hotels, a McDonald's , and right before it, is another restaurant that begins with an "M" (can't remember the name right now) , but make sure you stop at Mimi's - we loved it and were repeat customers.........

we love Mimi's!! And now there is one in Tulsa, Ok!!! it is about a 40 minute drive for us, but we still go!! :goodvibes

We have Mimi's here in Az, we love it! Great food and very inexpensive.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm. maybe I'll have "Sunday Supper" at Mimi's today! I have one about 15 mins from my house and LOVE it. hmmmmmmm. pot roast or meatloaf......can't decide.

And lillady, you are so right about the brownie ::yes::

We have a Mimi's here, but haven't tried it. Guess I will!

Good food, nice setting, huge portions, good service.

And a tip - no need to order breakfast for the kids - get two for the adults and there's enough sides and extras to feed a family!

Book for dinner though - even mid week in December we had to wait over half an hour for a table one night.

Warning though, entrees are expensive, for Pot Roast it is $15.00 (At least last time I went, this was at Dinner time though, so probably slightly higher than lunch). But I can get Pot Roast inside the park or at Rain Forest for less!

Must be the the California rate! LOL. My pot roast dinner tonight with beverage and tax was $14.14....I think the menu price was $10.99 And I brought home leftovers ::yes::

This thread made me go to Mimis for dinner.

I had:

(the salad comes with either muffin or soup or both for $1.49)
a petite cobb salad w/ blue cheese dressing on the side
a blueberry muffin (made from angel food cake = low fat)
a crock of french onion soup

fried zucinni.

I have most of the salad and zucinni and the muffin left. YUM!

My parents have been raving about Mimi's Cafe since they came back. They stayed at the Hojo's but I think they would have gone out of their way to eat there. My dad warned me about my diet (though I hope to be well past my goal by then) because the portions are huge. He said the basket of pastries at breakfast was even more than he could eat. He raved about the french toast made from cinnamon rolls. I feel like I'm gaining weight just typing about it!

cmwade77 said:
Warning though, entrees are expensive, for Pot Roast it is $15.00 (At least last time I went, this was at Dinner time though, so probably slightly higher than lunch). But I can get Pot Roast inside the park or at Rain Forest for less!

I actually think Mimis is very inexpensive! We went for breakfast this morning and had WAY more food they we could possibly eat and it was $15 for both DH and I. I don't think we've ever spent more then $30 for the two of us to eat dinner there, including drink and tax.

We have a Mimi's right around the corner from our house and DH and I love it there! We love the salads and muffins! We always buy extra muffins to bring home!

I think their prices are great for the amount of food you get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter