• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Well I am an idiot: change of plans as today (thursday) is my 21st anniversary. And since DH was out of town on his BDay last week he wants to go see Guardians of the Galaxy (oldest DD and I saw when he was gone) so tonite is gonna be popcorn and chocolate :rotfl2:
It is all good though-we are planning a celebration dinner at one of the many excellent Las Vegas restaurants:) 15th anniversary in LV had the best dinner in The Venetian...

so, after the fridge disaster last week, the things in my freezer are so jumbledy that I can't find anything (plus some of my freezer stuff is still at my SIL's house). My goal for this coming week is to go through and inventory all of my freezer stuff, and get it organized so I can USE it. Between having to completely empty my pantry because it was full of ants one week, and then having my fridge die and not getting it fixed reliably for 6 days the following week, it has been really hard not to just drive through every stinking night. We have eaten out some, but I have really tried to minimize it. I consider that a victory!

Tonight we had crockpot chicken tacos, refried beans, cheese nachos

Sun: pulled pork, baked beans, watermelon

Mon: scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits

Tues: taco soup, cheese quesadillas

Wed: chili dogs, mac & cheese

Thurs: smothered chicken, sautéed mushrooms, broccoli/rice & cheese

Fri: I'm craving pizza from this little bar/roadhouse/restaurant place out in the sticks. Might see if my dad wants to go with us.

Friday night I made all appetizers for dinner Friday! I think it ended up being more work than just making dinner, but it was fun!
Lunch today was Mac n cheese, from the blue box. Dinner was hash, made with leftover frozen brisket. It was awesome!

Lunch tomorrow will be chicken tacos. Dinner? Something light....going to a movie and I must have popcorn.

Monday dinner will be Ribeyes and baked tators. It's our back to school/farewell to DS19. He leaves for college Tues, and my younger boys start school Tuesday!

Friday night I made all appetizers for dinner Friday! I think it ended up being more work than just making dinner, but it was fun!

It is fun! That is our traditional New Year's Eve "dinner". I bring out 1-2 snacks per hour as we watch movies or whatever we are doing, and everybody just munches on a constant stream of yummies, lol.

Good luck to your son!

Mom Rides got me craving taco soup. I haven't made it forever, but pairing it with cheese quesadillas is kind of brilliant!

Sunday: bratwurst, sauerkraut, corn on the cob, chips
Monday: taco soup, cheese quesadillas, veggies & dip
Tuesday: spaghetti with meat sauce (making a big pot to freeze for future meals), garlic bread, peas, salad
Wednesday: Annual BLT night (homemade bread, tomatoes from farm, extra good bacon), fruit salad
Thursday: veggie beef soup (making a big pot to freeze extra), salad, bread
Friday: burgers, beans, veggies & dip, root beer floats
Saturday: baked ravioli, broccoli
Sunday: pork roast, mashed sweet potatoes (will make a bunch extra to freeze), roasted veggies

I am working hard to get my freezer stocked with things that are paleo-friendly. I got way off track when I was sick for a month, had to repeatedly empty the pantry with an ant problem, and then my fridge died for a week. I feel better, and most importantly my chronic pain level is lower when I eat mostly paleo, though, so I am restarting that in 2 weeks, when school starts.

So far, I have stocked: meatloaf, meatballs, parcooked bacon and various sausages that I have found with no nitrites/nitrates/gluten/MSG, etc, marinated and grilled steak, frozen in small amounts to pull out for salads or whatever, and cuban pork. I never know what my pain level will be at dinner, so having things that I can pull out is CRITICAL to me eating better.

OMG the bacon chicken alfredo lasagne is GOOD! made 2 (one in freezer) and one for dinner last night. Made it without any add-ins-forgot to get the spinach ready and now family is threatening mutiny if I make this any other way:) After 2 days of prep/cooking: 2x meatloaf (one for dinner Friday, one in freezer), 2x batches of meatballs, 2x marinated pork tenderloin(freezer), and beef and cheese enchiladas (also in freezer), plus 8 cups of homemade "condensed" cream of mushroom soup (freeze in 1-2 cup portions)

Sunday: Hamburgers on grill, sweet corn on cob,
Monday:Planned leftover night as we have school open house to attend after work
Tuesday: Spinach and cheese Ravioli
Wed: beef fajitas (peppers from garden should be ready)
Thursday: Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken with root vegetables
Friday: planned leftover vs "breakfast" for dinner
Saturday: grilled citrus/rosemary marinated pork tenderloin with rosemary potatoes.

Trying to keep it easy and quick with school starting back up Tuesday!!

It is fun! That is our traditional New Year's Eve "dinner". I bring out 1-2 snacks per hour as we watch movies or whatever we are doing, and everybody just munches on a constant stream of yummies, lol. Good luck to your son!

We do that too on NYE and on Oscar night.

We just got back from vacation (beach, so we did cook four nights) so I did a big shopping today and am determined to make some good healthy dinners. I'm working from home M,W and F this week so those are my cooking days; DH is working from home T and Th so he'll cook then. We do have frozen pizzas in the freezer because some days are just too hectic, but I try not to use them. I have more of a repertoire of easy meals than DH so I try to "save" them for his nights if he needs them.

Tonight, I'm making a chicken stir fry with rice and some Trader Joe's potstickers and egg rolls we have in the freezer.
Tomorrow will be turkey burgers, salad and oven-fried potatoes.
Wed. I think will be breakfast - turkey Monte Cristos, pancakes if DS11 requests them, fruit and leftover potatoes (will make double on Mon)
Fri. will be pasta and either leftovers or Gortons fish for DS13 who doesn't like pasta.
Sat. will be grilled something...depends on what we have, chicken, steak, etc. if the weather is good.

OMG the bacon chicken alfredo lasagne is GOOD!

Right? My fam loves it too! Sounds like you got a good bit put away for those busy days. :thumbsup2

We are staying at my sister's place to watch her littles for 9 days while she and hubby enjoy some quiet time in the Caribbean. We head there Thursday and she is SUPPOSED to be ensuring she has food in the house but since the message was relayed through her hubs...I'm not sure what to expect.

Anyway...

On to the meal plan!

Tonight-BBQ ribs, twice baked potatoes, garden salad
Tues-hot chicken sandwiches, salad
Wed-frozen pizza, salad or veggie sticks

...at my sister's house...
Thurs-my mom is feeding us...not sure what
Fri-BBQ (hot dogs, burgers, salads, chips, etc)
Sat-pizza (AGAIN) but this time homemade, not sure of veg
Sun-pasta, garlic toast, not sure of veg

so, after the fridge disaster last week, the things in my freezer are so jumbledy that I can't find anything (plus some of my freezer stuff is still at my SIL's house). My goal for this coming week is to go through and inventory all of my freezer stuff, and get it organized so I can USE it. Between having to completely empty my pantry because it was full of ants one week, and then having my fridge die and not getting it fixed reliably for 6 days the following week, it has been really hard not to just drive through every stinking night. We have eaten out some, but I have really tried to minimize it. I consider that a victory!

sorry about your fridge problem. You did great at trying to still eat at home!

This week we will have

baked chicken cutlets
potstickers
tortellini
burritos from Costco
maybe get a pizza Friday night

sides will be broccoli, roasted cauliflower, raw carrots with artichoke dip, watermelon. Trying to stay away from too many sides as starches. That's really hard since we love pasta and rice.

sorry about your fridge problem. You did great at trying to still eat at home!

This week we will have

baked chicken cutlets
potstickers
tortellini
burritos from Costco
maybe get a pizza Friday night

sides will be broccoli, roasted cauliflower, raw carrots with artichoke dip, watermelon. Trying to stay away from too many sides as starches. That's really hard since we love pasta and rice.

I tried, although I definitely ended up overspending on food out! Reining it back in this week, though! I did make the bratwurst last night, but par for the course, my planned dinner tonight is completely off the table. I am making a chicken/rice/broccoli casserole. DH is thrilled bc I almost NEVER make casseroles, and this is 2 in 2 weeks, lol. Seriously, when I told him, he answered, "Who are you, and how did you get this number?" LOL!

It is fun! That is our traditional New Year's Eve "dinner". I bring out 1-2 snacks per hour as we watch movies or whatever we are doing, and everybody just munches on a constant stream of yummies, lol.

Good luck to your son!

Thanks! He's thrilled to be going back...I'm sad!

Tonight, steak, tators, green beans, salad
Tues - chicken fried rice, egg rolls
Wednesday - steak/potato/onion/green pepper scramble....will add eggs if not enough steak. I make this with leftovers, it's so good!
Thurs- homemade pizza , probably buffalo chicken and cheeseburger

Happy Monday!

Saturday- we had Turkey burgers and a marinated tomato, cucumber and green pepper salad
Sunday-BBQ ribs and corn on the cob
Monday- Cabbage Rolls
Tuesday- Grilled chicken, leafy green salad and grilled potatoes for family
Wednesday- Turkey sausage, peppers, onions and rigatoni
Thursday- Chicken stir fry and wild rice
Friday- out to eat treat

Have a great week everyone!

Forgot to post this week's menu, but I have already got next week's ready to go...

Saturday:
Hot Italian Hoagies
Chips
Yogurt Fruit Salad (http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2014/08/lunch-box-fruit-water-yogurt-fruit_13.html#more)

Sunday:
Salisbury Steak
Buttered Noodles
Fried Okra from my Mama's garden...YUM!

Meatleass Monday: I have been lax on meatless over the summer, but we are getting back to it now!

Veggie Lo Mein (http://www.eatcakefordinner.net/2013/06/easy-lo-mein.html)
Egg Rolls

Tuesday:
Spanish Rice Casserole
Half Smashed Refried Beans
(http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2014/03/cheesy-spanish-rice-casserole-half.html)

Wednesday:
Going out for Sushi for my Birthday

Thursday:
Sitcky Chicken Legs (http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2013/10/old-fashioned-peanut-butter-pie-sticky.html)
Mac and Cheese
Corn on the Cob

Friday:
Leftovers or Cold Sandwiches with Chips

Forgot to post this week's menu, but I have already got next week's ready to go...

Saturday:
Hot Italian Hoagies
Chips
Yogurt Fruit Salad (http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2014/08/lunch-box-fruit-water-yogurt-fruit_13.html#more)

Sunday:
Salisbury Steak
Buttered Noodles
Fried Okra from my Mama's garden...YUM!

Meatleass Monday: I have been lax on meatless over the summer, but we are getting back to it now!

Veggie Lo Mein (http://www.eatcakefordinner.net/2013/06/easy-lo-mein.html)
Egg Rolls

Tuesday:
Spanish Rice Casserole
Half Smashed Refried Beans
(http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2014/03/cheesy-spanish-rice-casserole-half.html)

Wednesday:
Going out for Sushi for my Birthday

Thursday:
Sitcky Chicken Legs (http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2013/10/old-fashioned-peanut-butter-pie-sticky.html)
Mac and Cheese
Corn on the Cob

Friday:
Leftovers or Cold Sandwiches with Chips

Thanks for posting links to your receipes. I can't wait to try some of these.

Sunday: Pizza
Monday: Beef stroganoff, green beans, rolls
Tuesday: Jambalya, mandarine oranges
Wednesday: Panera
Thursday: Spagetti and meatballs, salad, garlic bread
Friday: Tacos, watermellon

Should know better than try to plan specific days vs just plan for the week: DS wanted Mac n cheese last week (instead of fajitas). So made a big batch and froze some (1 more meal for Vegas week-either during or after we get back and I work a gazillion days in a row to make up for lost time:rotfl:)

So
Sat-toasted ravioli, taquitos and spinach/artichoke dip (kids had friends sleepover so we did "apps")
Sun-citrus marinated pork tenderloin, rosemary roasted potatoes, roasted carrots/onion/radishes from garden
Mon-crockpot chicken over rice
Tues-pork fried rice with leftovers from sun/mon
rest of week (in no particular order): fajitas, pizza, breakfast for dinner (usually a huge batch of pancakes that I can freeze leftover and kids can reheat on school mornings to give them a break from cereal.)

Half way through our stay at my sister's place to watch her kiddies. The toddler is the cutest but full of mischief. She constantly reminds me how old I am. :rotfl2: The six year old is proving to be an even fussier eater than we thought so last night we had to have both fish sticks AND some of the chicken fingers that were supposed to have been for Thursday night's dinner. We'll just repeat the meal that night since there now won't be enough chicken to go around.

Last night-fish sticks/chicken fingers and smiley fries with green beans and veggie tray
Tonight-big dinner with two of my sisters and their families-beef tacos, cheese quesadillas, nachos and cheese, salad
Tues- hamburger helper, not sure of veg
Wed-chicken and noodles, not sure of veg
Thurs-fish sticks/chicken fingers and smiley fries with veggies
Fri-pasta alfredo with peas and garlic toast
Sat-??? My sister should be home in time for dinner, provided the flight isn't late but I don't know if they are planning on eating somewhere before they come home. So I don't know if I'm cooking for 6 or 8. Thus, I haven't figured out what to have yet.

Saturday: Frozen Pizza
Sunday: Sticky chicken legs,rice, and I had couscous with yellow squash
Monday: Hotdogs, watermellon, chips (eating while at oldest DS soccer game), I am eating Zucchini Lasagna
Tuesday: Ranch Chicken, baked potatoes, green beans
Wednesday: Potatoe Soup, grilled cheese sandwhiches
Thursday: eating out as DS has away game and won't be done until 9 PM
Friday: Hamburgers, fries, corn, mac and cheese

Hi All,
We have been eating at home but I took the summer off from posting it.

Yesterday: Grilled Chicken, sweet carrots, and cucumber and tomato salad

Monday: Chicken Alfredo, garlic bread, and raw vegetables and dip

Tuesday: Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, rolls

Wednesday: Chicken and Turkey Sausage Jambalaya, peas

Thursday: Shrimp stew, macaroni and cheese, green beans and broccoli slaw

Friday: Pork Roast, oven roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli

Saturday: Grilled hamburgers, fruit and chips

Hello All.

Saturday- Ribeye Steaks, baked sweet potatoes and zucchini
Sunday-Nephew's birthday party
Monday- Baked homemade chicken fingers, salad and summer squash
Tuesday- pork roast, carrots, onions, celery and potatoes
Wednesday-Grilled chicken, green pepper, tomato and cuke salad and possibly rice
Thursday- London broil, oven baked fries, corn and salad

Have a great week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter