Eat at Home 3!

We went camping over the weekend but still ate dinner at "home" in the trailer.

Friday was gumbo out of the freezer.

On Saturday we grilled out:
Smoked Sausage appetizer
Pork Chops
Baked Beans
Baked Potatoes
Salad
Garlic Bread

We had a free brunch buffet on Sunday and just snacked the rest of the day.

Last night (Monday) was
Parmesan-crusted Chicken
Penne with Bolognese and Spinach
Zucchini sautéed with Garlic and Olive Oil
Garlic Bread

The rest of the week:

Tuesday
Fajita Chicken Salad w/Spinach, Kale, Black Beans and Avocado
Garlic Bread

Wednesday
Chicken and Andouille Gumbo
Brown Rice
Salad

Thursday
Thanksgiving Dinner with Dad at his asssisted living, I need to make a dessert.

Friday
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Salad

Last edited:
Oops...a day late...but here are my plans for the week:

Monday: butter chicken, naan, rice, peas
Tuesday: waffles for the kiddies and omelets for the adults, grapes for all
Wednesday: homemade hamburger helper
Thursday:chicken bundles, noodles, broccoli
Friday: frozen pizza, not sure of veg
Saturday: lasagna roll ups, not sure of veg
Sunday: breakfast for dinner

Late this week, but better late than never...
Sunday - Butter Chicken, French Bread, Raspberries and Bananas
Monday - Homemade Chicken Parm (yep, put in the effort on this one), Remaining French Bread (Buttered Corn for kids), Raspberries and Bananas
Tuesday - Sausage Fresh Fennel White Wine Pasta, Strawberries (can I say how stupid expensive these are right now - ahhh - hubby bought them to appease a kid, so we wll enjoy them)
Wednesday - Stuffed Shells, Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage (Apple Slices for Kids)
Thursday - Cheesesteaks with Peppers/Onions, Baked Fries, Leftover Fruits
Friday - Frozen Pizza, Smoothies
Saturday - Out or Leftovers

Here is my plan for the next two weeks! Things will pick up at work again after Thanksgiving so schedule will go crazy then!

Sunday: 9-5 L/O

Monday: Grocery Day Pizza and Salad

Tuesday: (10:30am show) Roast Chicken, roasted brussel sprouts, some sort of carb (rice or mashed potatoes, not sure yet, maybe even just rolls)

Wednesday: 9-5 L/O

Thursday: 9-5 Chicken fried rice

Friday: 9-5:30 L/O

Saturday: 9-5 Pork Chops with gravy, mashed potatoes, and vegetable (something from the freezer)

Sunday: 9-5:30 L/O

Monday: Eggs, bacon, and potatoes

Tuesday: (9:45am show) Glazed Salmon with broccoli rice

Wednesday: 9-4 Vegetable Soup

Thursday: Thanksgiving Out to eat with family 2PM

Friday: 7:30-5 L/O

Saturday: 9-5 L/O

Sunday: 9-5:30 Eggs, bacon, and potatoes

Sorry about your loss jsmla.

We got back from visiting family in Texas Monday night and I ate some awesome food while there- Tex-Mex, bar-b-q, burgers, seafood, my mom's enchiladas and chili, kolaches, sandwiches from our favorite Italian deli- but it's back to cooking for me now.

Here's this week and next plans along with my work schedule:

Tue (5-2)- honey bbq chicken and tater tots
Wed (5-2, which turned into staying until almost 6)- spaghetti w/salad
Thu (off so I went shopping)- taco pizza
Fri (1-10)- apple butter pork chops w/ baked beans
Sat (8-5)- dinner with friends after church
Sun (off)- chicken wraps with fruit
Mon (7-5) slow cooker Mexican chicken with rice
Tue (off)- bacon potato soup
Wed (1-10) chicken fajitas w/black beans
Thanksgiving (1-11)- turkey, green bean casserole, potatoes and cream gravy, corn, cranberry sauce, rolls, and apple pie
Black Friday (8-5)- appetizers and snacks- the guys will be making these while I am working then I just get to come home and enjoy

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Sorry about your loss jsmla.

Thank you! I was so glad we went. I learned so much more about what kind of man, husband and father my uncle was than I ever learned from my dad-the more materially successful oldest brother who tended to look down a bit on the baby of his family.

I was doing pretty well with the plan but we're having leftovers instead of pizza tonight. In lieu of pizza crust I'm making homemade rolls to go with.

Monday: We have an appointment in the evening, so we will get something while we are out.
Tuesday: Jalapeno cheddar chicken, green beans
Wednesday: Crockpot mac and cheese, salad
Thursday: Going to my great aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner
Friday: We will be getting sent home with Thanksgiving leftovers, like every year.
Saturday: Wedding
Sunday: Bowtie pasta with alfredo sauce, broccoli

Sun - Tues - Still thinking this through. I got 3 more Mango/Strawberry/Blueberry Bowls and a box of clementines today and I am looking to use up more proteins from my freezer. Gotta think of this:).
Wed - Out to trivia night for spouse's birthday (I will have prepped 1/2 of Thanksgiving, so this is a great reason not to keep cooking - half price wings and the chance to win back my bill with trivia:).
Thurs - Herb De Provence and Citrus Turkey, Homemade Giblet and Herb Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Stove Top Stuffing, Homemade Pear and Cranberry Sauce, Candied Pecan Sweet Potato Mash Casserole, and Paula Deen's Green Bean casserole (lightened up with no cheese, 2/3rds less butter, and double the fresh mushrooms and onions and lots of black pepper - tried it this week and it was so much better than regular green bean casserole and spouse specially requested it as our one Thanksgiving green veg:)) for dinner, Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Pie and Pecan Pie Ice Cream Pie for desserts (both make aheads), and a tray of apple slices, pear slices, and pie crust triangles to go along with a cream cheese vanilla pumpkin pie dip and sliced kielbasa for snacking during football after a cappucino and cinnamon bun breakfast:)...
Fri - Leftovers
Sat - Thanksgiving Soup (if I still have extra leftovers - I will make the broth from the carcass Thursday night) or Frozen Pizza if I don't:)...

Last edited:
Tonight
Baked Potatoes with Chili
Broccoli Salad
Cornbread

Sunday
BBQ Chicken Breasts
Twice Baked Potatoes
Grilled Zucchini and Yellow Squadh

Monday
Out of Town

Tuesday
"Mexican" Lasagna
Broccoli Salad
Satsumas

Wednesday
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Salad (maybe, anyway something green, really don't know what)

Thursday
Turkey
Dressing
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Beans
Biscuits
Satsuma/Cranberry Sauce
Apple Crumble in a Mason Jar

Friday
Leftovers!

Last edited:
Sun - Tues - Still thinking this through. I got 3 more Mango/Strawberry/Blueberry Bowls and a box of clementines today and I am looking to use up more proteins from my freezer. Gotta think of this:).
Wed - Out to trivia night for spouse's birthday (I will have prepped 1/2 of Thanksgiving, so this is a great reason not to keep cooking - half price wings and the chance to win back my bill with trivia:).
Thurs - Herb De Provence and Citrus Turkey, Homemade Giblet and Herb Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Stove Top Stuffing, Homemade Pear and Cranberry Sauce, Candied Pecan Sweet Potato Mash Casserole, and Paula Deen's Green Bean casserole (lightened up with no cheese, 2/3rds less butter, and double the fresh mushrooms and onions and lots of black pepper - tried it this week and it was so much better than regular green bean casserole and spouse specially requested it as our one Thanksgiving green veg:)) for dinner, Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Pie and Pecan Pie Ice Cream Pie for desserts (both make aheads), and a tray of apple slices, pear slices, and pie crust triangles to go along with a cream cheese vanilla pumpkin pie dip and sliced kielbasa for snacking during football after a cappucino and cinnamon bun breakfast:)...
Fri - Leftovers
Sat - Thanksgiving Soup (if I still have extra leftovers - I will make the broth from the carcass Thursday night) or Frozen Pizza if I don't:)...

Got a Sun-Tues plan...
Sunday - Homemade Beef Meatballs in Homemade Fresh Tomato Sauce (got this out of my freezer) over Spaghetti, Fresh Mango/Blueberries/Strawberries
Monday - Bacon, Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Banana Muffins, Fresh Mango/Blueberries/Strawberries
Tuesday - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Balsamic Glazed Roasted Brussell Sprouts, Clementines

We ripped a ground beef package searching the freezer and found the sauce, so this made dinner planning much easier to decide:)...

I don't have all the side dishes worked out but here's the general outline for this week:

Mon-meatballs subs
Tues-breakfast
Wed-tacos
Thurs-soup and grilled cheese
Fri-pizza
Sat-buffalo chicken wraps
Sun-linguine alfredo

Monday: Baked ziti, salad
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Chicken tacos, chips and salsa
Thursday: Oven baked nachos
Friday: Grilled cheese and soup
Saturday: Disney with friends! Hollywood Studios for the day and then Disney Springs for the night
Sunday: Cheese tortellini, red sauce from the freezer and some kind of freezer veggie

Sun - Corned Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Pina Colada Crisp (with fresh pineapple)
Mon - Turkey Pot Pie (Last of turkey, turkey broth, onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms), Roasted Asparagus, Blackberries
Tues - Asparagus Quiche, Sausage Links, Triple Banana Muffins, Strawberries/Blackberries
Wed - Leftovers for Adults / Frozen Pizza with Clementines for Kids
Thurs - Cheeseburgers, Roasted Carrots, Apple Slices
Fri - Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Bagel Sandwiches, Tater Tots, Fresh Fruit Smoothies, Leftover Fruit
Sat - Out (kids have Church dinner, so we'll be a smaller family - probably an Indian Groupon we need to use up)

Back for another week
Sun - Chicken Shepard's Pie with Thanksgiving influence (using up last of turkey broth and gravy and last of all the onions/carrots/celery:), Homemade Apple Blackberry Bread, Fruit Salad (Mango/Strawberries/Blueberries/Blackberries)
Mon - Black Pepper Thick Cut Bacon (great grocery store deal), Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, More Fruit Salad, More Fruit Bread
Tues (Family b-day party dinner request) - Philly Cheesesteaks with Sauteed Onions/Peppers, Tater Tots, Apple Slices
Wed - Leftover Shepard's Pie if any (adults)/ Mac and Cheese for kids (and adults if no leftovers), Roasted Broccoli, Grapes
Thurs (Teen friend b-day party) - Domino's Pizza, Chocolate Chocolate Cup Cakes, Berry Salad (Popcorn, Soda, and Movies at the Discount Theater, too - so happy to see BOGO tickets at discount theater and Buy Popcorn, Get Soda free coupons for this - cheaper friend party than normal - 2 teen best friends coming with all my kids and me:)...
Fri - Leftover Pizza, Roasted Cauliflower, Fruit Smoothies (Leftover Fruit from Week)
Sat - TBD (Out or $5 Protein Meal)

Sun- MIL cooked for us
Mon- Spaghetti Pie and salad
Tuesday-Chicken burgers, green beans, salad
Wednesday-Whole roast chicken, oven roasted potatoes and carrots, gravy.
Thursday-Breakfast for dinner
Friday-Homemade pizzas
Saturday-Baked chicken, cauliflower, sweet potato fries
Sunday-Out for dinner with extended family

I'm not sure of the days but here's the menu
Spaghetti with garlic bread
Chili with tater tots and saltines
Chicken and rice soup ( I really want cheese toast with this one!)
Meatballs with mashed potatoes, rolls, corn, and green lima beans
slow cooker bbq chicken, corn, broccoli, and fries
fried pork chops, yellow rice, corn and green beans
All leftovers will be lunches.

Tonight-ham, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, broccoli
Tues-breakfast for dinner: pancakes, fruit, eggs, peameal bacon
Wed-beef tacos, salad
Thurs-hot dogs, baked beans, clementines
Fri-frozen pizza, veggies and dip
Sat-meatball subs, veggies and dip
Sun-leftovers or soup and grilled cheese, whatever fruit or veg we have kicking around

Tonight: Baked chicken, brown rice, pineapple
Tomorrow: Chicken and dumplings (crockpot)
Wednesday: Mac and cheese, broccoli
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Baked ziti, (from freezer), salad, chocolate chip pudding cookies
Saturday: Hockey game
Sunday: Slow cooker creamy chicken pasta-1 pound uncooked chicken breast, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 packet Italian dressing mix, 1 can of tomato soup, 1 can of diced tomatoes, half a block of cream cheese, cooked on high for 3 hours or low for 6-8, shred the chicken and put back in for last 30 min of cooking. Mixed with cooked pasta (about 1/2 pound-I use shells), rest of the cookies

Tonight: Sloppy joe mac and cheese
Tomorrow: Leftovers ^^ with salad
Wednesday: Slow cooker orange chicken, brown rice, broccoli
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Marinated London broil and grilled (Winn Dixie had an amazing deal on them), grilled sweet potatoes, Caesar salad,
Saturday: Leftovers with added veggies from the freezer if needed
Sunday: Bertolli three cheese tortellini with bacon (freezer)

We've been doing well at eating at home- slacker here hasn't been posting though..I am still figuring out this baby thing though

Monday: lasagna, salad
Tuesday: thinking costco fish burgers with some sides tbd
Wednesday: Thai stirfry with turkey
Thursday: beef stew
Friday:at a work xmas/retirement party
Saturday: may be having friends over for a fondue
Sunday: chicken tortilla soup

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter