• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Sunday: 9-5 Breakfast sandwich (I wasn't supposed to work this day, but picked up a shift to help a friend out plus $$$)

Monday: Grocery Day Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, frozen carrots

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: 9-3:30 Chicken enchiladas, black beans

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: 7-3 Leftovers

Saturday: 9-3 Deli sandwiches (thinking turkey, bacon, lettuce, swiss cheese, mayo, and mustard on rolls)

Sunday: 7-3 Leftovers

Monday: Roasted potato breakfast bowls (potatoes, peppers, onion, bacon, avocado, egg)

Tuesday: Beef stroganoff (made with ground beef)

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Broccoli cheese soup and cornbread (slow cooker)

Friday: 8:30-3 Leftovers

Saturday: 1-10:30 Dinner will be provided at work since it's an after hours party and they are awesome

Menu Plan - Week of 9/17

Saturday - egg burritos with cheese/tomatoes/avocado and fruit smoothies
Sunday - chicken and peppers over rice
Monday - leftover cauliflower soup, rolls
Tuesday - grilled chicken salad with black beans, corn, tomatoes and peppers
Wednesday - beef stroganoff over egg noodles, peas
Thursday - taco salads
Friday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans

So we did eat out one extra night this past week, but it was for a school fundraiser and it was fast food not an expensive dinner. This week's plan is:

Sun (off)- turkey burgers on English muffins with coleslaw and/or potato salad
Mon (7-5)- roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot
Tue (8-5)- Court of Honor for Scouts and the Troop is providing pizzas, we are bringing DS's favorite red velvet cookies
Wed (off)- meatball subs with honeydew melon
Thu (12:30-9:30)- grilled chicken salad
Fri (1-10)- meatloaf with green beans and garlic bread
Sat (8-5)- DS has band competition so they'll get fed, DH and I will grab something quick once I get off work on the way to competition- luckily it is at the other high school in town

Happy eating to all!

We have been doing better here. I worked a bunch of hours last week but did well with prepping meals for the week. I am going to include my work hours for the week just to help myself with the plans. I have the next 2 weeks roughly planned

Tonight (11-6:30) we had French toast, sausage, and fruit
Tomorrow (off) will be beef stew with salad
Tuesday (9-5) we will have tacos
Wednesday (2-9:30) leftovers
Thursday (off) pork chops with German potato salad and Brussel sprouts
Friday (9-5) homemade lasagna
Saturday (1-9:30) leftovers

Sunday (off) bbq ribs with baked sweet potatoes and corn
Monday (9:45-5) brats with fruit salad and chips
Tuesday (off) pepper steak stir fry
Wednesday (2-9:30) grilled cheese and tomato soup
Thursday (9-5) lemon chicken with rice and zucchini
Friday (11-6:30) cheddar apple meatloaf with mashed potatoes and carrots
Saturday (12-9:30) leftovers

Oops...a day late AGAIN this week. Mondays are just too busy for me, I guess.

Mon-chicken and noodles, broccoli and cheese sauce
Tues-soup and grilled cheese, veggies and dip
Wed-chicken enchiladas, not sure of veg
Thurs-chicken and bacon skewers, sauteed carrots, rice
Fri-fish and chips, not sure of veg
Sat-frozen pizza
Sun-ham, potatoes, peas, rolls

Got a recipe question for you all. Do you think stuffed bell peppers would taste good with a roasted red pepper sauce in place of the tomato sauce? I would use green bell peppers to stuff and the sauce would be seasoned. I think I may give it a try in a few weeks and see what happens, but I am craving stuffed peppers and can't have tomatoes.

I have to laugh. I started a new job last week with a long commute and while DH does cook, he's had a hectic schedule so wasn't that inspired last week. So, over the weekend we had pasta and then chicken and had leftovers of each that I thought would be good to "earmark" for early this week. Sunday I also cooked up taco meat and stuck it in the fridge. Came home last night and what did the kids have? Hot dogs. Oh well, at least it was in the house and not take out. DH and I had some of the leftover chicken. We will see what they all decide to eat tonight. Lol.

Got a recipe question for you all. Do you think stuffed bell peppers would taste good with a roasted red pepper sauce in place of the tomato sauce? I would use green bell peppers to stuff and the sauce would be seasoned. I think I may give it a try in a few weeks and see what happens, but I am craving stuffed peppers and can't have tomatoes.

I think it would be great:)...I change up what I stuff peppers with all the time - while I haven't gonna that route, I could see a spin on sausage and peppers in a stuffed pepper working really well!:)...maybe I should try that with carmelized onion, carmelzed pepper tops, chopped garlic, roasted red pepper sauce, hot italian sausage, parm, and ground up rolls and s&p...

Yes. I can't eat tomatoes either (Bc of GERD) and am always looking for good sauce substitutions.

I am taking a cooking break this week, all easy stuff. We have 25+ pounds of veggies in the freezer so we I will let the kid chose those. Our grocery ads really stunk this week, the only fresh vegetable I bought was cabbage.

Cheese pizza (take and bake)
Pepperoni pizza (take and bake)
Beef tacos (crockpot)
Chicken and dumplings (I will do the chicken and broth in crock pot)
BBQ beef sandwiches from a premade tub, and slaw
Crock pot pork with stuffing, onion, and gravy
Spiral ham, mashed potatoes

Hosting multiple adult guests tonight for a game and dessert, so made an "easy dinner and dessert" run today...also broke my microwave Friday and won't get a new one til Tuesday, so that is annoying for defrosting/dinner prep (gonna avoid defrosting til then) - also have to run out Tuesday for a few extra things, so will finish my plan then...
Sat - Italian Subs, Berry Bowl (on big pre-prepped sale, but you had to get 3, so we'll have 3 different ones in a row:)), Chips - and for dessert for fam and friends 2 dozen assorted bakery donuts ($10) and decaf coffee
Sun - Spaghetti and Meatballs, Roasted Brussell Sprouts, Strawberry/Mango Bowl
Mon - Cheese Quiche (with Milk) - missed quiche last week, Sausage, Mango/Mixed Berry Bowl, Orange Julius Smoothies
Tues - Indian Butter Chicken Stir Fry (still have the sauce and have new vegs), Biscuits, Apple Slices

Changed up Tuesday per kid request (so I still have that sauce for next week) and have the rest of the week...
Tues (done) - Spaghetti with Meatballs and Homemade Veg sauce (tossed in last of roasted brussels with some green pepper and onion), Green Grapes/Bananas
Wed (insanity, so here's the plan) - Grocery Rotisserie Chicken, Last of Mango/Berry Bowl, Roasted Green Beans, Beer Bread (if I can make it)
Thurs - Chicken Alfredo Pasta (using any chicken left from tonight) with Sauteed Spinach, Sliced Apples
Fri - Ground Beef and Spicy Bean Enchiladas, Guacamole and Chips, Sliced Oranges

Monday: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Tuesday: One pot teriyaki chicken and noodles http://www.thereciperebel.com/one-pan-teriyaki-chicken-and-noodles/
Thursday: Italian wonderpot http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/05/italian-wonderpot/ , salad
Friday: Scrambled eggs with cheese and tomatoes, pancakes
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Either frozen pizza or pasta with red sauce from the freezer and some kind of veggie from the freezer

I love this thread holding us accountable! We are having every penny as we are booking our vacation to Canada soon!:love::yay:

Sat - Frozen CPK Pizza (did Target Deal), Roasted Green Beans, Strawberries
Sun - Buffalo Chicken Tenders (and Plain Ones), Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, Sauteed Spinach, Sliced Oranges
Mon - Chicken Fajita Stir Fry (Zucchini, Peppers, Onions), Green Grapes
Tues - Chicken Tettrazini (no soup jars - gonna scratch the sauce and use less so it's not gloppy) with Onions, Garlic, Mushrooms, and Peas, More Sliced Oranges
Wed - Meatloaf, Ratatouille (Zucchini, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Green Peppers, and Onions with herbs, vinegar, etc), Homemade Beer Bread
Thurs - BLTs, Baked Fries, Leftover Ratatouille, Leftover Fruit from week
Fri - Take Out or Leftovers

Two misfits- your menu looks delicious!

Menu plan for week of 9/24

Saturday- burgers, pasta salad, baked beans, veggies/dip
Sunday - buffalo ranch chicken salad
Monday - black bean taco chili
Tuesday- steak, baked potatoes, green beans
Wednesday- kielbasa bake
Thursday- leftovers
Friday- spaghetti / peas/ salad

Sun (10-7): pork tenderloin in the crockpot, corn on the cob, corn muffins (made the muffins this morning)
Mon (7-5): steak nachos (using leftover roast)
Tue (off): pigs-in-a-blanket with roasted green beans
Wed (12:30-9:30): beef and bean burritos with rice
Thu (12:30-9:30): pork ragu (with extra pork tenderloin)
Fri (8-5): chicken sandwiches with coleslaw and potato salad (football game that night)
Sat (off): DS will eat with band and DH and I will grab something before the competition

Sun (10-7): pork tenderloin in the crockpot, corn on the cob, corn muffins (made the muffins this morning)
How do you make your pork tenderloin in the crockpot? I'm looking for more crockpot recipes since I go full time soon.

Saturday: Chili, grilled cheese
Sunday: Beef Stroganoff, mashed potatoes
Monday: Ribs/Brisket, cheesy potatoes, salad
Tuesday: Italian Chicken and pasta, left over salad
Thursday: Hamburgers/chicken patties, mac and cheese, baked beans
Friday: Chicken tacos, rotel dip and chips

How do you make your pork tenderloin in the crockpot? I'm looking for more crockpot recipes since I go full time soon.

I have a ton of crockpot recipes I can post if you like. Remind me of your food allergies again though...no tomatoes, right? Anything else?

@LilyWDW this one might be a good one for you to try:

Crockpot Corn Chowder

Ingredients

3 cups corn
8 oz small potatoes, quartered
8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
3 cups chicken broth
3 cups milk {I used 2%}
1/4 cup butter

Directions

Combine the first 8 ingredients in slow cooker, cover and cook high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Stir in milk and butter and cook for an additional hour.
Serve with warm rolls or buttered toast.

This one is hearty, healthy, and crazy easy. Not sure if it freezes well because it goes fast around here! We always add in chopped celery and have added carrots and/or frozen spinach too. Next time I make it I want to toss in some fresh broccoli to see how we like it.

This week:

Monday: Penne bake
Tuesday: Lasagna with garlic bread and parmesan roasted cauliflower
Wednesday: Butter chicken with rice and naan
Thursday: Teriyaki stir fry with rice and frozen edamame
Friday: Chili and garlic bread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter