• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this week:

Sunday: homemade pizza, veggies and dip

Monday: vegan Irish stew (made with seitan and Guinness!)

Tuesday: scrambled tofu with vegetables and homemade cornbread

Wednesday: upside down lentil Shepherd's pie (made with lentils, peas, carrots, onions in a kind of gravy, served over sweet potatoes mashed with cashew cream)

Tomorrow will probably be black bean soup.

TP

So far this week:

Wednesday: upside down lentil Shepherd's pie (made with lentils, peas, carrots, onions in a kind of gravy, served over sweet potatoes mashed with cashew cream)

TP
One day I am going to have to pm you and beg for some of your recipes!! You post the most awesome and interesting ideas! DD is vegetarian, and we really enjoy meatless meals. Your menu always looks delicious!:)

Teresa Pitman said:
So far this week:

TP

pigletto said:
One day I am going to have to pm you and beg for some of your recipes!! You post the most awesome and interesting ideas! DD is vegetarian, and we really enjoy meatless meals. Your menu always looks delicious!:)

I second this! We try to eat veg at home. DH will eat fish/ chicken on occasion, but not dairy. Usually that's out though. We only have a few tofu recipes we love though...:)

If you ever share recipes, let me know too!

Tonight we are going to have the london broil, corn casserole, and salad we did not have on Monday night.

My husband is vegan, so I too would be interested in recipes...especially the irish stew

Pigletto -Have a great vacation!!

Saturday - Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles / green beans
Sunday - Fish and shrimp tacos, cole slaw, and corn on the cob
Monday - Beef au jus sandwiches and salad
Tuesday- Italian baked chicken, rice, and broccoli
Wed - Herb crusted fish, mushroom risotto and asparagus
Thursday - Pizza
Friday - Black bean burgers / sweet potato fries (carried over from last week)

Our Gluten-Free menu for the upcoming week:

Tonight: Bacon, eggs and hash browns
Saturday: Steak with mashed potatoes/cauliflower and roasted asperagus
Sunday: roast pork loin with steamed broccoli
Monday: sausage, sweet potato, onion skillet
Tuesday: Chicken tikka masala with brown basmati rice
Wednesday: Paleo chicken cordon bleu with steamed Normandy veggies
Thursday: Leftovers or gluten-free frozen pizza

Next week's menu...

Saturday:
Crockpot Pepper Steak
Rice
Garden Peas

Sunday:
Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
Crescant Rolls

Meatless Monday:
Veggie Tortillini Soup
Garlic Toast

Tuesday:
Potatoes AuGratin with Smoked Sausage
French Style Green Beans

Wednesday:
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Fries
Peaches

Thursday:
Taco Pizza
Carrots and Ranch

Friday:
Tuna Melts
Chips

I haven't done this in a while, but it usually helps, so here goes:

Friday, Feb 15th
Valentine's dinner at in-laws

Saturday, Feb 16th
Ham, sliced potatoes, green beans (altogether in pan), boiled cabbage

Sunday, Feb 17th
Baked chicken w/ranch teriyaki sauce, asparagus, arugula salad

Monday, Feb 18th

Mac-n-cheese and ham casserole, peas

Tuesday, Feb 19th
Tuna fish salad on toast, french fries, corn on the cob

Wednesday, Feb 20th
Bean burritos, spanish rice

Thursday, Feb 21st
Baked potatoes and salad (romaine, leaf, spinach, cherry tomatoes, red onion, arugula, artichoke hearts, shredded cheddar, with shredded chicken)

Friday, Feb 22nd
French bread pizzas and baked apples

Saturday, Feb 23rd
Chili

Sunday, Feb 24th
Chili

Monday, Feb 25th
Egg salad sandwiches, tossed salad (lettuces, red onion, shredded cheddar), and tomato soup

Tuesday, Feb 26th
Porkchops and sliced potatoes (with a worcestershire/onion/beef stock sauce), green beans

Wednesday, Feb 27th

Chicken stir fry (chicken, bamboo shoots, waterchestnuts, carrots, mushrooms) and rice

Thursday, Feb 28th
Open faced roast beef sandwiches with mashed potatoes and carrots (cooked in beef stock)

This week's menu:

Sunday - Meatloaf, baked potatoes, corn, squash
Monday - Homemade chicken Parmesan, noodles, green beans, tossed salad
Wednesday - Roast pork, rice, broccoli, tossed salad
Thursday - Beef stroganoff, noodles, peas
Friday - Wicked chicken casserole, cranberry sauce
Saturday - American chop suey, tossed salad

Tonight we went out for Chinese with family.

Tomorrow night I plan on making either beef stew or vegetable beef soup.

Today I tried a new recipe: seitan pot roast in the slow cooker. (Seitan is a kind of imitation meat, made from wheat gluten.). You put onions, parsnips, carrots and sweet potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker with veggie broth, then a circle of foil, prepare the seitan and put it on top of the foil, then cook it all for 6 hours on low. Then I made gravy with the broth to serve over the thinly-sliced seitan, and steamed some broccoli as well. It turned out to be very good. I saved the leftover slices of seitan in a container with the gravy, and put the rest of the seitan in some more vegetable broth to keep it from drying out.

Tomorrow is my oldest son's birthday meal and he's asked for Indian food. So for the family we'll have green salad, samosas, spinach-chickpea curry, butter "chicken" (really chunks of seitan), curried tofu, spiced chickpea poppers, rice, and for dessert, chocolate cupcakes and apple crisp. (I know, the desserts don't really match but that's what he wanted.)

For Tuesday night I have some black bean-onion filling that we had in buns on Friday and I think I might use it up in wraps. I'll cook some pepper strips and add salsa and spinach to each wrap.

TP

What a rough week! DH had bronchitis at the beginning of the week, DD had a stomach bug followed by strep (for the second time in 3 weeks!) and I had a horrible cold. We did a lot of laying around and eating whatever was quick and easy (ie pizza and fast food). Finally starting to feel better so we went shopping and out to eat today.

And I'm SOOOO EXCITED! We bought a new gas range and fridge today!!! Only the stovetop of my range worked for the last year so I'm totally stoked! And my fridge is one we hauled up from the basement and I swear its from the 80's! They will be delivered next Sunday and I can't wait to make my menu out with some oven goodies!!!

Fajitas, meatball subs, spaghetti are on our menu this week.

I made a big pot of 15 bean soup with some smoked turkey and ham. It was so good we had it two nights in a row! It's all gone.

Haven't decided next weeks menu yet. I have my eye on some "new to me" recipes.

Last night we had grilled chicken, Asian cabbage slaw and mashies
tonight will be breakfast for meatless Monday (Veggie omelets with egg whites, and toast with homemade peach preserves)
Tuesday, is Mediterranean Flounder
Wednesday, is Steak and Pot with Salad
Thursday, is Fajita Chicken Salad
Friday, is Grilled Salmon with salad and sweet potato

Yesterday: BBQ sandwiches with chips

Today: Tacos

Tues: Apple Sausage, rice, salad

Wed: Baked Chicken, green beans, salad

Thur: Salmon cakes, white beans, corn muffins

Fri & Sat: Not sure yet... Oldest at a Church retreat, Cinderella movie night with the picky eaters....

Sun: Pot Roast w/veggies, corn muffins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter