1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Eat anything awesome at Sanaa, Kona or Yak&Yeti?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by eeyoresmom, Jan 17, 2013.

1. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

We have dinner ADR's at these restaurants and want to hear what you loved (or didn't). We are big dessert lovers too so please advise :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. autumnpalm

autumnpalm DIS Veteran

At Sanaa:

Definitely the bread sampler and the green curry shrimp entree! We haven't had dessert there but the chai cream gets great reviews. I haven't tried anything yet at Sanaa that wasn't delicious but the shrimp and bread service blew me away.

At Yak & Yeti:

Wonton dessert!!!

4. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

We loved our appetizers at Y&Y (the potstickers and the chicken wings - yum!). I also thought my shrimp were good. Dessert wise, the wonton dessert was just okay for me, but I think I was pretty full when I attempted to eat it. :lmao:

5. shoney

shoney DIS Veteran

The seafood curry dish at Yak & Yeti was very good! My favorite single dish of the week last February!

6. AppleSister1

AppleSister1 DIS Veteran

Sanaa: The bread service is awesome! You pick three kinds of bread and three kinds of dips/spreads. I love the tandoori shrimp, but not sure if that's just for lunch. Nephews (10 & 12) loved the durban (?) chicken.

Y&Y: I love the ribs here. The wonton dessert is excellent!

Kona: I was only there for lunch but loved the fish tacos.

7. rznhal

rznhal DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti-Shrimp lo mein, Mango pie

Kona-The bread (better than my entree!!!!!) and the chocolate banana creme brûlée

Enjoy!!!

8. STLnative

STLnative Mouseketeer

Sanaa - bread service (esp. the naan), butter chicken, spicy durban chicken, lamb vindaloo
    Kona - sticky wings, teriyaki strip
    Y&Y - never been

9. showers2flowers

showers2flowers Mouseketeer

I can only speak about Sanaa: like everyone else has said, get the bread service. I actually preferred the dips that came with the bread service at Jiko, but for the bread itself, Sanaa is awesome! Entrees--the spicy durban chicken was my favorite, followed by the green curry with shrimp. Dessert--the warm rice pudding is wonderful--it comes with bits of mango and is served with a vanilla flavored cream that you pour into the dish. :thumbsup2

10. disfan33

disfan33 Mouseketeer

The wok-fried green beans at Yak & Yeti are amazing!

11. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

Sanaa, Kona and Y&Y are three of my favorites

Sanaa: definitely the bread service, also really liked the slow cooked butter chicken and braised short rib

Yak & Yeti; Lettuce cups and spring rolls rock!

Kona: I assume dinner the sticky wings are great. I loved the noodle bowl. The steak gets big thumbs up

Kona's breakfast may ne the best

12. partigus

partigus Mouseketeer

everything...sorry- no help, i know, but out of large (10 +) parties everyone relly enjoyed what they ordered at both places...let your palette be your guide!

13. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

Thanks everyone. We ate at Sanaa when they first opened and I remember no one in our party of 6 liking the desserts. The only one I remember was a strange carrot thing that tasted like shredded salad carrots, not dessert-y at all ;) that has kept us from returning there, but we are giving it another go next month. We have only eaten at Kona once and remember a great steak dish.Y&Y is new to us so don't know what to expect.

14. DakotaRose

DakotaRose Mouseketeer

Kona - If you like coffee, the Kona coffee panna cotta is really wonderful. The table next to me raved about the Kilauea tort, too.

15. grace&philipsmom

grace&philipsmom DIS Veteran

Yak and Yeti - the cream cheese wontons were fantastic!
    Kona - I like the potstickers (appetizer) and the banana creme brulee