EasyWDW vs TP

mstout

Mouseketeer
Does anyone use either Touring Plans or Easywdw to plan days? I thought I had my week planned out using Touring Plans but now looking at Nov calendar in EasyWDW I'm confused. EasyWDW contradicts every day. Nov 12--TP says MK is best park at 1.1 and EWDW says to avoid. I don't know which one to go by now. We've been to DW twice but never used any planning tool.

I like that Josh at easyWDW explains why he recommends or doesn't recommend a particular park on a particular day.

EasyWDW has never led me wrong. In event of a conflict, I go with Josh.

I use both, but we have better luck using easywdw . I think it is more accurate.

Any comparisons to the undercover tourist crowd calendar? I've used it for 3 years now, with pretty good success (I think, but don't have anything to compare it with other than total ignorance on my first trip :faint:)

I only learned about easywdw and tp recently, but haven't investigated them enough to make a judgement other than they seem to have more info. I did notice that about half the dates match for best park (or at least between easywdw and UT on the dates for my next trip).

Thanks

I have a trip planned for next year and had the same question, so, I've been tracking the recommendations of Touring Plans, Undercover Tourist and EasyWDW. I've also been keeping a spreadsheet of the reported wait times of all attractions to get a sense of which parks are more/less crowded. Probably too much effort, I know, but I can say that for the last month, Josh at EasyWDW has hit the mark almost every day. I don't know how he does it but I will definitely be using his recommendations when we go to the World.

For my last trip, I used a combination of both. I used EWDW for the days I selected but recommended strategies for adults without children from TP as well as their Lines App. I am a little obsessive when it comes to planning and don't travel with kids. I can skip a lot of attractions (such as M&G with Characters) so I have to do my own thing. Customizing may be important for your family. The more I learn regardless of source, the better my plan works out.

For my last trip, I used a combination of both. I used EWDW for the days I selected but recommended strategies for adults without children from TP as well as their Lines App. I am a little obsessive when it comes to planning and don't travel with kids. I can skip a lot of attractions (such as M&G with Characters) so I have to do my own thing. Customizing may be important for your family. The more I learn regardless of source, the better my plan works out.

This is it exactly. My first trip was pre-planned with the company I was working for at the time, my second trip I tried to plan myself, but didn't realize all of the resources available online - and it was a NIGHTMARE!!! :faint::scared1:

My next two trips, I had discovered the UT website through MouseSavers and the trips seemed (to me) to be much better - was able to plan which parks to visit and definitely got more done each day.

I tend to not over-obsess with the planning, mostly just try to find the 'least crowded' park and go with the flow from there - excepting that this year I am going to include in my schedule a few specific show times and character M&G - I'm a Pooh (Piglet) fan, can't help myself.

We'll see how it works. I have downloaded a couple of different apps for wait-times, so I have my fingers crossed that they help some. Although, I must admit that even in mid-summer just following the recommended park, I was astounded at the difference in crowd size.

Now I'm worried because our schedule goes with TP and easy WDW says otherwise. I think I will use both as references & then decide what we want to do. I've already chosen MK on a busy day because we want the EMH in the evening.

I've used easywdw twice now and will continue. Both times he was right on the mark! Josh has so much information on his website that helps with planning...I love it!!! :goodvibes

I've used easywdw twice now and will continue. Both times he was right on the mark! Josh has so much information on his website that helps with planning...I love it!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice!!! I've been following the blog for info, but will do so now more closely. Glad to know its worked for you!!!

Well, Josh doesn't include decimal points. Personally, the decimal points are an important part of my planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter