EasyWDW or Touring Plans for best parks?

Which is more accurate for best/worst parks to visit?

• EasyWDW is the most accurate

• Touring Plans is the most accurate

• Neither are accurate

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've used touring plans for too many years to count. For the touring plans. I prefer to use easywdw.com for the crowd calendars and park recommendations, however. I find that by reading his day by day comments I am in a better position to judge whether I can NOT follow his advice on a particular day because of certain things we may want to do.

I'm sure both of them err in their estimates occasionally, but DH and I have never run into unexpected crowds, looked at each other and said "What on earth was Josh drinking??"

Easywdw for sure!!!!!! I did all of the planning for our trip last month. I followed everything Josh said. It was perfect and his crowd predictions were spot on. My family couldn't believe how empty the parks were during the peak season. Hopefully I get the chance to go back to wdw and will def be using easywdw again!

Touring Plans is the most accurate for best parks and anything else actually.

99.9% of the ppl who vote for EasyWDW prefer it because IT IS FREE.

If you already have a subscription to Tp I would most definitely go with it.

You are so incredibly wrong about this that I actually logged into my account to respond. People BEG Josh to put ads or a Donate button on his site, because they so value the information he provides that they WANT to pay him for it. I had a Touring Plans sub for years, and may still. I don't know, because I never use it. It was, what? $12 or something? It's hard to put a $$ value on what I'd pay Josh for a year of his site, but the information he provides is worth so much. Josh is a bit of a mystery and refuses to generate revenue from his site (for reasons that are none of anyone's business), but that doesn't make it less worthwhile. People who vote for easyWDW do so because they have found it to be more reliable. I know I have, over multiple trips.

That is about the most full of crap statement I've ever read on ths board. You must be related to Lentesa for even making a coment like that. So all these people who rave about EasyWDW only do it because it's free??? Just laughable statement. You must feel the need because you were duped into paying for advice when you could have had better for free!!!

We used Josh's EasyWDW site for an early August trip when it was hot and crowded and we were able to ride and enjoy everything we wanted. In multiple trips to DHS we were able to ride Toy Story Mania 7 times during this carzy busy timeframe. I'd be more than happy to pay Josh for the value of his site!!!

You are so incredibly wrong about this that I actually logged into my account to respond. People BEG Josh to put ads or a Donate button on his site, because they so value the information he provides that they WANT to pay him for it. I had a Touring Plans sub for years, and may still. I don't know, because I never use it. It was, what? $12 or something? It's hard to put a $$ value on what I'd pay Josh for a year of his site, but the information he provides is worth so much. Josh is a bit of a mystery and refuses to generate revenue from his site (for reasons that are none of anyone's business), but that doesn't make it less worthwhile. People who vote for easyWDW do so because they have found it to be more reliable. I know I have, over multiple trips.

I agree 100% with this.

This is absolutely not true for me. I use easyWDW because it has always, always, always been an accurate predictor of crowds and the Cheat Sheets are an amazing tool for touring the parks. Not to mention, Josh's writing style is definitely a plus :thumbsup2

Easywdw unless you are going the same week as me. If so then I highly recommend touring plans.

I chose EasyWDW for my last two trips and will be using it on my upcoming trip as well. I use it mainly for the crown calendars but I also use his park by park fastpass and ride strategy for arriving at the parks as well. Once I am done with his more popular rides I just wing it and ride what I want for the rest of the day. It always works well for us.

I'm glad someone asked this because I've been wondering the same thing! We've used Touring Plans for all of our trips to date but this time I'm torn between EasyWDW and Touring Plans. But since EasyWDW is getting so many favorable reviews, I may (*gasp*) switch for this trip and see how it goes.

I already know, though, that I'll be going against Josh's advice for the first day of our trip. MK is his park to avoid that day but we're going anyway, because Space Mountain will be down intermittently in September and that's the one ride my DD really, really, really wants to ride. It's scheduled to be down the rest of our trip, so we'll go to MK so she can ride it. The rest of the week, though, we'll be following Josh's advice and we'll see how it goes.

I love the idea of having side-by-side tests of both Touring Plans and EasyWDW, though! Hmmmm....I wonder if I could convince my husband that we need to do another trip so we can conduct a scientific experiment. After all, he is a science teacher, so it would be job-related and educational! :idea:

I love the idea of having side-by-side tests of both Touring Plans and EasyWDW, though! Hmmmm....I wonder if I could convince my husband that we need to do another trip so we can conduct a scientific experiment. After all, he is a science teacher, so it would be job-related and educational! :idea:

He'd probably tell you that for a true scientific test, you'd have to compare notes with another family using Touring Plans for the exact same dates. So, no extra trip for you. :rotfl2:

As a paying TP subscriber who has tested out their and Easy's recommendations over the course of three trips in the past two years... EasyWDW for sure.
I want Josh to add a donation button so we can fund him to go West and create EasyDLR.

I was really happy with TP last fall. I know I seem to bein the minority here....

He'd probably tell you that for a true scientific test, you'd have to compare notes with another family using Touring Plans for the exact same dates. So, no extra trip for you. :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

I'd just tell him that we have to split up -- me and one of our DDs would to one way, and he and the other DD would do the other way. Same park, same day...and then compare notes at the end. The only problem is that he is not good at recording data -- I obsessively note how long each posted standby wait was, how long we actually waited, etc., etc., etc. After all, you need lots of data to have a good science experiment! So maybe I should tell him he can stay home (after all, he's not as much of a Disney fan as I am...) and I should grab a bunch of my girlfriends who are all fellow Disney fanatics and we could conduct the experiment. Yeah...I'm liking this idea... :)

I like Touringplans.com better because they use actual statistical information gathered as accurately as possible by actual people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter