• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easy Christmas cookie recipes that won't break the budget...

Pixiedust34

<font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti
Would anyone be interested in sharing easy-to-bake Christmas cookie recipes with ingredients that are not too expensive? TIA!

One of my favorite cookies are really easy:

All you need is melting chocolate, mint extract (or mint chocolate melting chips - I think I have seen those somewhere), and ritz crackers.

Melt the chocolate, add some mint, , stir.
Put the Ritz crackers into the chocolate and completely coat. I usually scoop the crackers out with a large spoon and tap the bowl to get the excess chocolate off and back in the chocolate bowl.
Put the finished cookies on wax paper to dry and you're done! I think that freezing them makes them taste better.

They almost taste like Thin Mints. YUM!

i tried on the other day..

pb cookies
2 c. peanut butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs

bake at 375 for 8-10

they turned out great! my kdsi went nuts over them. cheap quick n easy thats what i like.

i heard of one like the mint ones from above, but you just put peanut butter on the ritz cover w chocolate

I made the BEST Oreo Truffles last year. I acutally got the recipe from someone here on the budget board. ;) I am hoping someone will chime in with the exact measurements because I can't remember the specifics:rolleyes1 ..but basically you grind up a package of oreos then mix them with cream cheese until the mixture is smooth. You roll them into little balls, then dip into melted chocolate. These were just crazy good. :upsidedow

i tried on the other day..

pb cookies
2 c. peanut butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs

bake at 375 for 8-10

they turned out great! my kdsi went nuts over them. cheap quick n easy thats what i like.

And the cheaper the Peanut butter the better the cookies.

Kae

And the cheaper the Peanut butter the better the cookies.

Kae

A fun twist on the cheapy peanut butter cookies, roll them in a ball, set them on the cookie sheet and press a Hershey's Kiss in the middle. mmmmm so good!!!! You could even try mint Kisses but I haven't done that so don't know how mint, chocolate and peanut butter would taste. :)

I made the BEST Oreo Truffles last year. I acutally got the recipe from someone here on the budget board. ;) I am hoping someone will chime in with the exact measurements because I can't remember the specifics:rolleyes1 ..but basically you grind up a package of oreos then mix them with cream cheese until the mixture is smooth. You roll them into little balls, then dip into melted chocolate. These were just crazy good. :upsidedow

I have the same recipe and I agree! They are yummy! My family/friends ask for this recipe all the time and I can't give it to them, otherwise they would show up at dinners, parties, etc with the same item as me!

I make the oreo truffles and some peanut butter ones every year for family. I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll post the recipe if it's not already here.

Monster Cookies... I made these last year and they were super easy and made a lot!

Ingredients:

* 3 eggs
* 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 (12-ounc) jar creamy peanut butter
* 1 stick butter, softened
* 1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips
* 1/4 cup raisins, optional
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large resealable plastic bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter