Easy breakfast a teenager can make?

DD will not eat cereal, wants real food and I don't cook in the mornings.

DD likes the hot pocket breakfast sandwiches
sausages wrapped in pancakes
I make french toast on the weekends and then she heats it and adds peanut butter & jelly
muffins with a banana
yogurt with Kashi crunch cereal
Fried egg sandwiches
Grilled cheese sandwiches
Sausage patties on a biscuit

I keep all this stuff in the freezer and she microwaves it, grabs a carton of chocolate milk (costco has chocolate milk - not milk drink)Hersheys also makes a chocolate milk in a carton that is grab and go.

I'll make up a batch of biscuits, french toast and pancakes and then just freeze. She adds cheese, meat etc. depending on what she is in the mood for.

I also make a breakfast pizza that she can heat and eat

It has hashbrowns as the crust
topped with sausage/bacon/ham, spinach and green onion
I use eggs to "set" it and then top with cheese.
She was eating that this morning.

Not that using a blender is quiet... but what about smoothies? Yogurt, fresh or frozen fruit and a splash of OJ? They even make frozen pre-packaged kits.. yoplait does one, and i think Jamba juice has one too. Very easy, but may be a bit loud if you are next to the kitchen.. :/

Oatmeal and apples, toast and nutella/peanut butter, or any leftovers are really easy and definitely mix up the "traditional breakfast" boring routine (which I am TOTALLY not a fan of! I eat leftovers on a regular basis for breakfast ;) )

My go to quick breakfast is Jimmy Dean D'Lites. There is one that has Canadian Bacon, poached egg white and cheese on a honey wheat muffin. It is a lot like the Egg McMuffin from Macdonalds but I think it tastes better and it is better for you. To make it even healthier I take the bacon off and you really don't miss it.

I like the idea of frozen omelets... I'll check that out. Thanks!

!

Seriously-have you ever visited the frozen Breakfast section of a grocery store? They are all cooked in toasters and microwaves. Its real simple:confused:

Look at some breakfast suggestions from Atkins Diet books or Dukan diet books.

Hard boiled eggs can be left in the refrigerator and require no cooking. Cottage cheese and yogurt, same thing. Carnation Instant Breakfast might work. Fruit and cheese might also work, too.

Also, savory quiches can be made ahead and then microwaved. I like bacon and cheese quiche myself.

Not sure why a teenager can make his own breakfast? By that age they should be able to do all of the above plus make bacon, eggs, omelets, pancakes, or french toast. But really, during the week, most people have something quick like above (cereal, or toast).
Yeah, really.... My 7 and 10 year old daughters wanted to make dinner the other night without any help. Were we scared? Yes, I texted my wife to see if I needed to pick up a pizza, LOL. I got home and there was a terrific BBQ chicken dinner with cheesey hashbrown potato casserole, brocolli, and cake for dessert. The only thing my wife did was turn the oven on for them. They did everything from scratch including the BBQ sauce and the cake and icing. We don't ever use bottled stuff or boxed stuff, everything is from scratch.

I couldn't believe the fantastic meal they made. In fact, it was better than my wife does BBQ chicken in the oven, LOL.

My son microwaves left overs for breakfast. He doesn't eat traditional breakfast food.

How about Nutella on whole wheat toast? With a glass of skim milk or orange juice?...

If you can find flax bread in your supermarket, it generally has protein and fiber which should help keep his blood sugar level.

Not sure why a teenager can make his own breakfast? By that age they should be able to do all of the above plus make bacon, eggs, omelets, pancakes, or french toast. But really, during the week, most people have something quick like above (cereal, or toast).

This... also, the whole parent and child are thinking about what to do about this and pondering what he could make? He's in h.s... he can cook or not or whatever, how does this even come up as a parental discussion?

I'm kind of perpetually surprised by the non-independence and hovering that seems to happen in other families.

"Quiche"

Spray pie plate with Pam- add fillings
Our favorite is:
canned mushrooms
chopped onion
cubed ham
shredded cheddar
black pepper

in a bowl whisk together
2 eggs
3/4 c bisquick
1 1/2 c milk

pour over fillings and bake at 375 for about 50 minutes or until golden.... this microwaves BEAUTIFULLY!

I guess I'm a bad mother too.. my kids have been making thier own breakfasts since about 2nd grade or so. I have two high schoolers.

Usually its cereal, bagels, etc. In my area, Eggo waffles are on sale for 99 cents this week. I just bought four boxes.

I found a lower cost Nutella option, so they can do toast and Nutella.

My younger daughter will still eat Go Gurt or those other drinkable yogurts.

Seriously-have you ever visited the frozen Breakfast section of a grocery store? They are all cooked in toasters and microwaves. Its real simple:confused:

Our store's frozen breakfast section is one shelf in a freezer and consists of nothing but Eggo Waffles. Apparently I live in the sticks.

This... also, the whole parent and child are thinking about what to do about this and pondering what he could make? He's in h.s... he can cook or not or whatever, how does this even come up as a parental discussion?

I'm kind of perpetually surprised by the non-independence and hovering that seems to happen in other families.

Sigh... reposting what I wrote on page three. ;)

"Of course he can make his own breakfast. He does it a lot, whenever he sleeps in past breakfast time. But, his cooking usually involves lots of sauteing, chopping, spices everywhere... He's very inventive in the kitchen.

And the kitchen is located RIGHT next to our bedroom.

So, risk of him starting fires aside, or being sleepy enough to cut off his fingers, it's going to be just plain noisy. I'd really prefer he didn't go near the stove.

Let's just say I'd be looking for similar solutions if it was my husband getting up an hour before the rest of us."

And I've gotten some great recipes, so I'm glad I posted! Thanks!

Our store's frozen breakfast section is one shelf in a freezer and consists of nothing but Eggo Waffles. Apparently I live in the sticks.

"Of course he can make his own breakfast. He does it a lot, whenever he sleeps in past breakfast time. But, his cooking usually involves lots of sauteing, chopping, spices everywhere... He's very inventive in the kitchen.

So, risk of him starting fires aside, or being sleepy enough to cut off his fingers, it's going to be just plain noisy. I'd really prefer he didn't go near the stove.

Let's just say I'd be looking for similar solutions if it was my husband getting up an hour before the rest of us."

He doesn't know to just be quiet? You couldn't just remind him people are sleeping at that hour if he doesn't?

That you'd do it if your husband was getting up just makes it seems as if this is what you do which... :confused3 Hey, it's your family, I just don't get it. My parents had no idea when I needed to get up in h.s., that was my problem, as was breakfast (though I don't do breakfast and never have so it wasn't anyone's problem, heh), if they'd have been all 'so, you have to get up early, let's think about what you can make so you don't cut yourself or make a lot of noise when you know people are sleeping next door,' I'd have thought they'd have lost their dang minds or been replaced by some June Cleaver body snatcher. To each his own, and I'm really not trying to be snarky, it just really surprises me, the level of involvmemt and overseeing in some families.

Do you really have reason to believe your son will start fires or chop off his fingers in the morning? Seriously?

My husband gets up at 3:15am. Never have I wondered how he will eat or get himself ready.

A couple of years ago while in NY we had an "egg sandwich" ... like an egg McMuffin except with regular toast.

Since then, we fix this regularly and it doesn't take much effort or "clanging" around the kitchen.

Put two pieces of bread in the toaster. Break two eggs into a small skillet, break yolks and swish around a bit - salt pepper. In a minute or so, it will be cooked and then just slide 2-3 pieces of deli ham underneath the egg to warm (it's already cooked). If you want cheese, put a slice on top of egg.

Butter the toast, add the egg/meat .... DONE. An egg sandwich that can be eaten on-the-go if necessary.

This process shouldn't take more then 5 minutes.

My kids drink Carnation Instant Breakfast and it seems to fill them up until lunch time. They just aren't hungry at 6:30 (when they have to eat).

He doesn't know to just be quiet? You couldn't just remind him people are sleeping at that hour if he doesn't?

That you'd do it if your husband was getting up just makes it seems as if this is what you do which... :confused3 Hey, it's your family, I just don't get it. My parents had no idea when I needed to get up in h.s., that was my problem, as was breakfast (though I don't do breakfast and never have so it wasn't anyone's problem, heh), if they'd have been all 'so, you have to get up early, let's think about what you can make so you don't cut yourself or make a lot of noise when you know people are sleeping next door,' I'd have thought they'd have lost their dang minds or been replaced by some June Cleaver body snatcher. To each his own, and I'm really not trying to be snarky, it just really surprises me, the level of involvmemt and overseeing in some families.

There's one thin wall between the bedroom and the kitchen. I can hear everything.

What's wrong with looking for breakfast ideas for family members? For that matter, what's wrong with having conversations with my 13yo, around planning for his first year of high school? I like to talk to him, he likes to talk to me. We talk a lot in this family.

Heck, we never shut up. :rotfl:

Do you really have reason to believe your son will start fires or chop off his fingers in the morning? Seriously?

My husband gets up at 3:15am. Never have I wondered how he will eat or get himself ready.

No, seriously, I'm NOT really very worried about that. :lmao: After all, he's already survived a number of kitchen accidents and it only took three years for the burner scar on his arm to fade. I know he'll be just fine. (I'm actually not being sarcastic, at all.)

Fainting in the shower is a bigger concern, since he still does that. So is wondering how he's going to manage in high school with an LD. Waiting to get his hearing assessed. Whether he'll need jaw surgery. Stuff like that. Meals are one of the few things I can actually plan ahead of time. And I'm happily making a long list of tasty ones right now.

I like cooking. So does the boy. Preparing meals together over the weekend and freezing them should be a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

I'm impressed by the range of foods people can be bothered to make for breakfast. In my house during the week, for the two of us (both work full time), it's a choice of cereal, yoghurt, fruit or toast (or a combination of the above). If it involves more than one plate/bowl and more than one knife/spoon, it's not happening.

YOu could make something similar to a burrito but do a "breakfast cup"

or breakfast muffins- line a muffin cup with a refrigerator biscuit. add bacon or sausage on bottom, add cheese or whatever preferred, cover with scrambled egg, cook.. These can probably be made before time ane then reheated...

How about peek a boo egg. Take piece bread, make hole in middle, grill one side, flip, add egg and let cook until ready

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter