Eastern or Western?

tinkgrl

Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein
Hi,

I would like to take a seven day cruise sometime in the near future. I have only taken 4 night cruises so far. I'd like to hear which is the better cruise, Eastern or Western & why?? Thanks

Allison

You'll get a lot of opinions on this. If I had to choose, I'd give a slight edge to the eastern route. Mostly because there is an extra day at sea. I also like the ports better. I do like Grand Cayman, but Key West and Cozumel are just so-so to me. I also find it hard to drag myself out of bed on the first morning in Key West, after travelling across the country and the inevitable late night out on the first night of the cruise.

I've done 2 western and 5 eastern, mostly because the eastern has been offered longer. When it comes right down to it, I'd take the one whose dates worked best for me, regarless of whether it was going east or west. If the date wasn't a consideration, I'd go with the eastern. Either way, I don't think there's a bad choice.

I've been on both Eastern and Western, I think the Western wins out because there are less at sea days. I liked KeyWest, it wasn't that early. In fact we went to Palo's brunch and figured we walked off all the food by dinner, so wouldn't need lunch. I loved Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Our only complaint...it was very hot, don't go in July! I also loved St. Thomas, we went to St. John's Trunk Bay.....BEAUTIFUL. I didn't care for St. Maarten that much.

I like the Eastern because I love those relaxing days at sea! You get one more on the Eastern. I also love St Maarten and would not want to miss it.

Hi,

Thanks!!! We like having the day @ sea when we go on the 4-day cruise. So Eastern sounds like what we'd like. Thanks!

Allison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter