Eastern Dis'ers I need your help!!

Mickeysfriend

Earning My Ears
Okay all you Disers from the East coast, (or anyone who wants to chime in) help me plan our summer vacation!! We are heading from Ontario to Nova Scotia and PEI this summer. We will be travelling by and staying in a motorhome. Where should we go, what should we see?! It will be myself, my DH, DD (13) and DS (11) We plan on taking 14-15 days from start to finish. I think we will travel day one just past Montreal and then day two to the Hopewell Rocks. We will probably rent a car and do the Cabot Trail one day. After that I'm stumped! :confused3 Any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

You've asked a pretty big question! You might find you want to narrow it down some ... there's a whole lot of Atlantic Canada in between you're starting and finish points. The only advice I can give you is book soon! I know alot of the RV parks here have seasonal campers and would have a limited number of available serviced sites.

Idf you are planning on doing the Cabot Trail MacLeod's Campground is gorgeous. We stay there every summer tent camping but they are about half rv sites as well. They are between Inverness and Cheticamp (where the Trail starts on the North side of the Island. You'll have to do some online research though about the car rental as neither town is a major centre, the nearest being at least an hour and half (and that's being speedy) away.

http://www.macleods.com/

If you want to do a run through the gorgeous Annapolis Valley (where I am :thumbsup2) you might check out Klahanie in Aylesford. It's pretty much the heart of the Valley and only 10 minutes from the highest tides in the world. And I'm biased because I live 3 minutes away from it. Stop and see me and get some strawberries, or raspberries, depending on when you arrive, at our upick. :rotfl:

http://www.klahaniekamping.com/

Have fun! Hope that helps.

If you are going to the Hopewell Rocks, I would stay at Fundy National Park. You will also need to make sure you are at the Rocks at low tide if you want to explore.

Another option for you would be to cross from Saint John to Digby on the ferry and then you could explore the Annapolis Valley in NS.

Just so you know I live in PEI and PEI is hosting the Canada Games in August and Cavendish is having a 3 day concert with Tim McGraw and Reba McIntyre in July. Summer here is going to be extremely busy for accomadations. If I were you, I'd book soon as it has in the paper the campgrounds are starting fill up now

As pp has mentioned the island will be hopping this summer but there are some really great spots that may not be in the hub of the action but give you a good island experience.

Two campgrounds-northshore- Cabot Provincial Park, Twin Shores Campground (private park) both have beautiful island beaches. Looking at a map both are close to the town of Kensington on the shore.

As another pp said you have lots of ground to cover.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other island questions. I am mostly familiar with the west end.

have fun planning.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! Keep em comin! Any tips on where to rent a car on/near the Cabot Trail?

Another Islander here! I didn't realize there were so many of us! :lmao: :thumbsup2 I have heard as well that the campgrounds are filling up quickly, especially around the Canada Games dates and the concert.

There is a lot to see on PEI, the Cavendish area is pretty busy, although the amusement parks might not be very interesting to your children, depending on what they are used to. I know that my nephews like it when I take them horseback riding. That may or may not be something different for you to try and see something local.

i dk what youre dates are but the tall ships are coming to halifax. its in july and wraps up august 1st i think i heard on ctv today. theres also the international busker fest in halifax normally the first 10 days of august- always good for a luagh or two. also depending on what you want to do magnetic hill in nb is going to have both ac/dc and bon jovi playing there this summer. july 1st to the 8th in halifax is the royal international tattoo. loads of acts from all over the globe, bands, choirs, pipes and drums, we used to have the gun run but i think they took that out. gymnasts, steel drum bands.

one thing even tho im a haligonian that i enjoy is going on the harbour hopper- its got wodnerful tidbits of info about halifax that even i didnt know:

http://murphysonthewater.com/harbourhopper/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter