eastern caribbean or mr in Nov?

castawaycayfans

DIS Veteran
We have a Eastern Caribbean booked in November but would like to try the mr and can't decide between two. We did the St Thomas/St Croix last Nov and loved it. Never been to the west coast, especially in Nov and nervous about trying it-how's the weather that time of year? Ports in Mexico? Is it easy to add visit to Disneyland? I have a DH, DD12 and DS7.Any info would be great! Thanks!

The west coast will be relatively cold in NOV. thats comparing it to 90-100 degrees in OK over the summer. There is an elevated risk of Hurricanes on the east coast. Disney tries there hardest to not disrupt vacations during hurricane season. There have been times when ports are switched or cancelled all together. That is very rare though. Taking a trip to the west coast for the first time, you may want to visit when it is hotter. It will be about 70 degrees with a cool breeze. But, it's all up to you. Have a great cruise! pirate:

The weather on the west coast in November can be really unpredictable. Occasionally, we will have a really warm Thanksgiving. It's usually cool by California standards, but it's much warmer than many other parts of the country that time of year! As for Mexico, November is my favorite time of year to visit. The weather is nice and warm, but not sweltering, and the nights are lovely.

It's very easy to visit Disneyland while cruising from LA. We took Prime Time Shuttle from the port to Anaheim after the cruise, and stayed at the Red Lion Inn for 2 nights (thanks to Priceline).

November is an ideal time to cruise the MR, but weather in SoCal can range from 60s to mid 80s. I live in SoCal so that is the ONLY reason I would ever choose to cruise the MR over the Eastern Caribbean. The ports/beaches on the MR can not compare to anything on the Caribbean side. Weather on the EC should be OK (unless there is a late season hurricane). We sailed to the EC on 12/6 and it was mid 80s with low humidity.

My sister took a Mexican Riviera cruise about 2 years ago. She said that one thing she didn't like was that the days onboard are chilly - meaning you won't be using the pool or sunning. If this is not something you do a lot while onboard, you should be fine. It was warm when they got to Mexico.

We did a TA cruise on dcl and there is so much to do inside the ship, it's not a big pain to go without the pool. But if getting a suntan and swimming are a big part of your cruise vacation, you might want to rethink doing a MR cruise b/c you probably won't do those things during your sea days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter