• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easter Week at Disneyland

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Well, since no one answered my other post regarding this topic, I figured I would re-phrase the title.

How are crowds in DL the week after Easter Sunday? We will be there from 4/16 to 4/19. Is it like WDW at Christmas or Fourth of July? I just want to know what I can expect and plan accordingly. Thanks!!!

1988 off site
1992 CB
1996 ALM
1998 CS
2000 GF June/July Honeymoon!!!
2001 Las Vegas - Caesar's
Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel
2001 Wilderness Lodge -one year anniversary!!!
2001 Pop Century!(Going for Christmas and New Year's Eve!!!!)

Sorry, I may not have the best answer but at least this will bump to the top for you.

I would expect it to be busy. Not as busy as Christmas at WDW, maybe more on par with 4th of July. We purposefully delayed our trip until the following weekend (20-23rd) to avoid the crowds. When I was in college, our break was the week after Easter and DL was always busy, but certainly I have seen busier.

Just have a good action plan and you should be okay!

According to the Birnbaum Disneyland guide book, the week before and the week after Easter experience some of the heaviest crowds of the year. I'm not certain how different it will be this year with the addition of DCA & DD. We are arriving on 4/20 and I'm anticipating crowds.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Hi scanne,

Expect the crowds to be heavy at that time. I've been there a couple of times during Easter week, and Disneyland was very busy.

I can't compare it to WDW, though, since I was there only once, and it was right before the 4th of July, and the crowds there didn't seem to be too crowded to me.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My DL Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Font Hints

It gets really busy there. We went every year for several years, until the Little League schedule interfered with my son's Spring Break. Be prepared for long lines and lots of kids. (Why does "The Happiest Place on Earth" always have so many children crying and parents screaming?).

The weather can vary quite a bit, too. One spring we got 90+ degree days every day we were there. Other times it's cooler. Check the web right before you go.

My spring break schedule was always: go to the park for early admission, go back to the hotel around lunchtime (eat & maybe take a nap), go back to the park until it closes, repeat the schedule the next day. We usually spent 3 days, and were able to relax and not worry about running around like crazy people.

Have fun!

Gary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter