Easter time - Disneyworld

K

kazngaz

My family and I are planning a trip for the Easter period / we would like to know if anyone has been at this time of year before because we would like to know how large the queues are ! ! ! Thanks a lot in advance.

I can't answer your question, but I'd love to know too, as my DH and I just decided last week to take an impromptu trip to the World over Easter holidays (we get 2 days off from the university where I work and he goes to school). We really want to ride Expedition Everest, and are willing to make the 18 hours drive each way to do it! LOL!

I've heard in the past that it's the second busiest time of year - only Christmas is busier - but I don't know if this is really true or not. I only know that we didn't have any trouble getting a reservation for 2 for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern character meal for Easter Sunday when I called yesterday (though she did say if we were a party bigger than 2, she wouldn't have had anything).

All reports seem to agree that it is one of the busiest times of the year. Get to the parks early, take afternoon breaks, have your touring plans in hand, etc. etc. etc.

we've went over Easter 2 of the last 3 years and will be again this year. It's very busy, but that adds to the excitement as well. Get in early and stay all day!!!! Make sure you plan, plan, plan!!!! Write down what you absolutley want to do and then work around that schedule with fill-ins. Many of our best memories were things we did not originally have scheduled in. Relax and have a good time. A bad, rushed time at Disney is still better than good days at most other places.

We will also go at that time. I am hoping that it is not too wild but cant be any worse than the crowds in August with over 100 degree weather. That was rough but still worth it.

Might see you there. Have fun.

Wevwhere there years ago, it was crowded!!!

We were there during the Easter season of 2000. It was VERY busy. However, the landscaping during this time of year is BEAUTIFUL and we really liked the Easter parade at MK.

As many have already posted, be sure to have a list and touring plan (from the Unofficial Guide if possible) of the things that you want to see. BE SURE TO HIT THE PARKS 1/2 HOUR BEFORE OPENING. The first hour (maybe the first two hours) are the BEST time to tour during peak seasons such as this. By 10:30am the parks become so crowded it's hard to walk.

Make sure to get your dining reservations made ASAP. If you wait until you're at WDW, many places will be booked up already.

Also, keep in mind that large crowds and long lines make folks very cranky. Even if you don't get upset, those around you might. If you go with the mindset that cranky folks, long lines and big crowds aren't going to get you down, then that's half the battle.

As was stated before, a crowded time at Disney is better than being at home.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter