Easter Mass

mrp

Earning My Ears
Does anyon know for sure if the Contemporary Resort will bw having Catholic Mass on Easter Sunday? Also, what time are the MAsses? We will be staying off sight this year. Are we able to go to Mass there even if we do not have a resort sign in our windshield? We have PS for 1900 Park Faire at 10:30. Should I park at the GF and take the monorail to the Contemporary or park at the Contemporary and drive over to the GF for breakfast?

WELCOME TO THE DIS, MRP!!!!
If you come here often enough, you WILL become addicted---TRUST ME ;) !

:wave2:

Catholic Easter Mass in the Ballroom at Contemporary...8:00, 10:15. We'll be there ourselves.

kevin

If they have it again...I would DEFINITALY park at the GF!!!! We went last year and it is awsome!!! really inspiring to see over 2,000 people gathered to celebrate!! They had 2 masses last year and I believe they were at 8:00 and 10:15 . The backlog of cars is incredible!! We were on the main road leading into the Contemporary for 30 minutes just to get in!!! People were letting passengers out of their cars at around 10:10 and Running up the "grassy knoll" in easter dresses!!! They had CM's in a panic and 'shooed' all the people back into there cars and issused a 'remain calm' order to all!!! Parking was anywhere you could find open blacktop.
Once inside it was a true spiritial booster too see soooooo many people make such a total effort to attend!! Sadly I will miss it this year as I am not arriving until the 12th!
Go and enjoy it ! It's a great way to renew your faith in society!!!

PS they have at least 8 places to receive communion and it only took about 20 minutes! The many, many volunteers from the parish were so kind and gracious to everyone!

Originally posted by "thegirls"
If they have it again...I would DEFINITALY park at the GF!!!! !

If you're not a guest in the GF why would you park there? Park in the MK lot and just take the monorail to the Contemporary. After Mass just walk over the MK for the rest of the day.

Please don't confuse a new member! She states she is dining at the GF and therefore has the ability to park in their lot with out the admonishment of the self-appointed disney police!!!!

Thanks for clarifying that she was dining at the GF. I didn't see that anywhere in her post and thought the same as Lewisc. However, she may be limited to a 3 hour pass just like at the Polynesian with the holiday. Self parking at the GF is farther than TTC parking and taking the shuttle to the monorail. I think I'd do the TTC parking lot instead.

I like the idea of parking at TTC, but what time does the parking lot open? We are planning on going to the 8 am mass on our way out of town (heading over to port canaveral).

Did you confirm the times with the Contemporary? I was concerned since I couldn't find it on Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine's website. (I was at the Contemp. last year for Mass and was hoping that they would still have them there this year)

Thanks.

Be prepared for the CM's at TTC to ask for Park hoppers. This particular CM was standing on the ground level, near the entrance to the Monorail ramp. We told her that we were going to the Contemporary for Mass and not to the MK and she said that Disney wasn't having any Catholic Masses. I think she was confused because they had eliminated the weekly Masses at the Poly a few months prior. There was also at least one Protestant Service that day too so we must have been just some of the first people to hop the monorail for that purpose. I think she was just trying to be helpful.........but I didn't want to argue so said something like I'm pretty sure there is but we'll take our chances.

This year, we're staying at the Contemp. so that will be really convenient! (especially for my older parents)

Thanks for all of your responses. I will have to go to the 8:00 Mass due to my 10:30 PS. My kids will not want to get moving that early being it is Easter Sunday and we always have an egg hunt for them. Is the limit for parking at the GF 3 hours? If so maybe I will have to park at the TTC. I'm sure that parking lot will be a mad house later inthe day. We purposely are not going into any of the parks that day. I have read many threads where they sometimes close due to filled to capacity. In the meantime, I have to start getting things around here ready. I am sooooo ready especially with the chilly weather today again in NJ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter