Easter Events 2016?

BlondeAppetit

DIS Veteran
We will be in WDW for Easter Sunday.

Could anyone share with me what special events will be happening?

I have heard of an egg hunt in Epcot, the Easter Bunny in MK, and even fun activities at various resorts.

Does everything occur on Easter or activities available to enjoy the week prior?

The Easter egg hunt at EPCOT usually runs about 7-10 days prior to Easter. We have done it in '14 and '15. I hope we can do it again. The eggs are about a foot tall (the first year I was looking for regular size eggs and didn't even notice the large ones Hope you have a wonderful visit. If you want, I can try to post a picture.
Sarah

I'm curious too! We will be there the week prior to Easter. Are there decorations? How does the egg hunt work at Epcot?

I'm curious too! We will be there the week prior to Easter. Are there decorations? How does the egg hunt work at Epcot?
You can do it without purchasing anything, but they have a map of World Showcase (WS) and then stickers of characters (it was less than $6 last year). As you go to each country, you match up the sticker representing the egg you found to the country where you found it. For example , Thumper's sticker last year was for the African Outpost. I have enjoyed it very much. image.jpeg

Sorry, but I forgot to add:

After you have placed all the stickers, you take it to one of the gift shops in WS near the bridge to Future World. They stamp it and you get to choose a little prize. And you get to keep the map with the stickers. Not an expensive souvenir at all.

I happened to watch an old dis unplugged they did for easter weekend from Swan and Dolphin and it sounded like they had a lot going on also.

i'm lightly planning on MK morning until afternoon and then switching over to epcot for the easter egg hunt.

I am curious if you eat at the Grand Floridian for example, can you participate in the meet and greets?

You don't have to eat there, or be a guest there, to participate -- it's just easier if you're already there.

Last year we took the boat from Fort Wilderness (where we stayed) over to the Contemporary after the candy scramble. There were a few arts and craft stations set up, M&G with the Easter Bunny and Chip & Dale, 2 games with prizes (my girls all won a metal Disney princess lunchbox/purse ting) and an Easter egg cookie decorating station -- all free! And it was almost empty. There was also plenty of candy left on the lawn from the scramble, but we got so much at our resort I wouldn't let me kids pick any up.

This is our second year in a row going over Easter weekend. Right now we have plans to eat at Whispering Canyon early and then we'll enjoy the Easter activities at the Lodge before heading over to Epcot for the rest of the day.

Anyone have any more pictures of previous Easter events? Or the Easter Bunny? I've seen some HORRIFYING Easter Bunnies!! :scared:

They also have Easter services in the ballrooms at the Contemporary - both Catholic and Protestant.

Laurie

Just in case anybody is looking to venture a little further than WDW...At Tokyo Disney, they celebrate Easter from March till June. It's a really lovely celebration of spring with some bunnies and eggs thrown in. Perfect for non-Christians like ourselves. :) We did the Easter egg hunt there - looks very similar to what they do at Epcot.
Easter.JPG

I have called and searched the sites for brunch information for Easter 2016..nothing at all! When will then announce brunch for Grand Floridian & Contemporary? We want to go to 8 am mass @ Contemporary, and they head to Grand Floridian for characters, unless we should go right to the parks, and do characters later @ brunch? We were thinking to try and do brunch at 1pm @ GF? What do you suggest?

i'm lightly planning on MK morning until afternoon and then switching over to epcot for the easter egg hunt.

If you want the map, be careful because I've heard it can sell out right before Easter. We did it last year on Good Friday and were able to purchase the maps, but I think someone said by the next day they were sold out.

We stayed at WL last year for Easter. We did the candy scramble which my kids enjoyed. They set up different candy scramble areas based on age. It wasn't terribly crowded and there's lots of candy. Mickey and Minnie were there dressed in their Easter best. Minnie even helped my youngest DS put candy in his bag during he scramble! Mrs. Bunny alternated with Mickey and Minnie for the meet and great in the morning.

Also, the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian had some gorgeous decorated chocolate eggs. A definite must see if you are there during Easter.

Depending on your resort (I'm not sure if it's just deluxes), you can put together an Easter basket, they will hold it and then they will deliver it to you room Easter morning.

We also met Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny at MK the Thursday before Easter, so they are there before Easter, I'm just not sure when they start.

Are the characters dressed in their spring/easter outfits only on Easter?? Or the days before or after too?? Hoping to avoid MK on Easter but would still like to see "easter" characters if possible? Do they dress differently at the other parks too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter