Easter Dinner menu

I have 30 people coming over for Easter dinner. We were going to have turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc....

Yesterday, I thought, screw it. So I emailed everyone to say we're ordering Chinese food. :yay:

Carved Black Oak Ham, Carved Herb Encrusted Rib-Eye, Au Jus, Roasted Pork Loin, Peach Demi, Traditional Stuffed Chicken Breast, Giblet Gravy, Grilled Faroe Salmon Filets, Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, Pasta Primavera, Fresh Green Bean Amandine, Italian Wedding Soup, Fresh Fruit & Cheese Display, Salad Bar, Assorted Chef Composed Salads, Colored Easter Eggs, Dessert Extravaganza with Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Coffee, Hot or Iced Tea.

Copied and pasted from the restaurant where we'll be eating from a buffet after church.

Seafood buffet since just us this weekend. I feel guilty not opening my house up but I'll get over it with lobster :) Who am i kidding, I'm sure people will end up coming over

lobster
crab legs
spicy shrimp
loaded mashed potatoes
roasted broccoli and brussel sprouts
cheddar biscuits

peach cobbler
peanut butter cake

Well, I baked the ham 2 weeks ago and put it in the freezer, so it's pretty much ready to go. I'll put some fresh boiled cabbage, potato salad, devilled eggs, corn on the cob, olives, and stuffed celery sticks with it. For dessert, key lime pie and coconut pie (unless DD21 decides to make a coconut cake, that is!)

The truth is I haven't even thought of it yet! It will just be our family of 5 plus my mom who is coming up for the weekend. The only thing I know I am making is a strawberry shortcake, but that is DH's birthday cake request.

I did a turkey at Thanksgiving, a ham at Christmas and no one ate. DS was being picky and DH was really sick. But after eating leftovers for lunches for 2 weeks with the turkey (I froze in portions and pulled out what I needed daily) and a week with the ham, I am over both right now.

So, probably hamburgers, fries, salad.

Ham
sweet potato casserole for me
potato salad for DH
deviled eggs
cole slaw

and I dont know what else yet...

We're going to my sister in law's house

Ham
mashed potatoes
whatever she makes for a veggie
rolls
I'm bringing over deviled eggs and making a fruit trifle
She's making a yellow cake with chocolate frosting
And I think someone else is bringing pineapple upside down cake

We are going to visit DS19 at his college. He wants to go to a Mexican or Chinese restaurant.

Either Friday or Saturday I will do a more traditional Easter dinner here. Mostly so I can have leftovers and make scalloped potatoes and ham!
Ham
Potatoes in some form
Corn maccaroni casserole
Green beans and/or asparagus
Rolls
Some sort of salad
Dessert??

We ate there earlier this month for the first time, it was really good. Dessert was super yummy!!!!
Enjoy!!!

We are doing our traditional Italian meal:
Baked ziti/ meatballs
Salad
Garlic bread
Cheesecake
Devil Dog cake (they don't sell them here anymore)
And too many desserts as usual ( It's also my parents 56th wedding anniversary so an extra cake for that).

Congrats to Parents on their 56th Wedding Anniversary! :yay:That's quite an achievement! :)

Baked ham (not spiral)
Homemade macaroni and cheese (I use 5 cheeses and it's very rich and decadent)
green beans (not casserole!)
harvard beets
corn
rolls & butter

That sounds so good. Would you mind sharing your macaroni and cheese recipe?

I'm making
Ham
Sweet Potatoes
Green beans
Dressing
Macaroni Salad - I may change this to macaroni and cheese and make potato salad
Deviled Eggs
Rolls
Brownies
Pig pickin' cake
Peach Cobbler

That sounds so good. Would you mind sharing your macaroni and cheese recipe?

I'm making
Ham
Sweet Potatoes
Green beans
Dressing
Macaroni Salad - I may change this to macaroni and cheese and make potato salad
Deviled Eggs
Rolls
Brownies
Pig pickin' cake
Peach Cobbler

What is a Pig Pickin cake

I'm not cooking Easter dinner. :banana: We're taking my Mom out to a local restaurant instead.

We just became vegetarians so we won't be doing the traditional meal this year. We'll go my parents and eat sides!

We're having: salad, spiral ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted vegetables, dinner rolls, ziti with meatballs (there are a few who won't eat ham). Dessert is two dozen assorted cupcakes from my favorite bakery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter