Easter Baskets - how old is too old?

Another set of married adults (with baby on the way!) whose mothers still make them baskets!

45 & married, mom still fills a basket for me. I fill one for her as well. We hide them too!:rotfl:

Married and 33. My mom still makes us an Easter Basket! My DD is 15 and I don't intend on not making her one! She enjoys it! My grandmother is 82 and still makes her ds and my mom an Easter Basket!:dance3:

:) I will be 43 this year and I still have my original basket--the one and only Easter basket my Mom and Dad ever used---they still give us Easter gifts even though we no longer use the basket. I have it in my closet---ahhhh, they just don't make baskets like they used to. My Brother will be 41 and he still has his.

And yes, we get a Christmas Stocking too.

I still get one at 34:) Dove chocolate and some pretty lotions/etc - nothing big but makes me feel special:)

I also make one for DH.

I'm 29 and I still get one, too :goodvibes. I know it makes my mother happy to shop for candy and trinkets, so I don't mind in the least!

Me and DH fill ones for each other. We usually go to the store together and one of us goes to the back and one stays in the front. we shop for each other and then meet in the starbucks at Targey!

I figure when the kids head off to college.

I am trying to figure out when I will quit hiding plastic easter eggs. I put extra candy in each one and hide them around the house.
I'm thinking when my youngest is 13.

I asked my 12 year old and he says that when he starts making more money than me we can switch roles. Until then he wants his jelly beans! :rotfl2:

On the rare occasion that my parents have their three grown daughters home, they still put on a fabulous egg hunt.. Money eggs only and I never find the big cash. (Big sis still helps hide the eggs!) Hmm.. Strategy, I think.

And, regarding the basket. If the EB dare pass me by, he better back that fluffy bottom up or I may go all Yo Sammity Sam on him!

I'm 30 and my parents still make an easter basket for me (and DH). Up until DD was born 2 years ago, they still did an easter egg hunt for me, DH & my younger brother (26). Instead of candy, they put money in the eggs. :banana:

They did the traditional hiding of the baskets until I got married at 21. After 21 years of hiding easter baskets, my dad got RIDICULOUSLY good. It took me the better part of the morning to find mine (though I always somehow found my brother's within the first hour).

My mom stopped making me an Easter basket when I was probably 15, but she still gave me an Easter present until I moved out of the house...it was usually a video game or book, etc...just not in a basket. I don't get anything for Easter from her now.

My MIL still makes a basket for my DH, his brother, and me every year and we are all in our 30s. She fills them with candy, lotions, chap stick, bath gel, stuff like that.

This will be my DD's first Easter. I plan to make her an Easter basket until I am no longer able. I think it is fun. I haven't bought her basket yet, I have already bought some stuff to put in it.

Last year, my kids were still looking for Easter baskets...at ages 18,16 and 14! We still color eggs as well. I usually just put a bit of candy in their baskets, something I know they like. But for years, they had to hunt for their baskets...I would leave them clues (when they were old enough to read) and you could hear them running up and down the stairs. :rotfl:

I was still going to buy them candy, but not bother with the baskets and Easter grass and all that. In fact, if we do not have any grass I'm going to skip it. We have a beagle puppy that eats anything that does not move so I'm pretty sure he'd eat the plastic grass.
Think they'll care if the grass is missing?

Oldest is almost 19 and still LOVES to find his basket. Usually try to do not all candy to make it more teen-friendly. Ex. my DD15 got a pair of flats in her basket and DS18 got a video game.

I was still going to buy them candy, but not bother with the baskets and Easter grass and all that. In fact, if we do not have any grass I'm going to skip it. We have a beagle puppy that eats anything that does not move so I'm pretty sure he'd eat the plastic grass.

I wouldn't care if the grass was missing. I do use grass in my Dh's but I just use the same grass year after year. We pack it away with the Easter baskets and other spring stuff.

I never use the shredded plastic grass anymore. I get pretty green tissue paper and crumple it up and fill the bottom of the baskets with that. Looks great and much less mess.

When my oldest got married and left home, I stopped doing an Easter Basket for her. My youngest is in Grad school and I ship her basket to her at school. You are never too old for an Easter Basket or a Christmas Stocking. DH and I do them for each other. :)

I'm 43 married with lids and my mother still makes a basket for my wife and I, sad but true, actually I love chocolate so I really don't mind

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter