Easter and The Year of Wishes… food allergy princess goes to Tokyo Disney! -June 2016 TR

Then as we walked around, we noticed another show going. We were not sure what the show was, but we saw our favorite chipmunks on the stage and there were seats available, so we went in. Lots of dancing and singing in colorful costumes!

27250289094_cbf3424fa3_z_d.jpg

27786403361_2f501916fe_z_d.jpg

27250288884_5eb881c75e_z_d.jpg

27786402491_ce47359240_z_d.jpg

Later I checked and found this was Minnie Oh! Minnie show, though I did not feel like the show was just centered on Minnie. At one point they encouraged audience to join the dancing too.
:dance3:

Last edited:
Then we walked back to Tomorrowland, as it was our time to use the FastPass for Monsters, Inc. ride. Now this was fun! I should have explained DD what the ride was about though, as she did not get it the first time. But I did not know much either till I was on the ride. Later when we went back for the second ride, DD enjoyed it more.

27786403261_decb78f94e_z_d.jpg

As we walked around, we noticed Hippity Hoppity Springtime parade was starting! We did not try to get a great spot by sitting and waiting for hours like some people do, but we were in the center garden area and were still able to view the parade. A CM noticed DD, and guided her to move close to the fence too, while I stood in the back.
Those floats were so seriously cute!!! :love:

27250289034_6987a265b2_z_d.jpg

27786403121_56b7bbba13_z_d.jpg

Minnie and Mr. White Rabbit came first, and we did not get a good look.

27250288774_66a4322fd3_z_d.jpg

27786403101_ee56a82bdb_z_d.jpg

27786403051_dc823e3718_z_d.jpg

When the egg race was going on, Mickey’s float stopped close to us, and we had a good view of him.

27250289004_02d379c044_z_d.jpg

27786402941_31bcb5d65e_z_d.jpg

Cute tail, Mickey! :thumbsup2

27250288674_2e0b3f4671_z_d.jpg

27250288944_4b653d11f8_z_d.jpg

27786402241_90ec0a66a1_z_d.jpg

27786402991_e18156b6ae_z_d.jpg

27250288924_c011902e79_z_d.jpg

27786402741_4a3e97a45a_z_d.jpg

Reading along!
Glad you were able to find so many allergy friendly meals/snacks for DD!
Looks like a great, and laid back day at the parks so far! Love it! Those easter floats are so cute!!

Reading along!
Glad you were able to find so many allergy friendly meals/snacks for DD!
Looks like a great, and laid back day at the parks so far! Love it! Those easter floats are so cute!!

Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

Tokyo Disney makes it easy for me to search the allergen info on their web. And even though the selections are limited, there is always something for DD to eat. But I would think the things could be a little trickier if she was allergic to something besides the major allergens.

And I was able to enjoy the park without planning out the entire day's schedule, because we went there during off-season. :)

When the parade was over, I told DD we were having an early lunch. Our day started early, and I wanted to beat the lunch crowd at the restaurant. I chose to go to Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. I chose this place because: 1) I love Alice in Wonderland, 2) No reservations required, 3) They have low-allergen kid's plate.

27250288904_e36446996d_z_d.jpg

27761438732_8ce76dc1c9_z_d.jpg

This place was so cute, I was in love with the theme.:lovestruc

27250774814_4e75151bb7_z_d.jpg

I could see those cards working hard for the queen! :laughing:

When I asked to order the low-allergen plate, they called the manager for me. She came over and asked about DD’s allergies. She took the info and said their low-allergen plate should be fine, and warned me about the possibility of cross-contamination. Then she placed the order for us.

27250774264_a938e74ae7_z_d.jpg

It took them a while to prepare DD’e meal. I had thin sliced steak with rice, so I shared my rice with her while she waited. DD was happy and excited to be in this cute restaurant…and hungry. She ate most of my rice and I should have stopped her…because when her plate came, she could not finish her own meal. She liked most of her lunch, but said the pork was dry and hard. I tried it, and yes, it was. I told her she did not have to eat that.

27250774594_dc0df30a23_z_d.jpg

I would have loved to have the un-birthday cake. It did not look too big and I was sure I could finish it. But I did not want to eat it by myself while all DD had for dessert was jelly, which she does not like much. I could not resist getting this cute vanilla mousse in the souvenir cup, though. The manager checked the ingredients for me, and this had eggs in it. So DD could not share this dessert with me, but I told her she could have the cup. One problem was…since the cup was not nicely packed and boxed, I had to wrap it with whatever I had to carry it around.

While we were eating, I noticed the line for the restaurant had gotten much longer. I was glad we got there as soon as the parade was over. I saw a family decided to get a table first, and CM asked them to go get the food first. They seemed very unhappy that they could not get a table and wait, while other family member is getting the food. But this was the rule there…a CM would take you to a table after you paid for the food.

After lunch, we stopped by It’s A Small World next door. DD was not impressed by this ride at WDW, so I was going to skip it. But she said she wanted to go. The line was short, and we went in. It is a cute ride, and the song sung in Japanese is quite cute too. DD seemed to have enjoyed it more than the last time.

27761438552_eeb91af6d5_z_d.jpg

When we came out of the ride, it was raining. But it was not too bad. I had a small umbrella with me, and the rain was not bad enough to use the ponchos I brought. I told DD we were going back to the hotel for a break. On any normal day DD would not need a nap, but I needed her to take a nap if she wanted to stay up late. I told her nap or no park, so she did not oppose it. ;)

We walked towards the front gate, and when we got to World Bazzar, a CM was showing magic in front of the Magic Shop. She showed several magic, and let the kids participate too. DD joined for the last magic, and turned 1 little sponge into 4 little sponges. She was amazed! :wizard:

27761438962_505d21a56d_z_d.jpg

As we exited out World Bazzar, we saw Chip and Dale. Suzy and Perla, Tweedle Dee and Dum. DD wanted to meet especially Chip and Dale. But it was not easy…there is no line for those meet and greet, and DD, who is used to wait for her turn patiently, was not getting a chance to meet them. The people surrounding the characters were mostly young ladies, and they were serious about meeting the characters, they were not going to let a kid come in front of them. And then soon it was time for the characters to leave… :(

I checked the shuttle schedule, and we had time before the next bus. We went inside the shops at World Bazaar, checked some things. We liked the pillows…Mickey-shaped macaroon cookie pillow, giant candy-shaped Minnie pillow, huggable plush pillows… DD and I especially loved the huggable Stitch pillow. I told DD that I would think about it…

Then DD wanted to go back to the Magic Shop. There was no one showing magic in front, but we went inside to see what they got there. There was another CM showing magic at the counter inside. I asked what would be the easiest magic even a clumsy 6-year-old could do?:rolleyes: The CM assured me the magic book would be the easiest and even DD could do it. It’s a book that shows blank, drawn, and colored pages. I think they had 3 versions, Mickey, Frozen, and maybe Pooh? I am not sure about the third one. DD chose the Mickey book, I thanked the CM for all the shows and help, and we left.

27607539090_3870bc94e1_z_d.jpg

Can DD do this magic? Well, yes. But she is not smooth and pretty much gives away how this book works when she does. I am trying to teach her to do it better…:laughing:

Back at the hotel, DD was not going to sleep easy. I understand, she was just too excited. But she finally did and I let her sleep longer than I planned, because she needed it. When she woke up, I asked her to wear the Snow White dress I brought from home. She liked the dress she was wearing, but reluctantly agreed to change.

When we got back to the park, it was about 4 pm. We saw the same characters at the entrance. We saw Suzy and Perla, and they noticed the little Snow White and gave her hugs. DD asked me why it was so much easier this time to meet them…is it because of the dress? Yes! Little kids dressed as Disney characters can get more attention! Like I always tell her…”mother knows best!” ;)

27940679965_e5dbef54cf_z_d.jpg

Then Dale noticed DD and came to hug her too. But getting Chip’s attention was not easy, as he was again surrounded by the young ladies. So I handed over my camera to the CM, asked to take a photo for us. This way Chip would come to us! :)

Got the hugs and all happy, we walked to Tomorrowland. There we went in Star Tours. Oh, this was fun! At first DD did not get the settings, and I had to explain the robot’s conversations to her, but then she had fun! I did not know BB-8 would be appearing, and that was a good surprise too. When we came out, we were both humming the Star Wars theme song. :darth:

Now DD really wanted her popcorn. We were looking for the Stitch bucket, but we did not see it in the park. We were entering Westernland and were talking about going back to Fantasyland to get the cute Dumbo bucket, then we saw Olaf bucket with salt flavor popcorn! I told her we were getting only 1 bucket, and we could get Dumbo and come back for the salt flavor popcorn. But she said she wanted the Olaf bucket. I think she did not want to walk back and force, and just wanted to have her popcorn right there. Well, we love Olaf too, so I let her have it.

It’s a cute bucket for sure…but later I regretted getting this one. Packing this bucket is such a pain. Olaf’ arms can move, but I had to pack him carefully so that those twigs would not break! Olaf safely made it home, but if we have a chance to go back to TDR…Olaf will not be joining us! So we will be using this bucket at home on the Disney movie nights, but Olaf would not lay flat on his belly…

27863227442_85c0f6f792_z_d.jpg

Anyway DD was all happy and we went on to Big Thunder Mountain. I think I got FastPass for it.

Then we walked through Snow White’s grotto.

27273246243_cb8bc26c88_z_d.jpg

27273246713_84ec2c0d1e_z_d.jpg

We sang to the wishing well…all while DD kept stuffing her mouth with popcorn.

Then we went to Cindrella’s Fairy Tale Hall in the castle. They have some beautiful art works there.

27273259703_f57ef5b2ec_z_d.jpg

27273261793_cbd20b8a76_z_d.jpg

27273248663_905e01024a_z_d.jpg

DD did not care much about those arts, but she did try on the glass slipper!

27273251453_79d551e7a1_z_d.jpg

27906536076_7a99d451cc_z_d.jpg

Hello, Jaq Jaq and Gus Gus!

27661855730_c72a0a8fed_z_d.jpg

We rode Pinocchio’s Daring Journey. Now this ride…I felt so odd. The ride moved a lot faster than any other story-telling rides we had tried. We got in, and we were out before we knew!

27273245363_ccb6c2e0c4_z_d.jpg

27940679815_e2b487740a_z_d.jpg

Next we rode Alice’s tea cup ride. That got me a bit dizzy…

Then we walked to ToonTown. I wanted to get a good look before it got dark.

27906536046_8ee8a05a8e_z_d.jpg

We went into the Goofy’s house, not knowing there was a paint game. Then DD wanted to check out Donald’s boat, but there were not much to do there. Then we went in Minnie’s House too.

27940679465_3b6b222bc1_z_d.jpg

27940680035_8eff982c29_z_d.jpg

Cheese!!! :D

I was hoping Meet Mickey would not have a long line, but the wait time posted was 60 minutes… I love meeting the characters and have spent a lot of time for meet & greet on the previous Disney trips, but I have decided and told DD that we were not doing that this time. We would see the characters walking around, and would not stay in the long line. So no meeting Mickey this time!

We rode Gadget’s Go Coaster, which was a quick ride. I thought it was good ride for a kiddie coaster, and overheard a grown man behind us saying this was the best coaster ride!

We walked around the area a bit more, but looking at the map now, looks like we did not cover the entire ToonTown.

27661855830_c2003b118f_z_d.jpg

We went back to Fantasyland. We got in line for the Dumbo ride, and a CM warned us that the parade would start while we were riding. Some people left with this warning, but we stayed. Sure enough, the Electrical Parade started! We saw the parade while we were flying. When the ride was over, we stayed in the area to see the parade. It was beautiful…DD did not get the best view as she is short, but still got to see some.

27940679695_8feb6b9097_z_d.jpg

27906535926_ed70ed3dd2_z_d.jpg

27863647931_f9ee9505c5_z_d.jpg

27940679745_a34ac9839f_z_d.jpg

27661855590_e029e4e9b8_z_d.jpg

27388965464_3888bc79da_z_d.jpg

27906536326_9ab6e0da64_z_d.jpg

27906535856_18c82f19a6_z_d.jpg

27388969504_766d01a912_z_d.jpg

What a great afternoon!
I can't wait to eat at the Alice restaurant!! SUPER EXCITED about that, glad that the allergy meal was decent too!
That's really too bad that the older girls wouldn't give DD a chance to get in there! I LOVE meeting my characters, but if there's a kid around, I'll usually try and let them go first (in a non- line up environment) usually it's not the end of the world if I don't see someone, but to kids it might be!
Glad she got some love on the way back in!
Beautiful electric parade photos!! I'm also really excited to see the similarities/differences between WDW & TDL's in person!

What a great afternoon!
I can't wait to eat at the Alice restaurant!! SUPER EXCITED about that, glad that the allergy meal was decent too!
That's really too bad that the older girls wouldn't give DD a chance to get in there! I LOVE meeting my characters, but if there's a kid around, I'll usually try and let them go first (in a non- line up environment) usually it's not the end of the world if I don't see someone, but to kids it might be!
Glad she got some love on the way back in!
Beautiful electric parade photos!! I'm also really excited to see the similarities/differences between WDW & TDL's in person!
Oh, Alice restaurant is a MUST! That place could not be any cuter! :cutie:
My steak was pretty good. The dessert cup was good too, jut too small. The plastic liner cup did not go all the way to the bottom of the cup. And it's really a tiny cup!

I feel the same way about meeting the characters. Let the kids go first...the little ones still believe they are real.
But people in Japan seem to love Disney and the characters in whole new different level. They are there to see the characters, and everyone is trying to get a chance to take photos. The CM was saying there was no line, and I knew that. DD was intimidated by the people and did not dare to go in front of them. So when the characters noticed her and came to her, it was easy and the only way for her to meet them.

I have not been to Disney enough to know the differences in the parades. All I know is they are BEAUTIFUL!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter