• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

East hall of international gateway (blue building)

Sheldora

Disney Wedding here I come!
So this will sound really silly but I need some help. as some know I work for Disney as a special events guide and am training to be a convention guide (so I might be at some of your weddings!) but as I was working the other day we walked through the big blue building by international gateway (used to be millennium center maybe? But me and my few friends call it the blue convention building). So anyways I walked into the east hall, smaller section off the big room and fell in love. I think I want my reception there but I can't find pics to show my man or a venue fee or that sort of info. Since I was working I couldn't just pull out my phone and snap a pic, even though I wanted to :(

Does anyone have any pics here or know a link o some? Thanks!!!

Is this building sort of nestled behind a brown gate between two countries? Because I think you're talking about that Epcot building I attended a private event in there- they closed off the area we were in (the actual building was immense!) and it was really nice in there. If this is the building, then I have photos of the inside- let me know! At the time it had like a false front, like a blue-ish to look like a fancy old building?

That is it! It was blue inside with these beautiful crystal chandlers.

Great! I will try to get the photos for you later- they're on an old phone so it will take some doing but I'll make sure I get them for you!

If I'm thinking of the same building as you, it's called the World Showplace Pavilion.

PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!! @$?&&,:&$!?($!!!!!!!! I transferred the files from my old phone to my computer, and now when I go to photobucket, every time a page loads it loads and the immediately goes blank. I was circumventing this problem by hitting stop before it was fully "loaded", but this obviously prevents me from uploading. Sigh. I will try again tomorrow and hopefully photobucket will not be having deep deep meltdowns.

I'm really curious to see this as well. This is our back up location for our cocktail hour in case of rain because of our guest count

and if you watch the video any part where there are white drapes flowing down the sides of the wall... thats it

Alright, now, this should work!!!!

This is the view of the table from the head of the room. Unfortunately, it wasn't a camera it was my phone, so I didn't really get the WHOLE room- but that light-up thing back there is the bar, which is pretty awesome.

The stations on the RIGHT side of the room. They were all action stations, except there was a massive raw bar at the top of the room beside the bar.

And this is the left side of the room.

I just COULDN'T help putting up some photos of the AMAZING food we ate-- it wasn't even ALL the food!!! There were about... eight or nine stations around the room, and each of them were themed for a different country. IT. WAS. AMAZING. This first station was the appetizer from France, which was a nitrogen "fried" blue cheese (fried is in quotes because the nitrogen froze it!) with an heirloom beet puree and lobster thermadore.

Next photo is beef brisket over mushy peas (to die for) and salmon over leek fondue (ALSO amazing).

Last is the appetizer from Austria (which I went back for seconds and thirds of) and the main dish from Italy (which is the only thing I didn't like): Spaetzle with mixed vegetables, and chicken with artichokes (normally two things I love so I don't know what went wrong!)

I hope this helps!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter