Easiest way to get to Chef Mickeys by 7AM from AoA

havaneselover

Dreaming about a Disney cruise
Staying at Art of Animation in January. Have a breakfast reservation at Chef Mickeys at 7:05. Will have my own car. Will be spending the day at MK. What is the most sensible way to do this? I know I can drive to Contemporary, but only park there for a short time (so I can't leave my car there when I'm at MK). What about taking a cab? Or is there a better way?

Hmm..

I think I would drive over for breakfast and then go park my car back at AoA. I know it's a bit out of the way but I'd definitely do that instead of paying for a cab.

Maybe after breakfast one of the adults could drive the car back and then you could all meet up again in front of MK?

havaneselover said:
Staying at Art of Animation in January. Have a breakfast reservation at Chef Mickeys at 7:05. Will have my own car. Will be spending the day at MK. What is the most sensible way to do this? I know I can drive to Contemporary, but only park there for a short time (so I can't leave my car there when I'm at MK). What about taking a cab? Or is there a better way?

You can park up to three hours at the CR for an ADR; just drive there. Have one person drive the car over to the MK lot and the rest can take the monorail over to MK - if they are up to it (Chef Mickey's is very filling) they could walk over.

Okay. Thanks. I am a single mom, so I am the adults : ) Just wondering if I drive to breakfast and drive back to AoA if we could get back to the MK for 9AM rope drop.

havaneselover said:
Okay. Thanks. I am a single mom, so I am the adults : ) Just wondering if I drive to breakfast and drive back to AoA if we could get back to the MK for 9AM rope drop.

Why would you want to drive back to your resort when the MK parking lot is right there????

Just present your ADR to the guard at the gate at CR, eat at Chef Mickey's and then move the car over to the MK lot. You will have plenty of time to eat, move the car and get to rope drop.

Am I missing something? Why would you go all the way back to AoA, if you are right there?

Definitely move car to MK parking lot like the above poster suggests. Parking is free at the parks for resort guests.

Why would you want to drive back to your resort when the MK parking lot is right there????

Just present your ADR to the guard at the gate at CR, eat at Chef Mickey's and then move the car over to the MK lot. You will have plenty of time to eat, move the car and get to rope drop.

Am I missing something? Why would you go all the way back to AoA, if you are right there?

No, I missed that you had suggested the MK parking lot. That makes sense. I have never done this before by myself. But that sound like the most sensible way to do this. Appreciate the advice.

havaneselover said:
No, I missed that you had suggested the MK parking lot. That makes sense. I have never done this before by myself. But that sound like the most sensible way to do this. Appreciate the advice.

Yippee. I am on the 9th day of a vacation, so I thought I wasn't thinking clearly.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter