Easiest way to get to Chef Mickeys by 7AM from AoA

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by havaneselover, Aug 12, 2012.

1. havaneselover

havaneselover DIS Veteran

Staying at Art of Animation in January. Have a breakfast reservation at Chef Mickeys at 7:05. Will have my own car. Will be spending the day at MK. What is the most sensible way to do this? I know I can drive to Contemporary, but only park there for a short time (so I can't leave my car there when I'm at MK). What about taking a cab? Or is there a better way?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. NHKristy76

NHKristy76 Senior Mousketeer

Hmm..

I think I would drive over for breakfast and then go park my car back at AoA. I know it's a bit out of the way but I'd definitely do that instead of paying for a cab.

Maybe after breakfast one of the adults could drive the car back and then you could all meet up again in front of MK?

4. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

You can park up to three hours at the CR for an ADR; just drive there. Have one person drive the car over to the MK lot and the rest can take the monorail over to MK - if they are up to it (Chef Mickey's is very filling) they could walk over.

5. havaneselover

Okay. Thanks. I am a single mom, so I am the adults : ) Just wondering if I drive to breakfast and drive back to AoA if we could get back to the MK for 9AM rope drop.

6. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Why would you want to drive back to your resort when the MK parking lot is right there????

Just present your ADR to the guard at the gate at CR, eat at Chef Mickey's and then move the car over to the MK lot. You will have plenty of time to eat, move the car and get to rope drop.

Am I missing something? Why would you go all the way back to AoA, if you are right there?

7. kikiw

kikiw Earning My Ears

Definitely move car to MK parking lot like the above poster suggests. Parking is free at the parks for resort guests.

8. havaneselover

No, I missed that you had suggested the MK parking lot. That makes sense. I have never done this before by myself. But that sound like the most sensible way to do this. Appreciate the advice.

9. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Yippee. I am on the 9th day of a vacation, so I thought I wasn't thinking clearly.

Have fun!