• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easiest Table Service restaurants to get a table at without a reservation?

mike the canuck

https://www.youtube.com/user/reelbigfishtml
What are some of the easiest Table Service restaurants to get a table at without a reservation? (Party of 2) I'm just curious. I'm thinking about going into my next trip with a looser game plan.

Any restaurant with a bar. Table waits can be unbearable without ADRs but there is usually space at the bar. We've also had luck at Visa Napoli at the long tables - it's easier for parties of two to find room at the shared tables.

What are some of the easiest Table Service restaurants to get a table at without a reservation? (Party of 2) I'm just curious. I'm thinking about going into my next trip with a looser game plan.
Actually, except for certain restaurants that sell out 100% far in advance, it's not that hard to get meals at nice table service restaurants at WDW resorts and parks. It might mean eating at an off-peak time. In the past year, I've eaten at Tokyo Dining, Rose & Crown, Via Napoli, 50's Prime Time Cafe, and several others with relatively short waits (less than 10 minutes). Some, like the Nine Dragons can be easy even at prime lunch and dinner times.

Also, keep in mind that there's a middle ground between having reservations that you made months in advance and just walking up to the podium and hoping for the best. You can walk up to Guest Services at parks or call Disney Dining on the day you want to a table service reservation and see what's available.

For example, there's a window near the ride time information board at DHS. I've gone there before lunch and asked what's available, and left with early afternoon reservations for the Brown Derby and the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

I'm big fan of The Wave at the Contemporary. it's usually easy to get same-day reservations. The food is far better than typical Magic Kingdom fare, and it's and quick walk or Monorail ride.

I've had no problems as a party of 2. Ones I did in 2012, on 3 separate WDW vacations, are Bluezoo, Il Mulino, Citricos, Narcoosees, Sanaa, Marrakesh, Brown Derby, Kouzzina.

Others, like ESPN and Tutto Gusto, don't take ADRs.

We do late lunches or late dinners.

I have always had luck getting in for lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-in if I show up right at 11:00. May be different during really busy times of the year. I have also always been able to get into Boma, but again, I always try right at 5:00.

mike the canuck said:

Marrakesh in Morocco Epcot. We walked up one time and it is now one of our favorites.

Any restaurant with a bar. Table waits can be unbearable without ADRs but there is usually space at the bar. We've also had luck at Visa Napoli at the long tables - it's easier for parties of two to find room at the shared tables.

That's a great idea. Thanks for the tips :) I saw
those tables at Via Napoli on my last trip. Never thought about that. Thanks

Actually, except for certain restaurants that sell out 100% far in advance, it's not that hard to get meals at nice table service restaurants at WDW resorts and parks. It might mean eating at an off-peak time. In the past year, I've eaten at Tokyo Dining, Rose & Crown, Via Napoli, 50's Prime Time Cafe, and several others with relatively short waits (less than 10 minutes). Some, like the Nine Dragons can be easy even at prime lunch and dinner times.

Also, keep in mind that there's a middle ground between having reservations that you made months in advance and just walking up to the podium and hoping for the best. You can walk up to Guest Services at parks or call Disney Dining on the day you want to a table service reservation and see what's available.

For example, there's a window near the ride time information board at DHS. I've gone there before lunch and asked what's available, and left with early afternoon reservations for the Brown Derby and the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

I'm big fan of The Wave at the Contemporary. it's usually easy to get same-day reservations. The food is far better than typical Magic Kingdom fare, and it's and quick walk or Monorail ride.

Walking up to Guest Services sounds like a good idea. Thanks
I have eaten at the Wave before and I loved it. Good to know its easy to get.

I've had no problems as a party of 2. Ones I did in 2012, on 3 separate WDW vacations, are Bluezoo, Il Mulino, Citricos, Narcoosees, Sanaa, Marrakesh, Brown Derby, Kouzzina.

Others, like ESPN and Tutto Gusto, don't take ADRs.

We do late lunches or late dinners.

I'm ok with doing late lunches and dinners too. Those sound like some pretty good restaurants to not need reservations. Thank you

I have always had luck getting in for lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-in if I show up right at 11:00. May be different during really busy times of the year. I have also always been able to get into Boma, but again, I always try right at 5:00.

Thanks for the tips. I have always wanted to try both Sci-Fi and Boma so that is good info to know.

Marrakesh in Morocco Epcot. We walked up one time and it is now one of our favorites.

Thanks. Marrakesh seems to be a good option for no reservations. Thanks

We ate dinner at 50's Prime Time a few weeks ago without a reservation very easily. We didn't even wait 5 minutes for a table for our party of 3.

We ate dinner at 50's Prime Time a few weeks ago without a reservation very easily. We didn't even wait 5 minutes for a table for our party of 3.

I think that's unusual based on the waits we normally see there and the people outside waiting. But it's always dependent on when you are there.

If you download the My Disney Experience app, that can be a pretty good tool for dining. Simply put in the park you will be in and time range and it will tell you what restaurants can seat you. I believe the system is real-time, so if there s a cancellation it opens up a table .. We grabbed the Plaza at MK and Via Napoli with only 1-2 ours notice. So at say 6PM we said let's see what's available and Via Napoli had a table for 4 open at 6:45 -this when there was nothing open earlier in the day when we checked. As long as you're flexible, it can work.

I'm going to add Kona. We've always been able to walk up to Kona with little to no wait...

and gotten tables at Via Napoli, 50's Prime Time, Nine Dragons, Raglan Road, Beirgarten etc. but we usually have ADR's made just in case. Back in April we didn't have ADRs at could not find a walk-up any where in the World Showcase. We ended up at EOS in DTD which we love but it wasn't what we wanted.

We got a lunch walk in at LTT with only a 5 min wait and the park was fairly busy (plaza was not seating anymore people). I would say dinner would not be as easy, but you could do a sit down lunch and cs dinner.

If you download the My Disney Experience app, that can be a pretty good tool for dining. Simply put in the park you will be in and time range and it will tell you what restaurants can seat you. I believe the system is real-time, so if there s a cancellation it opens up a table .. We grabbed the Plaza at MK and Via Napoli with only 1-2 ours notice. So at say 6PM we said let's see what's available and Via Napoli had a table for 4 open at 6:45 -this when there was nothing open earlier in the day when we checked. As long as you're flexible, it can work.

This, DW and I have had fantastic luck with using this app. We have gotten into many restaurants where where just logged in that morning and had several good choices including LeCellier, Rose and Crown etc.

Another vote for Disney experience app. We changed reservations numerous times during our trip using this app, and checked wait times!

Just remember, even if GR or the app says they are full, walk up anyway. If they are having lots of no-shows, the computer will say full, but the restaurant might have availability anyhow. Been seated at LTT that way.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

When we were down there May 10th-20th we walked into Beirgarten, Yak & Yeti, and also Mama Melrose as a party of three.

In the past we've also walked into Coral Reef, Marrakesh, Via Napoli, Tokyo Dining, Rose & Crown, Artist Point, Jikos, Flying Fish, Grand Floridian Cafe, Olivias, Plaza, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's, 50's Prime Time, Big River Grill, Planet Hollywood, Raglan Road, Wolfgang Puck, T Rex, and Bongos. Now most of these were at lunch, but Via Napoli, Artist Point, Jikos, Flying Fish, Planet Hollywood, Raglan Road, and T Rex we were able to get into for dinner.

When we were down there May 10th-20th we walked into Beirgarten, Yak & Yeti, and also Mama Melrose as a party of three.

In the past we've also walked into Coral Reef, Marrakesh, Via Napoli, Tokyo Dining, Rose & Crown, Artist Point, Jikos, Flying Fish, Grand Floridian Cafe, Olivias, Plaza, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's, 50's Prime Time, Big River Grill, Planet Hollywood, Raglan Road, Wolfgang Puck, T Rex, and Bongos. Now most of these were at lunch, but Via Napoli, Artist Point, Jikos, Flying Fish, Planet Hollywood, Raglan Road, and T Rex we were able to get into for dinner.

T Rex? In Downtown Disney? We have never seen anything but a l-o-n-g wait for that restaurant. And the waiting area is basically standing on the sidewalk (crowded, hot, noisy). We've still done that and enjoyed the experience, but we don't go there often because of the long/uncomfortable wait. When did you go?

Bongos, Olivia's, Marrakresh, Crew's Cup, Kimonos, House of Blues, Raglan Road (lunch only), Mama Melrose's (lunch only), Maya Grill, Fulton's, The Brown Derby, The Wave, Wolfgang Puck (lunch only) ... I've walked into other places before, but we have done these multiple times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter