Earthquake

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
There was a 5.2 magnitude earthquake in Southern California last night around 1 am. About 100 miles from Anaheim. Felt in LA and San Diego. I slept thru it here at the Disneyland hotel, but people are talking about it this morning. Being from Minnesota, this is big news, but not so much for the folks who live here :)

We live near LAX. I was asleep, but my daughter felt it.

(Moving this to our Community Board)

I'm in North San Diego and we definitely felt it. Went on a long time, we were starting to think about actually getting under something... starting to. :) It was a decent little shaker.

gotta love the non plussed comments from those who were there, saw this on Irish twitter this morning, people were saying "omg major earthquake in LA" so I had to find the LA Times to get factual info and found it was 100 miles from San Diego. Glad you are all safe, sounds like it was bigger than usual but no where near the disaster movie type quake that people on Twitter were making it sound like.

I woke up from it because my dogs were barking like they were in pain. I was going to check on them and then realized it was an earthquake. It didn't seem like that big of a deal. I'm in the north part of San Diego county. I've felt much stronger ones!

I felt it because I was still up. DH woke up and came to check on me. The pets ignored it. It took a long time to find any info about it online. Had to go to the USGS site to get any information.

Last edited:
Just got back home to Texas after 4 days at DL. Felt it (was awake, browsing my laptop) but thought it was people in the rooms above us jumping up and down (felt similar to the sensation we used to experience when we lived in an apartment and the upstairs neighbors were on their Wii Fit at night). Never would have guessed that it was an earthquake until I heard people talking about it the next day. My hubby and daughters slept through it. I thought an earthquake would be a lot more "dramatic" in shaking.

We were at DL last month and to be honest that was one of my fears.

This was my 4th trip to California and it was my first one and it wasn't that bad. Now a BIG one, I wouldn't want to feel. Most of the people we heard talking about the quake were locals and they are very casual about it; they get more fazed by rain (I mean a even a few drops) than a little bit of shaking.

My neighbor went to DLR the day after the Northridge quake. He said everything was walk on and the place was deserted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter