Earplugs for fireworks

Pooh Lover

Mouseketeer
DD2 is already worried about the loud noise of the fireworks. I want to bring earplugs with us to help because I'd really like to see some fireworks! Anyone have a preferrence? (i.e. foam vs silicone) Or a particular brand they use? Thanks!!

I think bringing earplugs is a great idea. When my son was little, he was particularly sensitive to loud noises, so I can relate. I think that the foam kind work well for kids. Just to let you know, there are a number of very loud attractions where earplugs might be good if your DD is quite senstive to loud noises. Lights, Motors, Action! is super loud. Also, some of the 3-D shows are loud, like Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It might be a good idea to keep those plugs with you, so your DS could use them at any time he feels things are too loud for him.

Have a great trip!

My girls never liked earplugs when they were little. They used mouseears,the kind you use when you fire a weapon, whenever we were in a situation that was too loud for them(airshows, etc). They are just like headphones and a lot more comfortable. Any sporting goods store, hunting, weapons shop will know what you are talking about.

Googlr ear protection weapons, for some ideas. Some are well under 10 dollars.

I think bringing earplugs is a great idea. When my son was little, he was particularly sensitive to loud noises, so I can relate. I think that the foam kind work well for kids. Just to let you know, there are a number of very loud attractions where earplugs might be good if your DD is quite senstive to loud noises. Lights, Motors, Action! is super loud. Also, some of the 3-D shows are loud, like Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It might be a good idea to keep those plugs with you, so your DS could use them at any time he feels things are too loud for him.

Have a great trip!

Adding to the loud shows list:
Philharmagic and It's tough to be a bug.

We learned very quickly that these were not tolerable to my sound sensative DD. Actually, I still find the majority of attractions to be way too loud. The only difference between how my DD handles it and how I do is 25 years.:rotfl:

We always bring earplugs with us when there is fireworks around, especially if we can get close by. We buy the green ones, I think they are silicone, where you have to twist and shape before putting them in. They then expand to fit your ear. The only problem with these that they were too big for kids' ears.

Then one time my brother bought an orangey waxy kind that were meant for kids. They feel greasy and seem to mold to kids' ears. I think you can get them at CVS. The only down-side is that if you get it on your hair, like my DD did, it is hard to get out. But other than that, the kids seem to not mind them and they stayed in their ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter