Earn amazon giftcards by trading in textbooks

Bibbidi

DIS Veteran
My DH is finishing up his masters and has several textbooks that he won't need long term. We were originally going to try and sell them on amazon, but I honestly didn't want to deal with that process. While perusing the site the other day though I stumbled upon the "Trade-In" store on amazon. I already knew that you could trade in video games, but I didn't realize you could also trade textbooks. If amazon accepts your trade, you get a gift card deposited into your amazon account (after they receive it and review the item of course). They do tell you ahead of time what your trade-in value would be if they accept it, so there aren't any surprises.

http://www.amazon.com/Sell-Books/b/...301&pf_rd_p=1309839302&pf_rd_i=trade in store

On just one book we earned $143! I found another one he asked me to sell a couple months ago and that one is worth $18. I did check some old cookbooks and kids books too, but they either "weren't available for trade-in" or they were worth less than $1. But, for anyone who might have some old books out there (especially current textbooks) see about trading them in. I can always find ways to spend money on amazon. I'm over half way to my new camera for our September trip now :cool1:

I traded one for $75 and another for $46 the other day. I was pretty happy to find their simple process. They give you a UPS label to print and you just drop them off at a UPS shipper (I used Staples).

I traded one for $75 and another for $46 the other day. I was pretty happy to find their simple process. They give you a UPS label to print and you just drop them off at a UPS shipper (I used Staples).

Good for you! The UPS labels are great. I can't believe I hadn't done this before now. Today I gathered up some DS games that haven't been used in quite a while and will be getting another $37. Even my girls are wanting to trade in some of their things now.

I just found this too!
I had bought used copies of DS's science, math and social stuides textbooks last year so he wouldn't have to carry them back and forth every day in his backpack. It was totally worth it, by the way.
I traded all 3 in to amazon for a $58 gift card - got almost all my money back!

Thanks for the link! I didn't know about this and I have a few textbooks - will check when I get home!

I did this at the end of my spring semester & used the trade-in credit to buy a Kindle. :banana:I have read all summer.

How awesome! Thanks for sharing the info! I'm going to check out how much each of my textbooks are worth now. :thumbsup2

So I found some additional DVDs/games to trade in--all told I'm up to $237 since just a couple days ago!!!

I told DH that he better get to the basement and tell which textbooks he's willing to part with because I'm ready to trade those in as well.

I'm glad to see that several other Diser's have already had success with this :)
I'd much rather do Amazon's trade in than wait for our neighborhood's yearly yard sale--I bet I wouldn't make as much either.

I've been doing this since I started back to school. I trade in this semester's books to pay for the next semester and it works pretty well. Depending on what is needed for my next class I might be out $5-$30.

Emily

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter