early ticket use, question.

Sullivan2

Earning My Ears
I'm new here, but have been lurking for a few months trying to set up our plans. I have a question and know that it has been answered here before. The answered I found was from 2013 though so I don't know if it still applies. We have a 4 night 5 day stay booked in Sept. and we are staying at another hotel on the beach 2-3 days prior. I've read that in the past you could pick your tickets up to 3 days prior to your resort reservation. I didn't know if that changed since they have the bracelets now. My thought was that I would extend my park tickets to a 8 day ticket from a 5 day ticket and pick them up early so we could get a couple of extra days in the parks.

I have not seen anything indicating that this has changed. You should still be able to activate your tickets up to 3 days before your package.

Any (ocean) beach is at least an hour away from WDW. Are you willing to spend all that extra time driving?

Yes. my wife wants to spend time at the beach (ocean). I just figured if can add a couple of days on, cheap we could drive in to take advantage it. That way we wouldn't have to cram so much in the 5 days. And if we decide to not drive in all three days I won't be out too much. If that makes sense.

Is it best to have booked tickets for the number of days for your stay and then if you pick up early you are adding days on?

My case is I have 5 nights booked with a 7day ticket. I am planning on picking up early (RO ressie for three nights prior) but I won't be adding days, just using them early.

Is it best to have booked tickets for the number of days for your stay and then if you pick up early you are adding days on?

My case is I have 5 nights booked with a 7day ticket. I am planning on picking up early (RO ressie for three nights prior) but I won't be adding days, just using them early.
I think it's best to have all the days you'll need on your tickets in advance. Otherwise, you won't be able to reserve fast passes for each day, and, if you enter the park without enough days to cover your fast passes, you might lose them before you upgrade your tickets.

Thanks! I have found conflicting information and wasn't sure if I needed to upgrade the tickets (add more days) to pick them up early. We will be staying onsite for our entire stay so I am hoping I can make FP+ reservations for the entire 7 days even though some days will be before the package officially starts (but we will have a room ressie). From what I have read ADRs can be made for the entire stay spanning the split stay. Does this sum it up? Does anyone have experience with FP+ reservations before their package with tickets starts? We are only doing the split stay due to FD, and this is making me very nervous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter