• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early stages of planning...so many things to think about!!!

I haven't.....because I don't know what you're talking about. (other than it has something to do with DVC)

Takes a bit of due diligence but you would be able to get a larger room at a deluxe resort for approx $125-$150/night, taxes included. I understand that it may sound overwhelming but beware. I rented points in 2005 and it ended up costing me over $20,000 because I ended up purchasing DVC. It is saving me lots of money on past and future WDW vacations. Wherever you go, have a great time. Nothing beats a family WDW vacation!

Takes a bit of due diligence but you would be able to get a larger room at a deluxe resort for approx $125-$150/night, taxes included. I understand that it may sound overwhelming but beware. I rented points in 2005 and it ended up costing me over $20,000 because I ended up purchasing DVC. It is saving me lots of money on past and future WDW vacations. Wherever you go, have a great time. Nothing beats a family WDW vacation!

lol Well no worries about that happening with me becuase I don't have $20'000. Single mom of 3 here. I'll just stick with the value resort. :) But thanks for your post!

YAY! My dates for next years vacation were approved with work!!! :)

So we're going September 30-October 10th!

I think I've decided on POP CENTURY for the resort!

:cheer2:

I'm so excited!!!!!!

I am in Winnipeg! Have you considered the Free Dining option that Disney is offering! We are going next year as well and with the free dining promo going on right now we are saving just over $1500
good luck on your trip planning

Some other things that we do to save some money for WDW trip are travel to Minneapolis and fly out of there. In Minneapolis we rent a hotel that has park and fly

Just so you know---when you have the Quick Service dining plan you do not have to order a meal for each person everytime. Last May I went with just my daughter and we had the CS plan so we were not tied down with ADR.We split the bounty platter for breakfast every morning and we split entrees at the Sunshine Seasons and the CS Yak and Yeti,s. We simply paid oop for an extra drink. The portions are large at most CS places and can easily be split that way even though you are only getting 2 meals per person per day-you could easily get three small ones by splitting them up.

At the end of the trip if you have any left most resort CS places allow you to turn your left over meals into snacks for the trip home. With the average burger meal at Disney costing 8-10 bucks and an average drink costing 3 bucks--I think the Counter Service dining plan is good deal.

Deakam,
This is an excellent idea; it never would have occurred to me.

DD and I are going next spring and I have been waffling (yes, notice the pun when talking about food :lmao:) back and forth, back and forth on the CS DP. Usually we would have a light breakfast in our room yet with her being on the small side and as you said the meal portions being quite large (at least for us), I can easily see splitting a breakfast and a lunch and then each have our own dinner.

Lastly, having breakfast at our home resort, with the refillable mugs would also negate any need to pay for the extra beverage.

More to think about.....thank you for that great idea! :worship:
Dan

I am in Winnipeg! Have you considered the Free Dining option that Disney is offering! We are going next year as well and with the free dining promo going on right now we are saving just over $1500
good luck on your trip planning

The free dining promo (as far as I can tell) as of right now isn't available next October. There is a Quick Service but it ends right before we arrive. So as of right now I'm just gonna book for Sept30-Oct10 and if a free dining plan comes up then by all means I'll take it! lol

And yeah we've already looked at Minneapolis. Doesn't look like anyone flies direct out of Winnipeg (except like in November/December with WestJet) and the flights are like double the price of driving down to Minneapolis and paying for a night in hotel! That just seems crazy to me. WHY are the taxes on flights so high in Canada? Grr!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

We just officially booked and paid the deposit!!!

395 days till our trip! :) :) :) :)

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

So exciting! :dance3::cheer2:

Have you told the kids?

Yes! They laughed at me cause I made them all stand around the computer as I clicked "BOOK NOW" and once I got my confirmation I started cheering and chair dancing. I think they think I am crazy! :banana:

I would have loved to keep it a *secret* because the surprise videos make me tear up but I am NOT good at secrets! So they know about the trip. We watch YouTube videos of Disney and look at the Disney website. I am prepping my little girl by explaining the rides and we've watched a few ride videos. Hopeing she won't be too scared.

My parents are going down the same time as us so they will come with us a few days to MK. :)

Congratulations!!! We've gone at that time of year and the Magic Kingdom is so beautiful all decorated for fall. If you can swing it, try to go to the Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en Party. It's a separate ticket and it's at the MK, but it is sooo worth it!
We're staying at the Pop for the first time too in August. If you want me to pick you up anything (maps, etc) just let me know. I'm happy to send them your way.:thumbsup2

YAY! My dates for next years vacation were approved with work!!! :)

So we're going September 30-October 10th!

I think I've decided on POP CENTURY for the resort!

:cheer2:

I'm so excited!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! We've gone at that time of year and the Magic Kingdom is so beautiful all decorated for fall. If you can swing it, try to go to the Mickey's Not So Scary Hallowe'en Party. It's a separate ticket and it's at the MK, but it is sooo worth it!
We're staying at the Pop for the first time too in August. If you want me to pick you up anything (maps, etc) just let me know. I'm happy to send them your way.:thumbsup2

Thanks!! I am still trying to figure out if we are going to do the MNSSHP. Is it really worth it? My oldest will be almost 15 and I am not sure if he'd like this or not. Is it just trick or treating or can he go on rides too? I really don't know much about it.

Thanks!! I am still trying to figure out if we are going to do the MNSSHP. Is it really worth it? My oldest will be almost 15 and I am not sure if he'd like this or not. Is it just trick or treating or can he go on rides too? I really don't know much about it.

It is more than trick or treating (and we were eating candy for weeks let me tell you). They have special fireworks shows, a special parade lead by the headless horsemen, all the characters are out (including ones you don't see often like the 7 dwarfs, Alice and all of the Wonderland gang), the cast members are dressed up for Hallowe'en too. AND even better, the park is closed to everyone but MNSSHP ticket holders, so there is hardly a wait at all to get on the rides. And everyone can dress up if they like, or not, it's up to you.
We really did find it was worth the extra expense. It was our last night at Disney and a great way to cap off an amazing trip.
However, if you don't do it, you won't miss a thing because you'll be having fun doing other stuff!

It is more than trick or treating (and we were eating candy for weeks let me tell you). They have special fireworks shows, a special parade lead by the headless horsemen, all the characters are out (including ones you don't see often like the 7 dwarfs, Alice and all of the Wonderland gang), the cast members are dressed up for Hallowe'en too. AND even better, the park is closed to everyone but MNSSHP ticket holders, so there is hardly a wait at all to get on the rides. And everyone can dress up if they like, or not, it's up to you.
We really did find it was worth the extra expense. It was our last night at Disney and a great way to cap off an amazing trip.
However, if you don't do it, you won't miss a thing because you'll be having fun doing other stuff!

It does sound like a good time! And it is a seperate ticket it doesn't count as a day on your park tickets right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter