• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Risers itinerary before 11am Magic Kingdom in Oct

Jessfromjersey

Earning My Ears
I have decided on which days to visit which parks, for my family's upcoming trip in October. I have scheduled my DD's appt at BBB for 8am and will go directly to Repunzel's M & G after that. I know that the first 2 hours in the Magic Kingdom are the most important....with that being said, what other "must do's" should be do before 11 am? Should our next stop be Tiana's M&G, Dumbo, Space Mountain?? I really want to maximize what we can get accomplished before lunch but need some guidance. We will be spending 2 1/2 days in the MK (the 1/2 being MNSSHP) and want our kids to get the complete experience...but some fun stuff for Mom and Dad too! Help!:confused3

If you are going to be at the park for 2 1/2 days (and able to hit rope drop at least twice), I would suggest cutting the park more or less in half and splitting up your attack on the busy atttractions on two different days if at all possible. We typically do a Fantasyland/ Tomorrowland (and former Toontown) and an Adventureland/ Frontierland/ Libertysquare combo, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Dumbo would definitely be a priority. The lines are long, move slow, and there is no fast pass available. The other ride I've seen with horrendous lines all day long is Peter Pan. It does have FP though, but they do run out so get one early.

Other priorities would include: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMRR - they all have fast pass, so I would take advantage of that whenever possible

Also, the Indy Speedway and the Astro Orbiter get really long (slow moving) lines so you might want to hit those early if your kids are interested in doing them. I can usually get away with doing Dumbo OR Astro Orbiter, but they never want to skip that darn speedway!

I would imagine that Merida will have a really long line like Rapunzel as soon as the movie comes out and all the kids know who she is. Not sure what Tiana's line is like.

I would also ask your 4 year old what she thinks you are going to do that day and make sure to incorporate it into the 1st day plans to avoid any meltdowns. I've often been surprised at what my kids say is their number one priority. One year, I thought DD would be all about the princesses, turned out Pluto and was at the top of her list of characters she thought she was going to meet.

And, don't forget about baby swap. This will allow you to maximize those FP's.

Lastly, you may want to check out easywdw.com There is great info. there about when to meet characters to avoid major lines, etc...

Great advice! Thanks so much!

If you are going to be at the park for 2 1/2 days (and able to hit rope drop at least twice), I would suggest cutting the park more or less in half and splitting up your attack on the busy atttractions on two different days if at all possible. We typically do a Fantasyland/ Tomorrowland (and former Toontown) and an Adventureland/ Frontierland/ Libertysquare combo, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Dumbo would definitely be a priority. The lines are long, move slow, and there is no fast pass available. The other ride I've seen with horrendous lines all day long is Peter Pan. It does have FP though, but they do run out so get one early.

Other priorities would include: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMRR - they all have fast pass, so I would take advantage of that whenever possible

Also, the Indy Speedway and the Astro Orbiter get really long (slow moving) lines so you might want to hit those early if your kids are interested in doing them. I can usually get away with doing Dumbo OR Astro Orbiter, but they never want to skip that darn speedway!

I would imagine that Merida will have a really long line like Rapunzel as soon as the movie comes out and all the kids know who she is. Not sure what Tiana's line is like.

I would also ask your 4 year old what she thinks you are going to do that day and make sure to incorporate it into the 1st day plans to avoid any meltdowns. I've often been surprised at what my kids say is their number one priority. One year, I thought DD would be all about the princesses, turned out Pluto and was at the top of her list of characters she thought she was going to meet.

And, don't forget about baby swap. This will allow you to maximize those FP's.

Lastly, you may want to check out easywdw.com There is great info. there about when to meet characters to avoid major lines, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter