• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early race registration -- DVC or AP??

MickeyMinnieMom

If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
Might anyone know whether one of these -- DVC or AP -- has a larger block of registrations set aside for the early deadlines?

I could have sworn when I was using them last time I had a hard time with one, and managed to register with the other. Of course, I can't remember which!! :blush: And don't know whether that was the result of pool size or some other factor.

Any thoughts would be GREAT!!

Thanks runDISers!!

Might anyone know whether one of these -- DVC or AP -- has a larger block of registrations set aside for the early deadlines?

I could have sworn when I was using them last time I had a hard time with one, and managed to register with the other. Of course, I can't remember which!! :blush: And don't know whether that was the result of pool size or some other factor.

Any thoughts would be GREAT!!

Thanks runDISers!!

I think it's the same block. This past week with Disneyland, they didn't open up DVC until after Dumbo was sold out.

I've heard that AP and DVC share the number of spots ... the problem with the DL pre registration was that the DVC link never showed up until 10 minutes after early registration began ... so DDD was sold out. All the other races were still available at that point though.

I registered for the Dopey with DVC without any problem, but never got through for the DDD.

Thanks for all the input! I think my game plan will be to hit the AP link first, then DVC if I can't get through for some reason on AP.

FYI The Disneyland AP page updated the runDisney event page. They have all the early registration info up until next years Tinker Bell Half Marathon. After the hectic/slightly messy early registration for the Disneyland Half Marathon it looks like they made some changes to how the page is organized, etc. Hopefully this will give all those with an AP a equal chance at getting one of the early spots.

Can someone please verify for me how the early registration works? I'm not an actual DVC member, but my dad is, so the account belongs to him. If I log in to his account and register, will it question me at all, or is all I need access to the link? I just don't want any problems to arise later. And I also assume you have to have an active annual pass to use that option. I have an annual pass purchased for an upcoming trip in April, but it won't be activated until we get there. So I'm figuring I can't do that one.

If anybody who knows anything could let me know, that would be great! I've never registered for a RunDisney event and don't want to mess anything up. I'm looking at signing up for Wine and Dine, and that early registration opens on Tuesday.

I assume you live with your dad, so you have access to the perks?

I use DH's DVC account (we never even set up my Associate account) and book rundisney through that. I haven't been questioned.

I assume you live with your dad, so you have access to the perks?

I use DH's DVC account (we never even set up my Associate account) and book rundisney through that. I haven't been questioned.
No, I actually don't right now. So I'm thinking that I'm going to have to play it safe and just wait for general registration to open to sign up. I don't want a red flag going up if my address and billing address are different than what his is.

I personally think that's a good idea. I realized after registering myself for Disneyland Half that I maybe could have signed my brother up, too, using the DVC link. But I didn't because he doesn't live with us and doesn't own DVC. Just didn't seem like a good idea. (I won't let him buy me a SoCal ticket, either, though he says it would be fine) So your decision makes sense from my point of view. Others very likely disagree, and I'm not the boss of the internet, LOL, so if you change your mind I won't flog you LOL. (anyone been to universal? " Oh no, a flogging!" anyone?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter