Early Prince of Persia review

hichewlova

Mouseketeer
The film was just screened at ShoWest and it sounds like everything I would expect from a Bruckheimer blockbuster.

Considering how much fun I think it is to watch the Pirates films - any comparison to that movie is good news to me.

Anyone familiar with the game? Looking forward to the film?

I'm always excited about a film with Richard Coyle although it's my understanding that he's the villain...so that would be very weird.

He is part of a very impressive cast - Ben Kingsley, Gemma Arterton and Jake Gyllenhaal. I am excited to see them all working together - not to sure how Coyle's character will play out, but I am sure it will be fun to watch.

I'm excited for this movie; have been ever since it was announced years and years ago!

Oh someone who has played the game! You'll have to tell us what you think of the rewind effect and the dagger. I think it looks like they did a good job of recreating the game without making it hard for non-gamers like me to enjoy, you know?

here is a new trailer

I am surprised you say that since the creator of the game was so involved with the movie. He even sat on the Prince's panel at Wondercon last weekend - here is a description of the panel.

AND there is a preview that explains the set up of the story.

Here is another advanced reviews

The film works. It achieves what it sets out to do. Is it the next Pirates? I'm probably not the guy to ask. Jake is great fun, the story bounces along, Arterton isn't useless, and everyone is having a good time, especially Molina. The plot works fine, and if you're a fan of the game, I'm sure you'll find more to nitpick and possibly a few nods to the fanboys. As far as a videogame adaptation, it's easily the best out of the ones I've seen, and I've seen a fair few.

and premiere coverage -- lots of really cute pictures of the cast/crew.

In this game there is different music for each of the four lands that you visit throughout the game as well as new themes for each combat scenario you encounter. The music blends melodies with eastern European touches combined with guitars and cinematic overtones.

Interesting to hear that. Are you planning on seeing the movie this weekend? I think this will be the big event of the memorial day weekend - who doesn't love a good blockbuster to kickoff the summer?

I just saw the film.. I really enjoyed it fun to watch, beautiful scenery and lots of action. Just a fun two hours really enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter