• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EARLY potty training... who's been here? UPDATE post 49

DS pulled that one time, and I let him walk around with dirty pants for about 10 minutes. It hasn't happened since.

That and making them dump it into the toilet and rinsing the underpants, then getting clean clothes on and washing their hands. Once they see it is work and takes time away from play they quickly change their minds.

DS pulled that one time, and I let him walk around with dirty pants for about 10 minutes. It hasn't happened since.

That and making them dump it into the toilet and rinsing the underpants, then getting clean clothes on and washing their hands. Once they see it is work and takes time away from play they quickly change their minds.

I did basically the same thing. I didn't get mad or upset, but I let her deal with the consequences of something she knew better than to do in the first place.

I hope DD doesn't go there though!

Ugh! Did I have a fun potty training night last night... I think I spent more time in the bathroom than any other room in my house! :rotfl2: After bath time, DD was tootin' and so DH put her on the toilet. She sat and sat and sat and indicated she wanted down. In the time it took her to walk from the bathroom to DH in the living room (less than 15 feet...) SHE PEED ON THE FLOOR! :scared1:

Oh well! She is at least trying!

I am in the middle of trying to potty train my almost 3 year old daughter right now and it is a nightmare! She has absolutly NO ambition to use the potty. We have tried rewards, letting her pick out her own big girl panties and a "potty party" but she will not do it. We have decided to not put pressure on her and she will come around on her own, hopefully.

DS was almost 4 when he was completely potty trained in one day. He was very resistant on the idea and so we stopped pushing him. One morning he woke up and wanted his big boy underware and he was potty trained. No more diapers ever. He has only ever had a handful of accidents (2 while at Disney and not wanting to "miss" anything). I am hoping DD comes to this desicion quickly!

I could have written this post! LOL! This is us to a tee. DS #1 was 3.5 and refused to potty train and then woke up one morning and decided he was done with diapers....that was it. No issues at all since then.

The little guy is just about to turn 3 and I have tried to gently nudge him, but he freaks out. We've tried all the big boy rewards, charts, treats, big boy underwear, etc. He could care less. His almost 5 yo big brother tried to teach him to "aim" (which was quite comical!) and that perked his interest for about 5 minutes. We are not going to push, it just stress out everyone. He does everything on his own schedule. He'll give up the diapers when he is ready. I'm figuring by the beginning of summer we should be diaper free...WOO HOO!!!!!!

My advice is if she is showing interest, go with it. If she seems to start rebeling against then slow down and let her go at her own pace. My experience has been that if they feel pressured, then it takes even longer. Girls are supposedly a little easier though! Good Luck!

His almost 5 yo big brother tried to teach him to "aim" (which was quite comical!) and that perked his interest for about 5 minutes.

Have you tried putting Cheerios in the pot and telling him to dunk them? DS always asked for 3 Cheerios for "target" practice. One day he called out "Mommy look! Mickey's in the potty!" The three Cheerios came together and formed his own personal hidden Mickey!:rotfl2:

Have you tried putting Cheerios in the pot and telling him to dunk them? DS always asked for 3 Cheerios for "target" practice. One day he called out "Mommy look! Mickey's in the potty!" The three Cheerios came together and formed his own personal hidden Mickey!:rotfl2:

LOL, we tried this with DS and it was huge waste. He thought it was hilarious but refused to pee on them!:rolleyes: He LOVED throwing them in there, it got to be more distracting than anything for him.:laughing:

Well, she's doing it! She was 2-3 this afternoon and 1 of her successes was of her own doing. I've moved her from a potty seat on the toilet to an actual training potty. Now if I could just keep her sitting...

My daughter was 18 months, so a bit older than yours, when she saw her brother's old potty in the garage and asked him what it was. He told her and she told me "poopin in unnerpants is 'custing (disgusting) and I not doin' it anymore!"

She was fully trained two days later. :confused3

I did nothing but put the potty in the bathroom and help her take off her clothes when she had trouble. NO rewards, we neevr really talked about it.... I figured it was a phase and didn't want to push it.

It was the best potty training experience ever!

Okay well we are not progressing very well. I'm the only one who will take her to the potty! Now she has taken to putting her hand in her diaper when she poops... I'm getting desperate!

Any ideas besides putting her in a onesie?

Okay well we are not progressing very well. I'm the only one who will take her to the potty! Now she has taken to putting her hand in her diaper when she poops... I'm getting desperate!

Any ideas besides putting her in a onesie?

first make anyone who won't take her to the potty be the one who has to clean up after her putting her hand in her diaper!!!

I'm sorry no one is cooperating with you I would be livid. Possibly keep the potty chair wherever you are since no one will help. If you are in the family room that's where it is or in the kitchen if you are there. As long as she has the idea I wouldn't stop yet but it would help if you had help. Why won't they do it? I mean who wants to change diapers any longer than you have to! Plus promise them they can do something with the money you will save.

So tonight, my almost 16 month old (will turn on the 22nd) banged on the door to my parent's bathroom. She wanted in for some reason. I took her in, she walked to the potty, so I took off her diaper and sat her on the pot... a couple of seconds later, she peed. :scratchin

This is the 3rd time she's gone to a bathroom door and insisted on going in. Semi-jokingly I would sit her on the toilet and tell her how much she looked like a big girl and after a couple of minutes, she was ready to get down, never going potty. Tonight was a whole different ballgame and it has truly thrown me!

I'm not pushing her to train at all, I think she's too young, but to her credit, everyone in our house sits on the toilet except her. I just assumed she was curious about the big, cold, white thing, so why not humor her and let her sit there, it can't hurt. :confused3

Are there any of you out there that have experienced such a young one wanting to go sit on the potty?

I don't even know where to go from here! I figure I'll just let her sit on the toilet when she indicates that she wants to. She's been showing a lot of the "I'm ready to potty train" signs - wanting to pull her pants up and down, knowing when she poops, wants to sit on the toilet...

I'm not ready for my baby to toilet train! I've been joking with family that she would probably be trained by 20 months because of the way she's been acting... I had no idea things would appear so quickly!

Any thoughts? :confused3

Well, I have to say, my DD is my 2nd, 4 years younger than DS, but she was trained at 13m old. Try finding tiny panties! It was hard. My daycare had put her in with the 3 year olds because they had potties in their room and not in her toddler room.
I do feel sorry that you are the only one to take her to the potty. But potty training is a team effort. You have to be trained to get her to the potty. I don't think she is too young. Routine is key. Every few hours, put her on the potty. About 20 minutes or so after eating, put her on the potty. No drinks a few hours before bedtime.
The poop in diaper showing is just getting your attention. I wouldn't make a big deal of it. Show her the potty, put the poop you can out of the diaper into the potty then put her on the potty.
If she is a rewards responder, then I'd find some cute stickers or small pieces of candy that she knows she will only get if she goes potty and not in her pants. After a month or so, wean off the rewards, but just then say great job, clap or whatever makes her feel rewarded.
I don't think potty training happens overnight. It generally takes a few months. I do think if the weather is warm, it's a good time to try, as less clothes on mean less to get messed and easier to get off.

Good luck! Diapers are in my distant past, but I have to tell ya, after years of potty searching when my kids were young, I know every potty in every local store and mall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter