Early November Travelers! For those arriving Nov 1 ~ Nov. 17

I subscribed to this thread and asked to join the FB group. DH and I are celebrating my 50th b day and our 25th wedding anniversary.. I am also dancing in DTD with my dance school.. We will be in ASMovies... November 8th through November 12-- we fly back the 13th.
Happy to find this thread!
Debi

:welcome:

I was just playing on the Laughing Place site. Has a neat feature that calculates travel options and times for wdw. Does anyone now how accurate this is though??

This is what I get from Poly to Epcot -

Walk to Transportation & Ticket Center
Transfer to Monorail to Epcot®
Estimated Time: 40 minutes

40 minutes :scared: That cant be right can it??:confused3

That might be close.. It depends on how fast you get on the monorail...how long your walk is from your room (and how fast you walk) AND I think the trip itself is around 20 minutes if I remember right. I think they try to estimate wait time too. To give you an average. That said, you could get there much faster...or take longer. Just remember it's better to be early than late.

Ok, now that I look at it. it doesn't seem to allow for waiting time (it has been awhile since I searched on it). So I would guess that it would take close to 40 minutes. Maybe someone else can chime in if they remember how long the ride on the monorail is to Epcot.

That might be close.. It depends on how fast you get on the monorail...how long your walk is from your room (and how fast you walk) AND I think the trip itself is around 20 minutes if I remember right. I think they try to estimate wait time too. To give you an average. That said, you could get there much faster...or take longer. Just remember it's better to be early than late.

Good point thank you :thumbsup2 Looks like Im gonna have to tweak my spreadsheet again :lmao:

Does anyone know if you are allowed to take a bottle of wine/chocolates on a carriage ride at POR? I am still trying to pick between that or the dessert part for DH and I. Disney has too many choices sometimes!! :rotfl:

I did a little looking some are saying the ride is between 8 and 15 minutes.

Thanks again!! Id rather plan on the extra time then be half hour past opening :eek: So Ill stick to their time estimates to be safe :thumbsup2

We are LM as of now, but debating going suite if/when we get FD. Don't know for sure though :confused3.

My thought is this; we would probably end up spending the about same amount for suite w/ FD as we are for the LM room and no FD. However, as cool as the suite would be, I don't know if it would be better to just take the savings, or upgrading. (Plus, being the only pink in my house of blue.... I kinda think the LM room looks really cool!!)

The WDW/cruise combo sounds great!

I personally don't mind the LM theme either, but I know DS would prefer Cars. I just can't see spending so much more when there's only two of us. I wonder how well Disney thought that out... All the suites are much more boy-friendly or neutral in theme. As it is, I know we'll be taking a walk through there and doing photos.

Are you staying over 11/10 or checking out that day? I just found out that we can add another night and leave 11/11, but there isn't a single LM room available that night. I can't believe it's so booked up already! Doesn't sound good for FD... And you can't change to suites with hopes of switching back later, it seems.
Well, if you do decide to do a suite and are checking out 11/11, let me know so I can try to snap up that room for the one night... :rolleyes1 I'm stalking CMs until then... pirate:

We're doing the same parties! I think it's going to be amazing to do both parties in one trip.

Same here! This was our main objective in my plan this time. I don't think we'll do it in the future, but just this once we can risk OD'ing on Disney holiday magic! :santa:

And I hope Dis reads "holiday season" the same way I would... That could mean a chance to do BoG! The rumored Aug. 4 ADR opening happens to be DS's b-day, so maybe that will give us an extra dose of pixie dust! :wizard:

I'm kinda wondering the time to get from the AKL to BBB we have a 8 a.m. reservation at BBB on the morning of my DD's Bday, hate the thought of getting her up at 6 on vacation but it may come down to that! :lmao:

The WDW/cruise combo sounds great!

I personally don't mind the LM theme either, but I know DS would prefer Cars. I just can't see spending so much more when there's only two of us. I wonder how well Disney thought that out... All the suites are much more boy-friendly or neutral in theme. As it is, I know we'll be taking a walk through there and doing photos.

Are you staying over 11/10 or checking out that day? I just found out that we can add another night and leave 11/11, but there isn't a single LM room available that night. I can't believe it's so booked up already! Doesn't sound good for FD... And you can't change to suites with hopes of switching back later, it seems.
Well, if you do decide to do a suite and are checking out 11/11, let me know so I can try to snap up that room for the one night... :rolleyes1 I'm stalking CMs until then... pirate:

We check out 11/10, the cruise leaves that day :goodvibes

Same here! This was our main objective in my plan this time. I don't think we'll do it in the future, but just this once we can risk OD'ing on Disney holiday magic! :santa:

And I hope Dis reads "holiday season" the same way I would... That could mean a chance to do BoG! The rumored Aug. 4 ADR opening happens to be DS's b-day, so maybe that will give us an extra dose of pixie dust! :wizard:

You can OD on Disney Holiday Magic?!:lmao:

I'm hoping that holidays mean Halloween!:thumbsup2

checking in to the new thread but mostly to see where my ticker is :)

Is it weird to have the ticker countdown memorized.....:rolleyes1

You can add us to the list! We are checking in Nov 3-9 renting points at AKL then switching over to the Swan Nov 9-12 for the race. DD and I are running the half and DH and I are running the 5k.:thumbsup2

I'm not sure if we are going now :( We had some unforeseen expenses we had to use our trip money for, so I'm not sure we can pay it off and pay for flights. Right now we are still booked at full price, so maybe if we get a good discount we can swing it. Our final payment is due in the middle of Sept. I'm not cancelling anything right now, but not making any more payments either. Fingers and toes crossed we can still swing it, but it's not looking great. I'm SO glad we didn't tell the kids yet. We are hoping if we have to cancel maybe we can do early spring. I really wanted to do the first week of Nov because we are from NJ and the kids would only miss one day of school. We pulled them out to go last time, but they were in kindergarten and 2nd grade. My older ds will be in 4th grade and I feel like it will be harder for him to miss school. We'll see. I'm sad, but I guess that's life. I'll keep lurking on this thread.

So, here is a question/idea I have been rolling around in my head :rotfl:. We are going to WDW to celebrate DD's third bday. I have planned everything with that and have been talking about all the things to do with her but we are also taking both set's of parents with us. Both of which will be celebrating their anniversary in the month of Nov. Neither are while we are there but very close to the dates. Should I do something to celebrate these as well? If so what? A special dinner alone wouldn't work because they both want to spend as much time with DD as possible. I just really want to make this trip extra special! I don't know many people that go on vacay with both sets of parents and this may be our only trip like this with them so I am trying to plan all I can! LOL!
I agree, something from Disney Florist and definitely call and have it added on your reservations. Be sure they get the anniv buttons too! You could plan a special event like surprise them with the dessert party or something?

I loved the mother-daughter storyline. So much better than the usual princess story!
Me too- i really loved that unique aspect!:goodvibes

I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" to all you November travelers. We did our first Disney trip last November (tues-tues before Thanksgiving) and it was MARVELOUS. Spectacular weather and no crowd issues at all. As a matter of fact, my husband who is not a huge Disney fan, said "if" we ever go back he'd for sure only do it if we went the same week. He agreed that I picked the perfect time.
Anyway...I don't have a trip planned right now...though I did receive the Minnie Mouse pin and it's SUPER tempting to book FD for the same week in Nov. that we love. However...a trip to Alaska and other financial stuff in the way this year. I wish I could give my PIN to one of ya'll that is going!
So...I just wanted to let all you November folks know that you're picking a great time to go. Have fun and I'm soooo jealous!
THANK YOU! i am going to read your TR now. We arrive on Nov 8-17th, so we are there the week before Thanksgiving and I was searching for TR from that time period!

I was just playing on the Laughing Place site. Has a neat feature that calculates travel options and times for wdw. Does anyone now how accurate this is though??

This is what I get from Poly to Epcot -

Walk to Transportation & Ticket Center
Transfer to Monorail to Epcot®
Estimated Time: 40 minutes

40 minutes :scared: That cant be right can it??:confused3
The ride to Epcot is longer than you think on the monorail. so that wouldn't surprise me as being accurate. :)

I'm not sure if we are going now :( We had some unforeseen expenses we had to use our trip money for, so I'm not sure we can pay it off and pay for flights. Right now we are still booked at full price, so maybe if we get a good discount we can swing it. Our final payment is due in the middle of Sept. I'm not cancelling anything right now, but not making any more payments either. Fingers and toes crossed we can still swing it, but it's not looking great. I'm SO glad we didn't tell the kids yet. We are hoping if we have to cancel maybe we can do early spring. I really wanted to do the first week of Nov because we are from NJ and the kids would only miss one day of school. We pulled them out to go last time, but they were in kindergarten and 2nd grade. My older ds will be in 4th grade and I feel like it will be harder for him to miss school. We'll see. I'm sad, but I guess that's life. I'll keep lurking on this thread.
So sorry to hear this. Let us know how it goes. Keeping you in our thoughts! Pixie dust!!!!

We arrive @ POP Century 11/6 and depart 11/14. We may add a 1 night stay at AKL to try the Wanyama Safari, but haven't decided for sure yet.

Please add us to your list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter