Early morning magic capacity

Spork24

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder
I spoke with a cast member who was a management type. (Loose button down shirt with a pick up stick not picking anything up). He was very engaging and looking for feedback. He told me they limited it this morning to 200 guests but would be opening it to 300 after the first week. Another management looking CM working breakfast told me that the restraunt could hold 400 and the ultimate goal was to eventually work up to capacity. (400)

I wouldn't think they could stretch it past that. They are limited by the restraunt size.

All the managers were really excited about everything though!
Well, they could switch Be Our Guest to a breakfast location, or add in Columbia Harbor House, or even Launch Bay as they are all very close to Fantasyland. Plenty of options to expand this.

Well, they could switch Be Our Guest to a breakfast location, or add in Columbia Harbor House, or even Launch Bay as they are all very close to Fantasyland. Plenty of options to expand this.

I think what's more likely if they decide to expand this idea is to see a second one at pecos Bill another day of the week or possibly the same day with splash btmrr and pirates.

I think what's more likely if they decide to expand this idea is to see a second one at pecos Bill another day of the week or possibly the same day with splash btmrr and pirates.

That could be fun, except how many times would a person want to get soaked on splash in the morning? BTW, I absolutely know it's possible to ride that without getting wet (did it myself once) but if you're riding multiple times, you're more likely to get drenched at least once. Not something that sounds good to me first thing in the morning. Then again, based on what I was hearing from last fall, getting drenched might be just as likely on POTC! :crazy2:

Riddle me this, if there are so few people in the parks and on the rides for these early morning Magic and after dark hours, why do people have to get off each ride and reboard? It seems like it would be easier for everyone if when the ride stopped, riders who wanted to exit the ride could exit, new riders board and then people who want to ride again just stay seated. Josh from easywdw reported that it too, him 12 minutes to exit Winnie the Pooh as the ride empties into the gift shop, you have to walk all the way around the tree, weave through the empty lines of the normal que to arrive again at the boarding area. If the park is really that deserted, doesn't that seem kind of silly?

Last edited:
I think they could even use the "ride up to 3x without exiting" as another perk, if it truly is that empty.

With 200 hundred people, there will often be people in every line waiting to ride. It is that the return line is so short that makes it easy to ride over and over. Which is how he rode five times in 24 minutes.

It is silly not to have the queue set up with shorter lines. It is possible that the CMs at Pooh were setting up for regular park crowds since it was past 8:30 by then. I'm not sure there is anything you can do about exiting through the gift shop. It's designed like that for a reason. I will also note that the 12 minutes were for two rides on Pooh. So six minutes riding and six minutes queuing.

Riddle me this, if there are so few people in the parks and on the rides for these early morning Magic and after dark hours, why do people have to get off each ride and reboard? It seems like it would be easier for everyone if when the ride stopped, riders who wanted to exit the ride could exit, new riders board and them people who want to ride again just stay seated. Josh from easywdw reported that it too, him 12 minutes to exit Winne the Pooh as the ride empties into the gift shop, you have to walk all the way around the tree, weave through the empty lines of the normal que to arrive again at the boarding area. If the park is really that deserted, doesn't that seem kind of silly?

Riddle me this, if there are so few people in the parks and on the rides for these early morning Magic and after dark hours, why do people have to get off each ride and reboard? It seems like it would be easier for everyone if when the ride stopped, riders who wanted to exit the ride could exit, new riders board and them people who want to ride again just stay seated. Josh from easywdw reported that it too, him 12 minutes to exit Winne the Pooh as the ride empties into the gift shop, you have to walk all the way around the tree, weave through the empty lines of the normal que to arrive again at the boarding area. If the park is really that deserted, doesn't that seem kind of silly?
I guessing re-entry allows for automatic counting of rides

I think the real surprize here is that both morning and evening hours are not even close to reaching full.

To me that is a indication Iger and his Igertorn may have found the limit guests are willing and able to pay.

They have made a number of price cuts. Does all this mean guests have reached their limit.......have they had enough cut backs and.price increases?

AKK

During regular EMH last October after PPF we went straight to Winnie-the-pooh (around 8:30) and there was 1 family in front of us, so we loaded and once it was over asked the CM if we could stay on and ride again (there was not a single person in line) so we got to ride again, then for the heck of it since no one was in line still asked for another round and they let us stay on. Later on in our trip we rode Little mermaid (this time during the day around 3ish) walked right on the ride, once again this ride was over and we asked if we could stay on for another ride and they let us. We did the exact same in EPCOT with Finding Nemo (right at opening).

I think the real surprize here is that both morning and evening hours are not even close to reaching full.

To me that is a indication Iger and his Igertorn may have found the limit guests are willing and able to pay.

They have made a number of price cuts. Does all this mean guests have reached their limit.......have they had enough cut backs and.price increases?

AKK

I think this event is more likely to stick around than DAH. Because the event is so much smaller in scope, it's much easier for Disney to make a profit. Did anyone see any reports on how PPO Be Our Guest reservations were affected. Were those guests still able to ride early?

I think this event is more likely to stick around than DAH. Because the event is so much smaller in scope, it's much easier for Disney to make a profit. Did anyone see any reports on how PPO Be Our Guest reservations were affected. Were those guests still able to ride early?

Yes, it sounds like they were able to get into the standby or fastpass line (can't recall which) and were allowed to ride as soon as the park opened, before the rope drop crowd arrived. They pretty much got one ride before it got crazy.

Financially - I still think that this is pretty much a gold mine...let's assume they get to 400 guests. I think the rides could handle that enough that folks got their fill - might not get quite as many as now - but easily multiple rides possible.

Let's average it out to 65$pp - that means they collect $26,000 in entry fees.

Costs to Disney:
Front gate, transportation and PhotoPass CMs - Free (already on the payroll)
Ride CMs for 3 rides - let's assume they need 30 CMs for an extra 1.5 hours each @10$/hr =$450
Breakfast for 400 people- @10$/person (this probably covers food and prep) =$4000
CMs for manning PH entrance for breakfast 5@2 hrs = $100

Total Costs = $4550 (let's round up to $5000 to cover social security or health car etc for those wages just incase..)..

So - Disney finds a way to add $21,000 in profit *2 events/week. $42,000...by doing almost nothing...since the infrastructure is already there...let's assume they do this for 50 weeks a year...it's over $2M....

I'm sure this is hear to stay...even if they have to give discounts to AP to fill it up they are still increasing profits..

I'd welcome any feedback on my math! Besides the cost of EMM, I disn't have any real numbers...

Financially - I still think that this is pretty much a gold mine...let's assume they get to 400 guests. I think the rides could handle that enough that folks got their fill - might not get quite as many as now - but easily multiple rides possible.

Let's average it out to 65$pp - that means they collect $26,000 in entry fees.

Costs to Disney:
Front gate, transportation and PhotoPass CMs - Free (already on the payroll)
Ride CMs for 3 rides - let's assume they need 30 CMs for an extra 1.5 hours each @10$/hr =$450
Breakfast for 400 people- @10$/person (this probably covers food and prep) =$4000
CMs for manning PH entrance for breakfast 5@2 hrs = $100

Total Costs = $4550 (let's round up to $5000 to cover social security or health car etc for those wages just incase..)..

So - Disney finds a way to add $21,000 in profit *2 events/week. $42,000...by doing almost nothing...since the infrastructure is already there...let's assume they do this for 50 weeks a year...it's over $2M....

I'm sure this is hear to stay...even if they have to give discounts to AP to fill it up they are still increasing profits..

I'd welcome any feedback on my math! Besides the cost of EMM, I disn't have any real numbers...

You would also have to add early hours for starting up the park, the attractions, other systems, additional CMs time, park security. Parking CMs, gate, trams,

Is the monorail and ferries running early?

Then add in all genral wear and tear on the various areas of the parks, equipment , attractions, and all the other odds and ends,power costs.

I am sure WDW Igertrons have figures for all than down to a hour.

And right now both the morning or evening empty.

AKK

You would also have to add early hours for starting up the park, the attractions, other systems, additional CMs time, park security. Parking CMs, gate, trams,

Is the monorail and ferries running early?

Then add in all genral wear and tear on the various areas of the parks, equipment , attractions, and all the other odds and ends,power costs.

I am sure WDW Igertrons have figures for all than down to a hour.

AKK
All of these things are already running for PPO ADRs....and comparing attraction usage per day - they are still running fewer hours than last year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter