Early morning CRT

Wyattsmom

Earning My Ears
I've booked CRT for 8:25 am on a day when the park opens at 9. I was excited at first but now I'm sick to my stomach thinking that I just paid $200 for breakfast. That's a weekend vacation to Great Wolf Lodge, or two season passes to our favorite amusement parks.
I'm waffling. Is it an amazing experience to go in the castle?

I don't think it's worth it. Others do. The food's mediocre and the character interaction is rushed.

This is such a subjective thing. I know some who say it's not worth it, but I think it's worth doing at least once. We enjoy it...don't do it every trip...but I really like being in the castle, I think breakfast is the best of the 3 meals served there, and it's nice with a pre-park opening time slot. Still, if the cost has you feeling sick, it might not be worth it.

This is such a subjective thing. I know some who say it's not worth it, but I think it's worth doing at least once. We enjoy it...don't do it every trip...but I really like being in the castle, I think breakfast is the best of the 3 meals served there, and it's nice with a pre-park opening time slot. Still, if the cost has you feeling sick, it might not be worth it.
I agree. Some say its worth it every time and some will do it once and say that's enough. Is it the prepark reservation that you wanted the most? If it is and your open to crystal palace I would go there instead. But if it's because of the experience I would probably keep the reservation.

Me personally, I would never spend that much for breakfast. Nor would I waste 2 TS points if I was on the dining plan.

Seconding Crystal Palace if you're just looking for the pre-opening ADR. We love CP and go every trip. I think CRT would be worth it once, but others may disagree.

My vote is NOT worth it. Arriving at the park early is not all it is cracked up to be. There are tons of folks entering early for the various ADR breakfasts so a picturesque photo of your family only and the castle is next to impossible. We have done CRT breakfast two different times (breakfast is cheaper) and the first time was sort of magical, but the second time my daughter stated, "Well, it was the same as last time." Needless to say, it is not one of the ADRs I made for our next trip. We did do CP the very last time we went and I was disappointed because it actually put us behind the rope drop crowd due to the fact the characters were really slow in coming around. Also, I felt like our pictures at character meals come out awful. Always random people and half eaten food do not make for good composition.
If this is your trip of a lifetime, by all means do it. But, otherwise, pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter