Early morning arrival...what to do with my carry-on suitcase?

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
I normally don't take a carry-on with me but I would love to be able to take my laptop, swim suit and a change of clothes with us on the plane. (Not so sure about putting my laptop in a checked bag?)

We are arriving at 9am and staying at an All Star Resort. I requested early check-in but won't be surprised if the room isn't ready because of it being that early. Is there something I can do with my carry-on while we spend the day at the parks?(storage at the resort maybe?) Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a million!

thats what early check in is for.
don't be surprised if your room IS ready when you arrive.
however if its not then you can wait in line at bag storage next to the resort airline check in.

no don't put your laptop in your checked luggage.

Last edited:
Yup, luggage services will take it and lock it up for you. This is true of most hotels, btw, if you are checking out but not leaving the area right away you can leave your luggage with them and come back and get it later, or, in the case of rooms not being ready, leave it at the beginning of your stay.

We always leave our iPads/laptops with bell services because we almost always arrive in the morning. And like WEDWDW stated, make sure they know you have valuables with you. Now, if you happen to go to Caribbean Beach and run into an older lady having a really bad day, be prepared for a nasty attitude. When we checked in on our May trip, I let her know that there was an iPad in my carry on, and asked if she would mind locking it up. (I've done this probably 20 times in the past at different Disney resorts). She acted as if I'd asked for her first born child. Everyone else we've ever asked was more than happy to lock our stuff up. :flower3:

Now, if you happen to go to Caribbean Beach and run into an older lady having a really bad day, be prepared for a nasty attitude. When we checked in on our May trip, I let her know that there was an iPad in my carry on, and asked if she would mind locking it up. (I've done this probably 20 times in the past at different Disney resorts). She acted as if I'd asked for her first born child. Everyone else we've ever asked was more than happy to lock our stuff up. :flower3:

Was THIS the gal? She's a pistol!

WickedWitch.jpeg

Please don't check your laptop. My sister-in-law did that going to Mexico (put it in between clothing) and it came back to her with a crushed screen and no longer turned on. That vacation cost her a $1500 computer or should I say our family company. Eek.

Never put any valuables in your checked luggage! Things can and will be stolen.

Does the luggage service give you any type of receipt if you say (and show) there's a laptop or tablet in the bag? So if it goes missing later you have "proof" that the bag you left contained something valuable? That's my only concern. There are bad people everywhere...even at Disney.

We always put our ipads, chargers and anything else valuable in our carry-ons. We always arrive in the morning and last year was the first time that our room was not ready upon check-in so we left our carryons with Bell Services and they locked them up for us- I was nervous since we hadn't done that before, but they assured me nothing would happen to them. We came back after the park that night and picked them right up (they'll give you a piece of paper that you give them when you pick your stuff back up, I don't think there was anything written on it that said we had ipads in the bags though) and everything was fine. No worries!

I normally don't take a carry-on with me but I would love to be able to take my laptop, swim suit and a change of clothes with us on the plane. (Not so sure about putting my laptop in a checked bag?)

We are arriving at 9am and staying at an All Star Resort. I requested early check-in but won't be surprised if the room isn't ready because of it being that early. Is there something I can do with my carry-on while we spend the day at the parks?(storage at the resort maybe?) Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a million!

And when the laptop gets stolen out of the checked bag you will get the airline "shrug" They don't cover valuables (electronics, jewerly)

And how do they know what to steal... well at one airport the baggage handlers knew which luggage had the goodies because their friends in the TSA told them.. Yes folks, it's a dual opportunity job, protect the air and rob the passengers all at once LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter