Early may or late august. Same weather?

queenofmykingdom

Earning My Ears
We went in September a few years ago. It was hot, and extremely humid (as expected). We are thinking of going the first week if may for ? Better weather, or last week if August for better crowds. This would be in 2014. Is is less humid in may vs August?

Yes, May will be cooler and much less humid than August. The crowds should be low during the first week of May, also.

August is like September, only hotter and more humid.

I've done several early May trips and only once was it unseasonably hot & humid. The weather is usually much easier to handle in early May than it is in late August!

It also rains a lot in the afternoon in August and it's the beginning of hurricane season. Although hurricanes don't typically affect the parks, it may affect your flight in or out of Orlando depending on where you are flying.

We went in September a few years ago. It was hot, and extremely humid (as expected). We are thinking of going the first week if may for ? Better weather, or last week if August for better crowds. This would be in 2014. Is is less humid in may vs August?

Don't think that it won't be hot though in May. It is still very hot and humid, though will usually average a few degrees cooler than August.

We were there in April this year and some days I was just dripping it was so hot, and I'm a southern girl and used to it! :goodvibes

When we went in April and May it was still 90+ and humid. May have just been our luck but felt the same as August! :)

It also rains a lot in the afternoon in August and it's the beginning of hurricane season. Although hurricanes don't typically affect the parks, it may affect your flight in or out of Orlando depending on where you are flying.

Actually, hurricane season has already begun - June 1 - Nov. 30. The worst months are Aug. & Sept.

When we went in April and May it was still 90+ and humid. May have just been our luck but felt the same as August! :)

That can be very typical! Naturally, each year can vary, but to me it can be hot and humid (varying each year) from April-Sept, Oct.). There is usually a few degrees difference in averages each month, but when you are out all day a few degrees doesn't matter when it's hot and humid. ;)

Most of my trips have been in August. We went in June and yes it was hot and humid but not as bad as August. For May the average high is 87 degrees yes this will feel hot and humid but the advantage is the lows are in the low 60s with an average of 40% humidity. And remember this is for all of May so early May will be even cooler. August on the other hand is an average of 92 degrees. So we are talking five degrees difference probably more because all of August will be hot whereas May will be a larger range. Average low is 74 degrees. That is a ten degree difference from May.

I've been going to WDW for my birthday May 6th since 2006 and have gone in August 6 times. I find early May can be VERY hot! This year was actually quite nice. I find the heat in May can be quite challenging as I'm not used to it here at home. By August it is hot at home so I'm more used to the heat.

Flower & Garden Fest is beautiful and crowds in early May are very manageable.

I've never been in May, but have gone at the end of April. Being from the Northeast, I find that April was harder than the many August trips I've made. At least in August my body has had time to adjust to the summer heat and humidity. It's typically 85 - 90 here in August with very high humidity so going to WDW in August is just about the same as the weather at home. When we went in April, we were leaving mid 40s - 60s depending on how the Spring weather had been, and that 20 - 40 degree difference sure felt like a lot more.

Most of my trips have been in August. We went in June and yes it was hot and humid but not as bad as August. For May the average high is 87 degrees yes this will feel hot and humid but the advantage is the lows are in the low 60s with an average of 40% humidity. And remember this is for all of May so early May will be even cooler. August on the other hand is an average of 92 degrees. So we are talking five degrees difference probably more because all of August will be hot whereas May will be a larger range. Average low is 74 degrees. That is a ten degree difference from May.

Have to agree with my fellow PA'er. Our experience has been the same. Before kids, we used to visit a lot in early May. Then moved to a few June trips. Not as humid as we experienced during our August trips. Surprised no one has mentioned the love bugs...they are abundant in May. Never bothered us. But you tend to see them all over the place.

My vote is for May!!!

I love going in the beginning of May. We've been going in August for the last couple years because older son didn't want to miss school, and it's hot and crowded!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter