Early May, one day at MK, one day at AK

brooke.jax.gia

Earning My Ears
We are going in early May and only have one day to spend in MK and one in AK. We are staying off site. Will we still be able to do the fp+ system? Is there any possibility that we will be able to snag a character dinner? I'd love to hear any ideas or suggestions for taking on a park in a single day!

We are going in early may and just planning two MK days only. If you bought your tickets already, you can book your FP+ at the 30 day mark at midnight. There will be availability for most but probably not A&E or 7DMT. My advice for one day is to get there prior to rope drop and take advantage of the short lines at that time. I think you probably can book a character dinner at Crystal Palace but times may not be ideal, CRT is likely all gone. If you are just going to do one character meal I would go with Tusker House on your AK day. FOllow the cancel board for May to see what other people are dropping and you may get lucky! Plus, i find that lots of people cancel the day before, so dont worry too much if you cant get anything, it will probably open up eventually if you are on top of it. Or pay $8 for one of those notification systems like Disney DIning BUddy, and let them search for you. GOod luck!

We're doing just 1 day at MK and staying Off site at the end of April. Was able to book FP+ at 30 days out and found a pre rope drop ADR for Crystal Palace just 5 weeks out. Our plan is to arrive at 745 and hit the rides after breakfast until the crowds get tough then take it easy and use our 3 FPS from 1130-2 then take a break for a few hours and return for 6-midnight. We're going to valet park at the Contemporary to make in/out easier. we are not planning on a ton of rides, more going for the general Disney atmosphere. I'll post a short report when we get back.

First you need to sign up to MDE (My disney Experience). If you havent already.

Then, you should buy your tickets in advance. (if you havent already)

Then link the tickets to MDE.

30 days before your trip you can reserve FP+ using those tickets.

As for Character dining, you can make that reservation right now. Offsite guests can always reserve dining up to 180 days in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter