Early May Crowds?

DisneyTrippin

Earning My Ears
With the exception of this year, seeing how the Happiest Celebration kicked off, how is early May weather and crowds?

Well we were actually in WDW this past May during the kick off and found the weather to be nice and the crowds to be minimal. Certain parks closed early for press events but we found most of the parks to be very manageable. I would definitely go back again in early May.

Thank you!

We are thinking a short trip. May 2 - 7 or May 3 - 8. Hopefully that will be early enough to avoid crazy crowds and late enough to not be cold in the evening with shorts on.

Gosh, I guess nobody has ever been in May. You should enjoy the parks then. :teeth:

I went in the beginning of June and it was very humid, somewhat crowded and rained for a short time each day....one day all day long.

I believe your crowds will be better in the beginning of May due to school still being in. I would imagine the humidity would not be much different.

So nobody has been in May to comment? Wow, I think I will really enjoy having the parks ALL TO MYSELF!!! :cool1:

I went several Mays ago but can't remember too much about the crowds. However, I have heard somewhere on this board that the first couple of weeks in May is good (I am planning a trip for 8-13 May this coming year) since kiddos are still in school and Spring break is over. The weather is hot. I do remember that. :flower:

We are headed down May 7-13!! TOOOOOO far away!!! We have heard good things about crowd levels, but would love to hear from people who have actually been this time of year.

I've gone the first or second week of May the past 5 years. Crowds are usually moderate, not too bad. Weather can be hot - into the low 90's but not as humid as summer. This past May it was only in the 80's. Very little rain.

We were there this past May 14-20 and found the parks not to be very crowded at all. Our normal wait times were 10-15 minutes, Fastpasses were always available for times not to long from when we picked them up. The only times we found the parks crowded were the evening EMH's, with the exception of evening EMH at AK.

Here is what we experienced the last 3yrs. First time(went during the first 2wksof May)....no waits in line..didn't need the Fast Passes...hot and humid...no rain...was in the 90s and very muggy....2nd year(same time)...crowds a bit more than the first...but you could stll ride the Buzz Lightyear ride 3 times in a row without wait in the morning...but by 10am we needed a FP. Could still get an immdediate seating at some eateries. Temps were milder...mid 80s not as humid...no rain. Third year...went last few days of April first days of May...between 2 states being on late Spring Break...and Grad nights...much longer lines...(even up to an hour for Peter Pan!) ....weather was nice...80s...but occassion showers on 2 of the days...also there were up to 3hr waits for walk ins at Kona Cafe...and no chance of last minute PS. Hope this might give you an idea. All in all a pretty good time to go.

We came home on May 1st this year so I can't comment on crowds, but I can tell you that it was in the upper 80's and lower 90's during the day during the last week in April. Hope this helps.

One thing to keep in mind is early May is better than late May. I think alot of Florida schools are out mid to late May so the crowds do pick up at the end of the month.

Happy planning! :flower:

We were there the first week of this past May and the crowds were very light until the Celebration kicked off. Even then the crowds weren't too bad except for the fact that when one of the parks closed early it seemed to push people to the other parks (obviously) which made them pretty crowded. But with out the Celebration kickoff, the crowds should be fine.

I LOVE EARLY MAY! we're going back this apr 30 - may 6! as far as crowds...we had to wait once or twice for about 15-20 mins, but other than that no waiting! weather was decent, shorts & tees during the day, possible sweatshirt at night (especially during fantasmic...the h2o that sprinkles the crowd during the wind was a bit chilly!)

CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK TO THE CASA DE MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

What "season" (Value, Peak, etc.) is say, the first of week of May considered? Didn't really consider that time of year until I read this thread.... :goodvibes

Check out allearsnet.com. It has the seasons for all the resorts. I think early May is considered regular season, which is the next one after value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter